Epilogue

The Only Exception

If you truly love someone, let them go...

...if they return, then you know they truly love you too.

~*~

Jinwoo fiddled with the buttons on his shirt as he sat on the sofa, surrounded by four other men who were equally impatient. Mino was playing games on the computer, much to Seungyoon's displeasure. Seunghoon was admiring pictures of his beloved Ihee on his phone while Taehyun napped at the corner of the room, his fedora covering half of his face. Jinwoo sniggered to himself as he watched drool escape from Taehyun's agape mouth, trickling down his chin. 

Nothing much changed between the five of them but they were no longer rookies. Three years into their careers, they were considered the new It Group in K-pop. Their faces were plastered all over billboards and Winner was a household name. CF shootings and music shows filled their schedules. However, no matter how busy Jinwoo was, he had always felt an empty spot in his heart; an empty spot that could only be filled by one person.

And he had pushed that person away with his insensitivity and insecurities. 

Guilt consumed him ever since he stepped out of the door of the ward three years ago. Hearing her say those words made him feel like a jerk, the biggest jerk ever. He wanted to turn back and apologise so badly. He wanted to wrap her in his arms and tell her that he had made the biggest mistake ever. His biggest mistake was letting her go.

He found herself thinking of her every waking moment, her face appearing in his mind every now and then. He kept himself busy, slogging his guts out and working at an unhealthy amount so that he would not be able to think of her. His lyrics were filled with sorrow. The harder he tried to forget her, the more he longed for her.

He took out his phone, the lock screen still the same as three years ago. He missed that smile on her face so much. Until when would he be able to see it again?

Probably never, he smiled sadly to himself. 

"Thinking about her again?" Taehyun, who had just woke up, creeped up to him and asked.

"As always," he replied with a small shake of his head. "I can't get her out of my mind."

Taehyun patted his shoulder. "Have faith, hyung. You'll meet someday."

Jinwoo looked at the date and creased his brows, letting out a sigh. "I doubt so. It's been nearly three years. And I doubt she'll ever forgive me. I mean, who would?" He sighed again.

"Why is she taking so long?" Mino grumbled and cursed at the computer after losing the game. 

They were waiting for the producer of their new album. Mr. Yang refused to tell them who she was, saying that it would be a surprise. The time read half-past one. She was thirty minutes late. 

Five minutes later, the door to the studio clicked open.

"Sorry, the traffic was bad!"

Jinwoo froze. 

"I'm really sorry, I bought some snacks as an apology." 

She sounded too familiar.

"Please forgive me."

All five of them spun around to face the owner of the chirpy voice. Jinwoo's eyes widened. His phone landed on the sofa with a soft thud. 

Her eyes twinkled with excitement. "Nice to meet you, I'm Yoon Ha Na."

His eyes landed on the sparkling ring on her finger. 

 

Note: This marks the end of The Only Exception. Sorry for taking such a long time to write this very short epilogue. I had planned a different ending but halfway through I deleted everything because it made no sense to me >< There will (most likely) be no sequel, not that I plan of. Whatever that happens after this will be up to your imagination ;) 

Once again, thank you so much for reading my story and for subscribing to me (if you already are) ^^ A huge thank you to all of you who took the effort to upvote too! /90 degree bow/ To those who commented, thank you sosososososo much too. Without you, I would not have the encouragement and courage to continue this story. Thank you from the bottom of my heart x100!

I hope you liked this story as much as I loved writing it :) 'Til next time!