Let It Rain

The Time Traveler's Girlfriend

8. Let It Rain


Taeyeon's POV

 

“Okay, let’s do the final check”

She had a piece of paper in her hand which contained every necessary thing we needed for our trip. I was in the middle of those things, ready to re-check them. You see, we made a good team. She instructed me to do something, I did it for her.

Some people called it whipped but whatever..

 

“Food and drink?”

“Check”

“They don’t contain any peanuts right? I still want you to be around for long time”

I chuckled, “Of course they don’t.” I put our food into her pink picnic basket.

“Okay, next Sunny’s milk and her diaper?”

“Check, check”

“Hmmm.. our meal utensils?”

“I have them”

“Your present for our 100th anniversary?”

“Check!” I patted my jacket pocket and smiled. Then I realized my mistake. I put my biggest smile for her.

“Taetae! You said that no present for our 100th day!” She crossed her hands, huffing and puffing. She looked like super cute angry chipmunk. She and Sunny had this similar habit whenever they were angry. Adorable.

 

 

Speaking of Sunny..Ugghhh.. That girlfriend of mine got weirder and weirder. She never the type of over-jealous girlfriend but since last week she started to check my phone regularly. She checked my messages, phone call history, mails, and she inspected my photo gallery, saying she looked for a tall, tan, and y girl that I had no idea who. There were only two tan girls that I knew, Sooyoung and Yuri but none of them were y..

 

 

“So Taetae, do you agree?” Miyoung was standing in front of me with that scary intense glare of hers.

“What?” I asked dumbfounded

“You’re not listening?! I was talking for like 15 minutes”

“Of course I do.. And yes I agree.”

“Noted. Have fun changing Sunny’s diaper for a week” She smiled devilishly at me. “Now, let’s go!” She took Sunny from her crib and walked pass me to the front door.

“Nice.. I have to deal with Sunny’s crap in the past and future” I lifted the picnic basket, locked the apartment door and climbed down those thousand of stairs, following Miyoung.

 

 

 

 

We were going to nearby mountain. Today’s weather was so nice, it was spring so almost all the flowers blossoming. Miyoung said she loved cherry blossom the most so I decided to took her to this place I knew where we could just sit down under those cherry blossom tree.

Today also our 100th anniversary. I was quite nervous and excited. Mine and Sunny’s 100th anniversary wasn’t that memorable.. Well to be honest I chose to not remember it because we had to scrap our plan to take care of the crying and weeping Jessica who broke her leg the day before.

I would make it up today! This day would be memorable!

 

Miyoung was searching for her favorite radio broadcast. I already drove past Seoul’s border, we entered a less crowded area. I took a glance at the back seat, Sunny was already sleeping in her baby chair. She was making those weird puppy voices in her sleep. I smiled at the cute sight.

“…next we will continue to weather cast, prepare your umbrella this evening folks! It will rain cats and dogs today. I suggest you to stay at home as we got report of the possibility of thunderstorm too..”

 

“Taetae.. We don’t bring umbrella!”

“No worries Miyoungie, that guy said it will happen in the evening. We’ll be on our way back home back then.”  I reached out to her hand and gave it gentle pat. I was going to change gear with that hand but she refused to let go.

“Miyoungie.. You do know I need that hand to drive properly right?”

“Let’s do this together.” She lifted our hand and put it on top of the driving stick. It was 1994, we drove manual car so I had to change gear frequently. It was quite difficult to change gear with her hand under mine.

“Why are you so clingy today?” I asked as she put our hand back to her lap.

She hummed before answering me, “I don’t know.. I just feel it. It’s like I won’t be able to hold your hand again” She had her eyes on our intertwined fingers.

“Silly, stop thinking weird things.”

 

I squeezed her hand harder. For a moment I reminded of the fact that I had to end this sooner or later. I took a deep breath to calm my mind down. I didn’t want to think that for now.

I wasn’t ready to say goodbye forever to Miyoung.

 

 

 

 

I felt something tickling my nose and lips, followed with giggling noise. I tried hard to suppress my smile as I knew exactly whose that voices belong to. In quick move I engulfed those two culprits in my arms and held them close.

“Ahahahaha Taetae..” Miyoung started to squirm in my arms

“Appaa.. hahaha!” Sunny too, trying to set her free from me, but I was stronger than them.

“Not gonna happen. I will hold you in my arms forever and ever! Muahaha”

“Tickle fight!” Miyoung knew my weakness, she and Sunny started tickling my tummy. Seconds later I was lying in defeat with irregular breath.

“Yeay we win!” Sunny and Miyoung high five, celebrating their victory over me.

 

Then I felt Miyoung resting her head on my shoulder blade, following with Sunny in my tummy.

We were laying down under the biggest cherry blossom tree around the park.  We showered in those pink petals. Needless to say that Miyoung was very happy with it, some of the petals stuck in her hair yet she didn’t bother to take them.

 

I was brushing Sunny’s hair with my fingers when I felt soft lips in my cheek. I turned my head to her and she greeted me with another kiss, now in my lips. I closed my eyes enjoying her lips.

It was perfect.

She gave me one last peck then caressing my cheek, I opened my eyes and met with the most beautiful eyes I had seen in my life.

 

“Taetae, thanks for coming into my life”

I was going to say something back, but she silenced me with her finger in my lips.

“Wait, I still have a lot things to say..” Then she turned her body to fully rest on her back, her vision back on cherry blossom branches above us. “I don’t know what would happen if you weren’t there when I attempted to end my life. You help Sunny, you take care of her better than her real father would ever be.. But the most important thing is..You become the reason for me to live.”

“Hey.. don’t say that” I said as I moved her head to look back at me.

“Why?”

“I am not the only reason for you to live.” I reached for her hand and put our hand on top of Sunny’s head, “No matter what happen in the future, I want you to promise me that you will always take care of Sunny, and the same thing for me. Do we agree?” I lifted my pinky to seal our promise

One cherry blossom petal fell on my raised knuckles, Miyoung smiled as she blew the petal then she lifted her pinky and intertwined it with mine. “I promise”

 

 

Our moment got interrupted by a loud voice that came from bunch of grey clouds coming over our direction. Sunny was shocked by the lighting voice and started crying. Miyoung took her in her embrace as I tidying up our belonging.

Good thing we arrived at our rent car in time as it started raining. Sunny kept crying as the thunderstorm terrified her, Miyoung took her to the front seat but Sunny refused. I understood why, she could see those scary lightning clearly from the front so I suggested Miyoung to sit at the back with her.

 

 

 

 

As I drove away, the rain got heavier. It was hard to see clearly as the rain drops were hitting on my front direction, the wiper didn’t help that much either. I wanted to stop our car and waiting for the rain to slow down but we were on a two ways road without proper side road. I light on the hazard lamp, I was driving carefully as we were on the side of a big river and the road was quite narrow. I took a glance on the river and could see the rain made the stream went fast.

 

As I focused back at the road ahead of us, suddenly there was a bright light coming our way. I could hear Miyoung’s screaming behind me. I had to react fast to avoid crashing to that car so I slammed the wheel to our right.

We dodged the car but our car hit the road border. The front side of our car lifted and the impact threw our car straight to the river.

The force made me bang my head to the wheel. I could still hear Miyoung’s scream and Sunny’s cry.

 

The water filled our car very quick. I tried to open my door but it wouldn’t budge. My wound in my head didn’t help as it made me went dizzy.

“Miyoung, Sunny! Take a deep breath!!” I screamed at them right before the river swallowed our car.

I looked back at Miyoung and she couldn’t open the back door too.

 

I lifted my feet and started kicking the front window with all my strength. Out of nowhere Miyoung was already in front seat, she helped kicking the window with Sunny still in her arms.

I closed my eyes, gathering all my strength and kicked the window once again. It cracked!

Miyoung finished it with her kick and the front window loosen from it place. She looked back at me and I pushed her to come out first.

 

Once she out of the car completely I followed her, but my movement got held behind by my seatbelt.

My seatbelt was stuck.

I remembered I had knife in the picnic basket. I looked at the basket in back seat. I tried to reach it but I couldn’t.

I needed air.

I struggled once more with the seatbelt but it still wouldn’t budge.

Then I felt the air leaving my lungs. Everything went black.

 

 

Miyoung’s POV

 

I swam with all the strength I had left with Sunny in my arms. I had to keep both our head above the water. The stream was too strong, I couldn’t keep up with it. Then suddenly I feel someone pulled us to the river bank.

As we landed on the safe place I checked on Sunny first. Thanks God she was conscious although she was coughing and puking water. I wasn’t better than her.

I looked back at our savior, it was a man in his 40. He looked exhausted too.

Then I notice that Taeyeon wasn’t with us. I looked once again around us and still no Taeyeon. I felt my whole body went rigid. I looked at that man and shook his arm.

“Where’s Taeyeon??!”

“I a-am sorry m-miss, it was just the t-two of you.” He said still panting

 

I struggled to stand. I walked back to the river, my right foot already touching the cold water but I felt arms around my waist, preventing me to dive back in.

“N-no, let me go! I have to save Taeyeon!”

The man strengthen his embrace as I struggled harder.

“Miss, it’s too dangerous”

“NO! TAEYEON-AAAAHHHH!!”

 

I lost the strength on my foot I feel down to ground. I kept screaming Taeyeon’s name, hoping she magically appear out of water.

“Taetae.. don’t leave me please..”

 


Hi guys!

Please don’t kill me for not updating so long and once it happen I make this accident.

Anyway, don’t forget to comment and upvote!

I love reading comment so feel free to rant

 

Barney’s out