Eight

The Only Exception

(Jin Woo's POV)

I stood at a corner of the crowded room, observing my dongsaengs. Min Ho and Seung Hoon was busy flirting with Ha Yi, Seung Yoon was chatting with Chan Hyuk and Soo Hyun while Tae Hyun was drinking at the table. All of them has something to do while I was just moping around the room. I admit, I'm socially awkward.

"Yo, how's it going?" Ji Yong hyung suddenly came up to me and greeted. I was taken aback by his smack on my shoulder and almost jumped. 

'Ne... hyung... hi, how are you?" I stuttered and smiled goofily. 

"I'm great, how are you?" 

"I'm great too." He suddenly dragged me into the middle of the room.

"Guys, this is the guy that has the best compatability with me in YG! It's not you, Young Bae! Ha!" he shouted, earning cheers. Hyung looked drunk, and I was convinced he was from his slurred speech and awkward movements. 

"Yah, you little rascal, I thought I was your best friend?" Young Bae hyung yelled from the couch. They started arguing amongst themselves and I was caught in the middle of their heated exchange, not knowing what to do. 

"Hyung, excuse me," I bowed politely, determined to get myself out of this uber awkard situation. However, he pulled me back to him and put his arm around my shoulder.

"Where are you going? Let's get some drinks!" he exclaimed and bent down to pour me a glass of soju, then forced it into my hands. I stared at it in disgust, reluctant to drink it. I had a strong dislike for alchohol. I could get drunk just by downing one glass of an alchoholic beverage, and drunk Kim Jin Woo isn't a pretty sight. "What are you doing? Drink it!" he urged me and I gulped down a mouth of saliva. 

"Hyung, you're drunk," I tried changing the topic, "excuse me please." I tried to put the glass down, but he shoved it back into my hands and sniggered.

"You're such a wimp! If you want to be my soulmate, you have to drink this!" he raised his own glass of vodka, waiting for me to make a toast with him. I glanced down at the colourless liquid and sighed, putting it close to my mouth.


(Ha Na's POV)

I walked into the room, music blasting from all directions and it reeked of alchohol, alchohol and more alchohol. If it wasn't sajang who personally invited me to the gathering, I would never have stepped foot into this damned place. Just the smell of alchohol maked me want to puke. Furthermore, I felt so insecure in the too-tight spaghetti dress I was forced to wear. The killer heels on my feet were really killing me too. Seriously, who came up with such outrageous clothing? I'd rather much wear a tee and jeans than this skimpy outfit. Ugh. 

Somebody tapped me on the shoulder, and I turned back, only to face Ha Yi and Soo Hyun. "Ha Na! We totally didn't expect you to be here!" they pulled me into a tight hug and my lips curled up into a huge smile at the sight of them. 

"Gosh, I was forced here. And looked at what I had to wear, it's against my morales!" Ha Yi whispered into my ears. careful not to let the seniors hear her. I looked at her from head to toe. Her face was caked with makeup, and she was wearing a tube dress that barely covered her crotch area. I shook my head while laughing. 

"I'm nowhere better," I said. We started teasing each other of our clothing, and decided that Soo Hyun's was the worst with her mesh shirt and leggings. 

"Where are you going? Let's get some drinks!" I heard Ji Yong sunbae shouting from the middle of the room. I turned my attention towards him and saw the guy, the guy that I was trying to avoid, the guy that thought he had the damn rights to delete my photos. He was holding onto a glass of what looked like soju, and he was staring at it, as if reluctant to drink it. I rolled my eyes. What a wimp. After five seconds, the glass of soju was still in his hands. Ji Yong sunbae was starting to get impatient. "What are you doing. Drink it!" Still he continued hesitating. 

"Hyung, you're drunk. Excuse me please," he retreated like a coward. What a contrast from that night. I rolled my eyes again, unable to believe what I had seen. I continued watching them.

Ji Yong sunbae did not budge. He shoved the glass back into his hands and scowled, "You're such a wimp! If you want to be my soulmate, you have to drink this!" He raised his glass, waiting for a toast. That jerk never looked so pathetic with his trembling hands and quivering lips as he slowly raised his glass. I had enough of this. 

I stomped over to them, my heels making a ruckus aginst the marble floor, then snatched the glass from the jerk and gulped down the soju. I slammed the glass on the table harder than I intended. Jerk was staring at me in disbelief while Ji Yong sunbae's mouth was hanging. "Ha... Ha Na..." jerk called my name softly. 

"What?" I snapped. 

"Tha-thanks," he mumbled, looking at me as if I was his life savior. 

"Ha Na, what was that for?" Ji Yong sunbae said, still looking at me with an expression I could not read. 

"I'm sorry, but my Jin Woo doesn't drink." Hold on, did I just call him my Jin Woo? Omo, what's wrong with me? I slapped myself mentally, wishing that I could just crawl up into a hole and repent over my mistake for a thousand years. 

"Did you just call him your Jin Woo? Are you two secretly dating? Omo, yeorobun, they're dating!" Ji Yong sunbae shrieked excitedly.

"No, it's not like this, please-" my voice was drowned in the cheers and shouts that were coming from everyone in the room. I ruffled my hair in frustration. 

"Whoa, a new YG couple! But family should not date each other!" A voice I recognised as Dara unnie's squealed. 

"Aren't we dating Dara aegi, what are you saying?" Ji Yong sunbae planted a kiss on her lips, earning a series of oohs and ahhs. I wanted to cry. 

"Unnie, why didn't you tell me earlier! I thought we were friends." Even Soo Hyun teased me and I sent her a death glare. Don't even start with this, Lee Soo Hyun. She just shrugged and laughed. 

I suddenly felt a pair of hands wrapping my waist and almost shrieked. I turned to face a smirking jerk. "So you've forgiven me, huh? And you even want to make me yours. Bad, bad girl," he whispered. I had the strongest urge to slap that smirk off his face but controlled myself. Breathe in, breathe out. 

"Who says I've forgiven you? Don't be so full of yourself, it was just a slip of the tongue." 

"I'll show you what's a slip of the tongue." His lips crashed into mine and I yelped. The is this guy trying to do?

He wrapped me in a tight hug and continued smashing his lips against mine. I tried to push him away, but his grip on me was too strong that I could only succumb to him. He kissed me so passionately, trying to get me to kiss him back. I almost did. I almost gave in. However, his face suddenly appeared in my mind, giving me a hurt look. 

"Don't do this to oppa," he mouthed. 

Jong Su. Jong Su. Jong Su. 

That jerk me, begging for entrance, and I clamped down on his tongue. Hard. "Back off, bastard!" I screamed and took off, tears flooding my eyes. I'm sorry, I almost betrayed you Jong Su. I flagged down a cab, wave after wave of sobs hitting me.

That jerk just crossed every boundary between us, and to think I almost gave in to that bastard. I cried harder. My phone rang continuously. It must be him. I ignored it. 

"Miss, do you want to pick up your phone?" the driver said, the incessant ringing getting on his nerves. I wiped my tears and sighed before picking up my phone. 

"You have 11 missed calls." My phone rang again. 

"What the do you want?" I screamed into the phone, my tears free-falling once again. 

"Hey, I'm sorry, I shouldn't have..."

"Don't talk to me, you son of a..." I stopped myself. "I HATE YOU, I ING HATE YOU!" I almost hung up when his next sentence make me freeze.

"If you hate me, why did you even drink that glass of soju?" 

Why?

Why did I drink that glass of soju? I asked myself. My mind drifted back to every single moment spent with him.

How he saved me from the rooftop, thinking I was commiting suicide. How he hugged me when asking me to be his fake girlfriend. How he held me, how he looked at me, how he made me believe that everything was real. How he comforted me, how he poured his heart out to me. How he was so determined to make me forget about my past. 

"Why, you ask me?"

"Yeah, why?" 

He touched a part of my heart that was locked ever since Jong Su's death. He made me feel loved. He made my heart race. He made me feel nervous talking to him. He made me feel that I was betraying Jong Su. 

"Because I think I like you, Kim Jin Woo."


*note: Sorry for the false update just now, I was messing around with the editor and accidentally unchecked the 'hide chapter' button. (again) Sometimes I'm such a pabo. Hope you liked this chapter! I'll update soon ^^

Stay tuned  ~