1. A Nice Deal

Rival=Cupid

 

Chapter 1: A Nice Deal

 

She saw Mariya running toward her, in a flash, mariya grabbed her arm, dragged her to the empty hall and cornered her to the wall. She looks fierced. Mariya and Aki never been really friendly to each other. They were rivals, that was what Mariya claimed. Aki? Never really care what it was between them. Mariya’s bussiness, nothing to do with her. So this is really weird. Mariya never been like this before.

“Amano, i need you to do something.” Mariya suddenly started to explain.

“ What?” Aki was surprised, and curious.

“There’s a boy i want you to take care of.” Mariya continue with vague sentenced.

 “Mariya, sleep talk only when you’re sleeping. I gotta go now.” Aki just blinking with confusion before concluding Mariya is having her sleeptalk.

She was about get away, but Mariya stopped her.

“ I know you’re looking for a sponsor for your project  back in Iwate. I will solve your sponsor problem if you do what i say. Mariya smirking.

“No.. tha..” Aki was interrupted.

“I give you 2 days, think carefully. If you agree, considered your problem is solved right away.” Mariya cut Aki’s refusing attempt.

With that, Mariya left Aki. Aki frown and gritted her teeth.

“Always acted all high and mighty! Who does she think she is?!”.

 

That night, Aki carefully considering Mariya’s offer. Mariya comes from a wealthy family. Her father run a bussiness in pharmaceutical supply, while her mother own a chain of famous salon and beauty parlour. Aki once met Mariya’s mother when she come to school. Indeed she’s a beautiful and classy lady. Which explain where Mariya got the looks from. Aki know how solving her problem is easy to Mariya. She only need to asked her father to give an amount of money for Aki’s project, which is 99% going to succeed.

Beep..beep...beep..!!  Incoming call from Aki’s phone snapped her back to reality.

“Moshi moshi.. Natsu bappa!” Aki excitedly answered the call from her grandmother.

“Aki! How are you?” Natsu bappa asked.

“Very good! How about Natsu bappa?” Somehow Aki could hear a faint cough from the other side.

“ Very good too. Ne, Aki, Yayoi and the others are missing you, they keep bugging me asking when will you come back here.”

“Um, i miss everyone too..I’ll be back around the mid or end of summer, and we’ll run Ama Cafe again ne Natsu bappa!”

“Urm, you know Aki, Ama Cafe is still not improving. It’s been 3 months since the tsunami, but we just cannot afford to fix it. So it’s okay, just take your time, just some back whenever you feel like coming” Natsu bappa carefully said to avoid worrying her only grandchild.

“I’m sorry bappa, i never do anything to help rebuild Ama Cafe.” Aki sounds really sad.

“ Aki! Aki! cheer up. We’ll do what we can for now. It’s not for you to worry about such thing.” Suddenly Yayoi-san's voice took over from the other side.

 Then Aki can hear other voices keep on cheering her up, telling her it's okay, and do not rush things. She was moved. After that Natsu bappa return to the phone.

“Bappa, please wear something thick. I know it’s still cold even though it’s near summer. Make sure you wrap yourself well when going out okay.”

“Aki, stop worrying too much about me. I’m still very strong you know.” Natsu bappa sounds proud with her word, at the same time she let out small chuckle. Aki can imagine her grandmother held up a fist in the air while saying that.

After a while, they say good bye and cut off the line. That night, Aki was confirmed on her answer to Mariya’s offer.

 

***

She’s looking at the boy on the bed. His body did not move, eyes were covered. Seems like he is sleeping. His left leg was bandaged in cast. While looking at him, Aki recalled her conversation with Mariya the other day.

“So what is this boy you want me to take care of all about?” Aki asked.

“He is a son to my father’s acquantaince. He was unfortunately involved in a car crashed 2 weeks ago, and now is warded in the hospital. So you need to go there and accompany him” Mariya begin her explanation.

“Why is the a need to comeone else to accompany him? I mean, where is his family?” Aki was curious.

“They are living in other country. He lived by his own in Japan, and his mother already passed away, leaving him only his father and a brother. His father come to japan every week since he was admitted. He stays with him for a whole week on the first week he’s in the hospital. But now he’s away for his work already.”

“Poor boy..”  Aki muttered.

“Yeah, poor boy. His father is so worried about him. When he told my father about that, my father carelessly offering me to help the boy. Well, it’s not really carelessness actually.” Mariya frown saying that.

“Eh, what do you mean? Then why you’re so reluctant to help him out?”

“My father had his own plan. He is trying to match making me with his friend’s son.”

“Wait, i thought he’s just a boy?” Aki asked

“Ara, i haven’t told you? He is our age. Anyway, you know i won’t go with my father’s plan right. You are aware i’m dating Ryosuke now aren’t you? But i cannot say ‘no’ about his plan straight to his face, i always an obedient  daughter to him.” Mariya making sense out of her lenghty words.

“EHH?!!?. Our age?!” Aki was surprised.

 By the way, starting now, whenever you’re with him, you are Mariya, not Aki. Got it?” all of sudden, Mariya turn back to her usual self. Bossy. This had left Aki speechless.

Aki recalled Natsu bappa called her this morning telling her someone giving fund to rebuild Ama Cafe. She knew it, Mariya is a lady with her words, she’ll do what she say. Not to mentioned it’s fast. Aki knew she make it really quickly so that she can never back off from the deal.

“Nakajima Yuto, with fracture and blind.” Aki muttered.

 

-to be continue-

 

It's Aki and Yuto again! I just love this two. To be honest, i haven't finish writing this story. I just feels excited to put it up fast. It's hard to write, more when i'm not a writer. Maybe this series will be a short series. I was stressed over my study, that's why i come out with this story. Will think on how to continue this story. This is a gamble. I really need to finish this no matter what. It may take a while. There'll be no update for the whole week. Hopefully i can get good connection very soon.

Sorry for grammatical error, and typos. I know it is annoying, so sorry.

I would appreciate it if you read and leave a comment. 

I do not own any character. If there's similarities in the plot, then it must be a coincidence.