Hwang Miyoung

The Time Traveler's Girlfriend

5. Hwang Miyoung


 

Fate works in funny way

 

I was or -still is- an ordinary woman.

I went to school just like any other kids my age. I was pretty good at it though.

I was always on the 5 top students in my high school. I was the leader of drama club and co-captain of our cheerleader team.

 

Life was good, until one prom night ruined everything.

He was my first real boyfriend, he was never really good at academic but he was very popular as he was the captain of basketball team. He even got scholarship out of it

We had been dating for a year back then. I was a because I wanted to save it to the right person. I thought it was him.

 

Everybody allowed one mistake. Yet sometimes that mistake changed your life completely.

 

I got scholarship at the best university in my country. I took accounting as I happened to be good at math.

I was preparing for my first year when I got sick. Well, I thought I got sick.

Turned out I was pregnant for almost a month.

 

He was there for me. At least he wasn’t running away when my parents kicked me out of their house. Suddenly I was a disgrace for my family.

He lost his scholarship. Thankfully I wasn’t, but still I had to postpone it for another year because of my pregnancy.

 

8 months later I gave a birth to beautiful little angel. I was in love with her the moment our eyes locked. We had the same eyes.

I gave her name Soonkyu Lee. Lee from his father.

 

Her father wanted a boy though

 

Since then our relationship went south.

He started to disappear for days. At the same time I needed money and I had to continue my postponed university life.

Thank God my older sister helped me babysit her when I had to go to classes and my part time job.

At least with my little paycheck I could afford my daughter’s and my life's expenses.

 

I got it going pretty well until Soonkyu turned 1 year old.

I couldn’t throw her Dol Party when she reached her first year living on this world

 

I was wondering maybe that the cause of her illness

The doctors said it called Con Heart Defect. She had to get surgery immediately

However I didn’t have the money as our insurance didn’t cover it all

 

It took me almost a year to save up. She was admitted to hospital the day after Christmas

I ackowleded that I was an idiot for keeping all my money on my closet.

My boyfriend found the money then took it all to pay for his debt.

He wasn’t even showed up for almost two months and that day we got into huge fight. He said a lot of hurtful words to me and left my life for good

 

I was lost.

I had no idea what to do with my life anymore.

 

Fate works in funny way

 

As I found myself being embraced by warm hug that saved me from committing suicide

 

She said her name was Kim Taeyeon.

She came and offered to pay for my daughter's surgery. At first I thought she either joking or just simply crazy.

Indeed she was crazy. She did pay for all the bills and even took care of Soonkyu and me.

Crazyly generous I meant.

 

My daughter started calling her Appa. She always blushed and grinned awkwardly whenever it happened.

 

She said she came to Seoul for work. She said she was an architect yet she never told me where she worked. 

She was looked way too young for someone with a stable job, at first I thought she was a highscooler though.

I offered her to stay at my humble studio apartment. That the least thing I could do to pay for her kindness.

She accepted it, although it was kinda weird for me as she seemed pretty loaded yet she wanted to live with me and my daughter in our cramped apartment.

 

My suspicion got answered as it turned out she helped me to take care of Soonkyu way better than what my sister did.

As an architect she could do her work from our (yes I said our) apartment. She just had to go to her mysterious office two or three times a week.

 

She had unique relationship with my daughter.

I knew Taeyeon loved my daughter. She tried to help her with all her needs although sometimes she looked so uncomfortable when she did it

 

Once I caught her sniffed while changing Soonkyu’s diaper when my little angel got diarrhea

I asked her whether she was okay or not, being herself I knew Taeyeon would say that she was okay.

 

“I’m okay.. it just that I won’t see her the same way anymore” She muttered the last line under her breath.

I had no idea what she meant by that, but she made funny face so I couldn’t stop myself from giggling

She was so cute

 

Actually there was strange thing going on whenever I happened to stare at her eyes or made a contact with her.

My heart started to make irregular heart beat.

Sometimes it would go faster when she leaned her head on my shoulder. It would go slower and strangely soothing whenever we slept together in one bed with Soonkyu in the middle.

It would skip a beat whenever she looked straight into my eyes and smiled.

I wonder if con heart defect could happen to someone my age.

 

The three of us had been lived together for almost four months.

Taeyeon and I were getting close and comfortable around each other. She called me Youngie and I called her Taetae.

She called Soonkyu, Sunny. She said Soonkyu reminded of sunshine. It was cute and I started to call her Sunny too.

 

Sometimes I wondered if Taetae felt the same way towards me

I didn’t want to get my hopes up. I tried to ignore those feelings as I didn’t want to scare Taeyeon away.

She was the second best things (the first would be Soonkyu) that happened to my life.

 

One day Taeyeon almost got me a heart attack when she confessed her feelings for me

She said she want me to become her girlfriend

I was just nodded as I lost all the words I had on my mind as I actually had imagine –well, dreamt of it- it to happen in real life.

 

It was a simple confession. I had my own share of grand confession from my jerk ex-boyfriend, yet I didn't even have to think when I said 'Yes' to Taetae

She made it felt right

Well, if it was wrong then I didn't want to be right anymore

 

Then we started having dates just the two of us whenever my sister available to watch over Sunny

We were having a nice routine simple picnic at the park near our home.

There were so many people around so I was surprise by her bold move. She stole a peck from my lips and grinning away.

I was left blushing madly.

It was the first time we kissed. Of course it wasn't my first kiss but it felt like it was.

Her lips was so sweet (yes eventhough it only happened for like 3 seconds but I savoured it)

I couldn't wait for us to go home so I could taste her lips again

 

Fate works in funny way

 

Whoever out there, Jesus or someone else, I wanted to say thank you for sending me Soonkyu and Taeyeon in my life.

 

-Hwang Miyoung-

 


Hi guys how are you?

Well here's the update. This chapter feels kinda angsty for me (not like the previous stupid silly chapter hehe)

I want to explain Tiffany's side so I write it on her POV

Tell me what you think about this chapter on comment box bellow, okay?

Don't forget to upvote dan subsribe (for those who thinks this story deserves it)

Barney's out ^^