Time Capsule

The Time Traveler's Girlfriend

2. Time Capsule


“Eeeeewww what the heck is this green glob thing?”

“Probably one of my biology experiments”

“You’re literature graduate, the last time you study biology was in high school”

“Exactly”

Buuukkkk

“Yaaaah! That thing almost hit me in the face!”

“I was aiming your face”

“Silence you chodings!!”

Sunny voice boomed through the whole apartment.

 

They were cleaning and draining the sibling’s apartment from the flooding debacle the night before and they couldn’t stop their mouth from firing unnecessary comment to one another.

Taeyeon were torn between grateful and annoyed of the cleaning as actually that had a silver lining, they able to find bunch of garbage that Jessica stored in their apartment.

 

“What’s in this?” Sunny lifted a glass box contained soil, tree bark, and scrap woods.

Jessica switched her attention from her sister to Sunny, she eyed the glass box in her hands.

“Oh, that’s Leonardo, Michelangelo, Donatello, and Raphael’s house.”

“As in teenage mutant ninja turtle’s house?” Sunny furrowed her brows, besides the soil and woods the box seemed empty

“Umm sweety, I think you better put down that box.” Taeyeon who was moping the floor, eyed her girlfriend warily. “You’re not going to like the things inside.”

Sunny felt small movement from the box. She looked at it closer. She saw something crawling out of one tree barks.

“Aaaaaa bole bole bole bole bole!!” Sunny screamed, threw the box, and ran to Taeyeon’s embrace.

Luckily Jessica had a quick reflex and caught the box in time. She inspected the box with so much love and glared at Sunny

“Yah! You traumatized my babies here” She looked back at the box and talk in baby voice, “Aaaww don’t be scared cutie, mommy will avenge that big bad monster”

Sunny had her hands locked on Taeyeon’s neck and her face buried in her hair. Taeyeon her girlfriend’s back to calm her.

“Sunny-ah.. Leonardo, Michelangelo, Donatello, and Raphael aren’t bugs. They’re beetle!” She lifted the box for her to see, “Look at them, they’re cute right?”

 

Sunnye peeked from Taeyeon’s embrace and she flinched as she saw the bugs for the second time.

“T-taeyeonnie..I think I need to go home” Sunny loosen her grip on Taeyeon, avoiding to look at Jessica or the beetles in her hands. “If you need me for anything just give me a call okay?”

Before Sunny fleeing, Taeyeon grab her hand and turned her around. “Are you okay?”

Sunny nodded and looked up. She saw concern in Taeyeon’s onyx eyes. She gave Taeyeon a short deep kiss for assurance that she was indeed okay.

Jessica rolled her eyes at the display of affection in front of her. “You said that my babies here are disgusting? Well, you should see yourself..”

 

After Sunny went back to her apartment, the sisters started to clean the cabinets in the kitchen.

Taeyeon who was shorter than Jessica ironically had to clean the top of cabinets while her sister set on the bottom cabinets

 

“How do we open this?” Jessica held medium size iron box that looked like a pirate’s treasure chest.

Taeyeon climbed down from the folding ladders and approached her sister. Jessica gave her the box and she inspected it thoroughly.

“I’ve never seen this box before..” Taeyeon shook the box to hear any movement from inside. “It’s locked, are you sure this isn’t yours?”

“No. I might be messy but I never forget my stuff.”

“Well then I just have to pick this lock.” Taeyeon grabbed the lock and examined it. “Do you have bobby pin?”

 

After struggling for 10 minutes, Taeyeon the box finally opened. Inside the box they found USB flash drive, a letter and 4 rocks. Jessica grabbed the letter and read it.

 

Open the flash drive

 

PS. Jessica you’re an idiot

 

Jessica shoved the letter to Taeyeon’s face. “Not funny imbecile!”

“What the heck?! It wasn’t me”

“This is your hand writing!”

~~~~~~

 

They settled on living room with Taeyeon’s laptop on coffee table. Inside the flash drive, they found one folder titled Open This. Without any doubt whatsoever Taeyeon clicked it and turned out it was a video file inside. Jessica finger beat Taeyeon’s to click play the video.

 

Right on the start, they saw the back of a big swivel chair and wooden table.  Suddenly the chair turned to them and revealed a slightly mature looking Taeyeon.

“Hey it’s you!” Jessica pointed out

“Shhhhh”

 

Hello there 22 years old version of me and my 23 years old idiot sister! As I remember, today both of you must be exhausted from all the cleaning that caused by that sleepy head right?

Well that’s not why I left this message for. There’s this thing that more important for you to do and by you I mean Taeyeon, not you Sooyeon.

 

The older version of Taeyeon stopped for a while to drink something from her cup.

 

It’s about Sunny

 

Taeyeon’s body tensed up after hearing her girlfriend’s name.

 

It’s 2027 here, I’m married to a lovely woman and she’s pregnant with our second child. Overall life’s good for me, but unfortunately not for you Sooyeon..

I actually just came back from your memorial services.. I never saw that you would leave me this early..

 

The older Taeyeon sighed

Jessica’s eyes opened wide at this information. Taeyeon stared at her in horror.

 

Hahahahaha I was just kidding!

 

Jessica slapped Taeyeon’s head hard as she couldn’t slap the older Taeyeon.

 

Anyway,

Taeyeon-ah, you must go back to year 1994 before Sunny’s 2nd birthday.

You’re the only one who could save her life.

 

“What?” Taeyeon furrowed her brows in confusion. She didn’t understand a thing that her older self said.

 

Remember the story Sunny had told to us before? About how her mother got pregnant when she was 17, well that stupid boy who did that ran away after two years of forced marriage.

That got her mother into the edge of her sanity and you’re the only one who could make her happy again.

 

“Seriously what?” Taeyeon said out loud. She was the type of person who couldn't explain things clearly, but she never knew she was this bad..

 

You have to go back there and date her mother

 

“WHAT?! WHY?” Taeyeon stood up in anger.

“Shhhhttt listen to old Taeyeon first” Jessica pulled Taeyeon back to her seat

 

I know it sounds crazy and you must be thinking that I’m playing prank on you. Believe me I wish that I was joking too. But it’s not.

 

Taeyeon in the screen was pinching her bridge nose.

 

When I was your age, my older version also left me this video and basically said the same things, but different from her, I didn't just following what she said.

I had tried other ways. I had tried 7 different ways to save Sunny without I have to date her mother but nothing worked out well.

There was always the butterfly effect and in the end, I still couldn’t save Sunny..

 

Click

 

“Yaah, Why do you stop it?” Jessica glared at Taeyeon

“I don’t believe in any of this crap!”

“Just listen to the end so you can be sure whether it’s bull or not.”

 

Jessica played the video once again

 

Actually I did that too.. I stopped the video and ignore it. You know what? The next morning I woke up and I found no trace of Sunny existence. There was different person in her apartment, no one knew Sunny except you. Even Jessica didn’t know her.

 

Taeyeon gulped at this information. But she already had other scenario to do the task without she had to date Sunny’s mother.

 

I know you still want to try other way, so to save you from the trouble I have to say that you can’t do whatever idea that you have now as The Committee won’t allow you to.

The thing is..When I rebelled on the fate and tried other ways, I kinda created some havoc in other people life by changing their supposedly fate..

So if I was you, I’ll be prepared for their visit in no time.

 

The Committee was a bunch of time travelers with higher position in their society who had a full authority of other time traveler action. They guaranteed that time traveler’s activities wouldn’t do any damage to other human’s fate.

As person who always following the rules, Taeyeon certainly wouldn’t like to have anything to do with the committee, moreover to broke any rules.

 

On screen Taeyeon glanced at her watch and widened her eyes.

 

Okay, I will send you another clue another time. I have to go now, I promised my wife to have dinner with her so talk to you later!

Bye..

 

The video ended there, leaving Taeyeon and Jessica speechless in confusion.

Taeyeon opened to talk something when her apartment bell rang.

 


So here's the beggining

How's this chapter? Don't forget to subscribe, up vote and the most important.. comment!

I'll try to update again tomorrow 

Anyway...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUNNY BUNNY XD