I

Melody Of the Night [HIATUS]

Standing in front of the tall black gate, Seon-yul took a large key out of her blue purse and inserted it into the rusty old lock that hung from the metal bars. After hearing a click, she pushed the screeching gates open and stepped inside the garden. Holding a violin case in her hand, the girl walked past the flowers and bushes, straight to the back entrance of the building.

Right now, Seon-yul is on her way to the music room located in the art building of her old highschool. She comes here everyday to play her violin. Well, everyday except for when she goes out with her boyfriend.

Her boyfriend, a rich university student who studies business at school. Seon-yul loves him very very much, she is absolutely loyal to him. They have been dating for about 4 month now, but recently, he hadn't been spending time with her that often due to his busy work at school.

Music is a big part of Seon-yul's life, infact, her life is dedicated to music. Even her name, Seon-yul meant melody.

Walking up the stairs, Seon-yul couldn't help but smile when she thought about playing the new piece she finished last night. Her dream is to become a composer. Right now, she is studying music in university.

Pushing the door to the music room open, she looked inside and smiled when she saw a cute cupcake wrapped in pink package sitting on the desk near the window. Smiling delightfully, Seon-yul hopped over to the desk and picked the cupcake up. It is the 4th one she recieved this week.

She doesn't know who they're from but when she comes here to practice, there are cute little snacks waiting for her on the desk near the window. Last time it was chocolates, the time before was cute little cookies. Always, on the package, it always says: To the Violin girl, thank you for the beautiful music you share with the world.

Strange how she don't know a thing about that stranger, yet she already felt so close to that person. She picked the cupcake up and carefully placed it into her purse. Then, she took out her music sheets and her violin.

Standing by the window, her performance began. The beautiful tune echoed around the empty room, it then flew out the window to the back garden of the building.

Time flew by fast, gradually, the night settled in and the garden was slowly enveloped in darkness. The leaves shook on a giant oak tree out the window yet there was no wind. How strange... But of course, Seon-yul didn't notice that at all, she was already in a different world of music.

With her eyes closed, Seon-yul elegantly played the violin with graceful movements. Just when the song was about to enter it's , the ringing of her phone interrupted the music.

Opening her eyes in surprise, Seon-yul gently placed her intrument down and went to fetch her cellphone.

"Hello?" She greeted in a sweet voice, her expression lit up and her lips curled up into a smile when she saw the caller ID was Baekhyun's, her boyfriend.

"Hey babe, I am just calling to tell you that I can't be with you tomorrow, I am busy with an important assignment." Her boyfriend's vioce said.

"Oh, Baekhyun... I was planning to... Never mind, you should focus on your study, it's okay." She replied with disappointment.

"Alright, I got to go now, bye." The male quickly finished and ended the call without apologizing.

Sighing, Seon-yul put her phone away and went back to her violin. She was planning to take him to a musical tomorrow afternoon, but it looks like he can't come after all.

Seon-yul was a bit worried, Baekhyun seemed so distant these days. He stopped calling her or texting her, he is always busy now... Even when he speaks to her, there's no kindness and love in his voice towards her anymore. Is something happening? No, Seon-yul always denies that thought, she trusts Baekhyun, she loves him.

The music resumed, Seon-yul started playing again.

 

On the oak tree by the window, a figure sat in the branches, listening to the music the girl was playing. His eyebrows rose up after a few seconds, the melody changed. The tune is still the same but this time, the liveliness is gone, if you listen closely, a bit of sadness and disappointment can be heard.

Curious by the sudden change of the music, the figure climbed lower and closer to the window which the girl was standing by. He stretched his neck to see her face, as soon as his gaze landed on her, something skipped in his heart. The girl was angle like, her long hair hung down her back, her calm features were elegantly beautiful, her eyes were closes as she played the violin. On the desk beside her was her blue purse. He smiled when he noticed the cupcake he gave her was neatly placed inside.

Ths was the first time he got a close look at her, it was the first time he had the courage to. Although the darkness of the night and the dense leaves kept him hidden from view, he still felt nervous to approach that girl.

He watched her until the performance was over. The girl sorted out all the music sheets and placed them in the drawers of the desk, then, she carefully put her violin back in the case and carried it in one hand while the other hand clenched on to her purse. He watched the girl until she turned the lights off and left the music, shutting the door behind her.

 

Walking down the dark empty path through the garden, Seon-yul glanced at her watch, it was already 10:00. She gazed up at the starry night sky and yawned. Once she arrived at a busy street, she called a cab and headed home.

The cab drove silently down the road, looking at the passing by houses, Seon-yul considered about dinner. It is probably too late to cook when she gets home, she then remembered the cupcake she recieved today. It's not a proper meal, but a snack is enough. She thought and took the cute cupcake from her purse.

Studying the cute thing carefully, she almost felt bad for eating it. It was so well decorated with icing and wrapped carefully with a pink transparent plastic paper that didn't not mess the decorations up. After admiring it for a moment, Seon-yul ate the cupcake.

Maybe it was because of her hunger, the cupcake tasted delicious in . The soft texture of the spongy cake and the sweetness of the chocolate flavoured icing gave her tongue a delightful treatment.

She wondered about the anonymous person who had been sending her these snacks, she wondered how they looked, who they were, and where they bought these delicious treats.

Suddenly, from the corner of her eyes, she caught the sight of two people strolling along the sidewalk. One of them she recognized right away was Baekhyun, the other figure was a girl with long hair. The two of them held hands as they walked down the road.

Seon-yul's eyes widened upon the sight. Tears formed in her eyes as she tried to calm herself. No, they were just studying together, working on the assignment Baekhyun was talking about. Seon-yul convinced herself. I'll ask him about it tomorrow... everything is alright. She thought.

Once Seon-yul got home, she washed up and went straight to bed. She's got a long day tomorrow, without Baekhyun that is...