Four

The Only Exception

(Ha Na's POV)

It was a Sunday morning, and I stretched lazily in my bed, not wanting to get up. I only had four hours of sleep everyday this week, and I wanted to catch up on my sleep so badly. But a deal was a deal; it was my turn to make breakfast this week. It's a tradition between Zoe and I. Each of us has to make breakfast every alternate week. 

I finally got out of bed and shuffled to the kitchen. I opened the fridge and looked at the ingredients. I decided to cook French toast and make some hot chocolate. I took out eggs, milk and started cooking. I heard footsteps and turned back to find Zoe sitting on the sofa, a plush toy in her hand. 

"Why don't you go to sleep?" I asked her, "I'll call you when breakfast is ready."

"The smell woke me up," she rubbed her eyes sleepily. I smiled. 

"It'll be ready soon. Could you help me set up the table?" 

"Sure." She dragged her feet and slowly placed the cutlery on the table. 

"Thank you darling." The breakfast was done just in time and I poured the hot chocolate into two cups, gesturing for her to place them on the table. 

We sat down and started digging into the breakfast. "How's it?" 

"Really good, you're a good cook unnie," she beamed and I laughed. 

"Thank you." Suddenly, my phone rang and I ran to get it. 

"Fake boyfriend" was calling. I rolled my eyes and picked up the call. 

"What took you so long? Were you sleeping? I'm sorry if I woke you up." He was sounding like a boyfriend, like my boyfriend. 

"I was having my breakfast. Why are you calling?" 

"Ah, mind going out on a date with me?" I could hear the eagerness in his voice. 

"Where?" 

"Gyeongbokgung." 

"Why do you want to go there?"

"You'll see. So is it a yes or a no?" 

"How can I reject you?" 

"That's my girl. I'll meet you at the entrance of your apartment." 

"How do you know where's my apartment?" 

"That's for you to tell me." I laughed and gave him my address. 

"See you soon, and dress nicely!"

"Arasseo, see you." 

Thirty minutes later, I found myself at the gates of my apartment, patiently waiting for him. He wasn't late, in fact I was ten minutes early. But I had to get out of the house to avoid Zoe's endless questions. 

"Unnie, where are you going?"

"Is it with a guy? Ah unnie, you have a boyfriend!" 

"Is he handsome? What is his occupation? How old is he? What's his name?"

I chuckled softly, and adjusted my shades. The wind blew against me, and I shivered slightly. Grr, should I go back to take a scarf? 

Just then, a strong pair of arms wrapped around my waist. "Annyeong girlfriend," he purred into my ears. 

"Jin Woo," I smiled at him, "annyeong." 

"Let's go," he took my hand and locked it with his own. He was wearing a full disguise, with a scarf, shades and even a mask. 

"I rented a car," he took me to the parking lot, "get in." 

I climbed into the white Mercedes and took off my shades. "Is there a need for this?" I said, pointing to his disguise. 

"I'm part of WINNER, if you can't remember." He started the engine. 

"Please, I don't even think you're that popular," I scowled and rolled my eyes, looking into the side mirror to touch up on my makeup. 

"Then you've underestimated us." He just drove out of the lot when there was a loud honk, and the car jerked forward, causing me to draw a pink line across my cheeks. 

"Yah! Do you know how to drive? Look what you've done to me," I took out my makeup removing stick to wipe away that hideous mark and reapplied my lip gloss. 

"Sorry, I just got my driving license two weeks ago," he concentrated on the road and his forehead creased. 

"Do you even know the way there?" I crossed my arms and leaned back. 

"Yes I do, madam." 

"I am not your madam!" 

"Whatever you say jagi." He sneaked a peck on my checks and I flushed. He laughed when he saw my reddened cheeks. 

"Looks like someone was a little too heavy on her blush." 

"Kim Jin Woo!" I hit his arm repeatedly, "Being my fake boyfriend doesn't mean you can sneak kisses!" 

"Stop, I'm driving." I huffed and settled down in my seat once again. 

"Pabo," I muttered under my breath. Somehow, I felt comfortable around him. 

"What?"

"Nothing, just drive," I closed my eyes. Even though we didn't talk, I was not feeling awkward at all. Weird. The soft music in the background helped fill in the silence. 

"Hey, we're here," he nudged me gently on the elbow. I rubbed my eyes. 

"Oh, I fell asleep?" I stretched my rigid limbs and let out a moan. 

"Yeah, let's go," he unlocked the car doors. I put on my shades and stepped out of the vehicle. The sunlight was glaring. Thank god for my shades. 

"It's really hot, you should take out your mask," I tugged at it but he shook his head. 

"No, I can't risk being seen." He took out a few bags of food and we headed to Gyeongbokgung, arms linked. 

"Why are you bringing me to Gyeongbokgung?" I asked. 

"She's here."

"What?" 

"Mi Hyun's here. She's filming something, and one of my actor friends told me about it." 

Oh yes, I almost forgot. I'm here on a fake date, to piss his ex-girlfriend off and make her jealous. I'm here to help Mr. Devoted get his girlfriend back. Gosh, why did I even agree to help him? I rolled my eyes and loosened my grip on his hand.

"So I'm supposed to act all lovey-dovey when we're there?" my voice was filled with disgust. 

"You can say so." 

"Lovey-dovey, ok, I definitely can do it, Jin Woo baby," sarcasm was dripping from my words, and I almost gagged when I called him Jin Woo baby. 

"Great, thanks jagi." We entered the palace and after he showed the person at the ticket counter a pass, they let us in. 

We strolled around the place for a while, and damn, it was huge. I've never been to Gyeongbokgung before, and I was definitely amazed at everything I saw. He probably noticed my slightly gaping mouth. 

"You've never been here before, huh?" I nodded and took a few more pictures before keeping my phone. 

"Let's go." He took my arm again and led me somewhere. True enough, there was a filming crew, and it looked as if they were filming a CF. 

"Annyeonghasaeyo, Kim Jin Woo here," Jin Woo started bowing to the staff there and I did the same too, a smile plastered onto my face. His eyes were glancing around the set. 

"Here, I bought some food, please take it," he handed them the bags of food and they thanked him profusely. 

"You're a lifesaver, Jin Woo-ssi!"

"Thank you so much, you're the best!" Praises came from all directions. 

"Jin Woo!" a handsome man appeared out of nowhere. It was Seo In Guk. 

"Hyung!" Jin Woo ran towards him and they patted each other's back. I felt awkward and stood there, not knowing what to do. 

"Who's that pretty lady there, your girlfriend?" he was referring to me and I smiled. 

"Nice to meet you Seo In Guk-ssi," we shook hands. 

Jin Woo came over and put his hands around my waist. "She's mine." 

"And I'm his," I giggled, playing along with him. Here's lovey-dovey for you, Kim Jin Woo. 

"Aigoo, young people nowadays. But you two look really compatible together, I'm totally shipping you," he winked. I laughed at his ship reference. 

"Seo In Guk-ssi, you're not that old either," I joked and he laughed. 

"Your girlfriend's a keeper Jin Woo, cherish her. And call me In Guk oppa instead. I have to go now, see you later!" he waved and we waved back. 

"Jin Woo, why are you here?" a female voice came from behind. Both of us turned back at the same time. 

She was beautiful, stunning. She was in a traditional hanbok, and she looked really good in it. 

"Mi Hyun..." So this is Jin Woo's ex-girlfriend? I could see why he fancies her. She's really model material. 

"Why are you here?" she asked again. 

"I came to see hyung, I didn't know you would be here too." I rolled my eyes for the nth time in the day. Kim Jin Woo, you're a blatant liar. 

She turned her attention to me. "And you are..." 

"Yoon Ha Na, nice to meet you," I put on a smile and shook hands with her. 

"You're Jin Woo's girlfriend?" I nodded, still smiling at her. Take that. 

"Oh." She was at a loss for words. Suddenly, there was an awkward silence. 

"Oppa, I'm hungry, let's go get some food, shall we?" I tugged at his arm, waking him up from his daze. 

"Oh, ok, food," he smiled at me and we went to the snack table. 

"Gosh, your girlfriend's a stunner. I feel worthless next to her," I said as I took some food and stuffed them into my mouth. 

"I know, right. But you're not worthless." 

I blushed at his compliment. Geez, I should really stop blushing. Why am I even blushing? 

"I need to go to washroom, wait for me here." He rushed off. 

"Hey," it was her again. I took off my shades out of respect. 

"Hey there," I smiled at her, "want some?" I gestured to the food. She shook her head. 

"No thanks, I'm on a diet." Models

"I just want to talk to you about Jin Woo." I pretended to widen my eyes at his name. 

"Jin Woo? Why?" 

"Are you really sure you can cope with all the attention he's getting? I mean, like, he's part of WINNER." 

"Sure, why not? I'll be dealing with attention soon too, hopefully." 

"Why?" 

"I'm a full-time trainee at YG." 

"Oh." 

"Jin Woo's a really nice guy, you can't hurt him." I rolled my eyes mentally. If he was nice, why would you dump him? . 

"I know, he's really really nice. He's like the perfect guy," I smiled dreamily, "and I will never hurt him." Unlike you. 

"Yeah, yeah he is." She looked sad and forlorn, but I chose to ignore it.

"Ha Na, let's go!" Jin Woo was calling me. I stood up and bowed to her. 

"It was nice meeting you Mi Hyun. Annyeong!" 

I turned around, and I saw her still sitting on the bench. Her eyes were downcast, and she was on the verge of tears. She looked so lonely. I almost pitied her. 

"What you looking at?" Jin Woo asked. 

"No... nothing," I kissed his cheeks to shut him up, "I love you." 

"I know, right?"


*note: Yeorobun, I'm back! Actually, I have three more papers, but I really wanted to update this story, so here's another chapter. I missed this story so badly T^T 

I'll try to update ASAP, but I'm currently working on the sequel for 'Unknown', my other story. It'll be soon, but not that soon.  Hopefully I'll be able to write more during the holidays, which is like half a month away .*squeals*

Stay tuned ~