Thirteen

The Only Exception

(Ha Na's POV)

He rushed towards me and collided into my arms, laughing so loudly I had to shush him. The grin on his face was so wide that I couldn't help but grin along with him. "We did it, we did it!" he yelled and I nodded, giving him a kiss. 

"I'm so proud of you," I said sincerely as I took his hand and made our way towards the dressing room together with the WINNER members. They had bright smiles on their faces and I spotted something shiny in Seungyoon's hands- their trophy. I was so, so proud of them. They won on a music show in less than a week after their debut.

"You guys were great, congratulations!" I beamed and bowed to them. They chuckled and waved it off. 

"One day, it'll be your turn," Mino said and I smiled. 

"You flatter me."

I felt a strong gaze and turned around to see Taehyun looking at me. We hadn't spoke since that day. I was being a total coward by avoiding him and now that I am a couple with Jinwoo, I did not want to talk about that night anymore although I knew Taehyun thought otherwise. Let bygones be bygones. As unfaithful as I sound, but I don't plan on telling Jinwoo about it too. I don't want to ruin our relationship any further. We went through enough and now that we are finally an item, I don't want anything to come between us.

However, he stood up and started walking towards me. I shut my eyes and turned my attention back to Jinwoo. "Can we go now? I'm feeling a little unwell," I lied and pouted a little. He pinched my cheeks. 

"Are you okay? Let's go home then."

Right at that moment, I felt a tug on my hand and cursed silently. "Ha Na," he said softly. Jinwoo was surprised by his interference.

"Maknae, what are you doing?" he asked and eyed the younger one suspiciously.

"I have to talk to her hyung. If you would excuse us," he dragged me away and I turned back to look at Jinwoo assuringly although my heart was thumping against my ribcage. Jinwoo only looked at me with a confused look, his eyes wider than usual. 

His grip on me was tight and it started to hurt. I could feel a mark forming on my wrist and tried to break free. "You can let go now," I said but he ignored me. I huffed in annoyance.

"Didn't you hear me? Please let go, it hurts!" I cried and he finally broke his grip on my wrist. I rubbed it gently and glared at him. He had brought me to the rooftop of the building. The wind was howling and I shuddered. It was bone-chilling.

"Have you told him about it?" he broke the silence between us. I shook my head and he sighed.

"I guessed so. Don't worry, I'm not here to create trouble for the both of you. I just want you to forgot that it happened, alright?" he said in a more gentle tone. I nodded meekly, still refusing to speak. 

"I'm sorry I did that to you. I was really drunk. I'm very sorry that I took your innocence away. I know it belongs to Jinwoo hyung and I-I'm awfully sorry," he bowed and hung his head low in shame. I was caught by surprise by his apology and was at a loss for words. 

"Don't... don't be. We were not in the right mind, it's not your fault," I quickly pulled him up and looked him in the eye. It was glistening and it seemed as if he was tearing. "Why are you crying?"

He wiped his eyes. "I'm a disgrace. I actually took your ity, I'm sorry." He bowed continuously.

"Get up, it's not your fault. I don't blame you," I repeated over and over again. 

"Please forgive me noona. Please forgive me."

"I forgive you! Stop bowing, damn it."

"Sorry..."

"One more apology and I'm really going to be angry," I threatened him by pretending to be annoyed and he immediately stopped. I smiled and ruffled his hair. "I don't blame you, really. Get going."

"Goodbye noona. Forget about that night, okay?"

I nodded and gestured for him to leave. I stood at the edge of the roof and stared into the faraway buildings, thinking about everything that happened in the past few months. People came and people went. I gained and I also lost. I thought of Mi Yul.

How are you? Jinwoo and I are doing well, don't worry.

Her kind smile appeared in my mind and honestly, I missed her. Her stay in my life was brief but made an impact on me. 

Suddenly, I heard the door open and angry footsteps followed. I spun around in shock, only to face a fuming Jinwoo. "What did Nam Taehyun do to you?" I widened my eyes in shock and realisation dawned upon me. He overheard our conversation. The expression on his face was frightening and I had never seen him so angry before. He was livid and it scared me. 

"He... he didn't do anything." I covered my eyes to hide the tears that were threatening to overflow from my eyes.

"Don't lie! What did that bastard do to you?"

"Calm down please Jinwoo, you're scaring me..."

"Tell me!" he grabbed my arms and shook me. "Did he you?" I shook my head profusely, the tears streaming down my cheeks. He was screaming and I was frightened. 

"We were drunk and... we slept together. It isn't what you think, we only did it once. I don't like him in that way, please believe me Jinwoo," I pleaded with him. However, he only got angrier and tightened his fist until I could see his veins protruding.

"You were going to hide it from me if I didn't find out? Do you even treat me as your boyfriend, Yoon Ha Na?" he said coldly and stomped out of the rooftop, leaving me crying and shaking in the wind. 


(Jinwoo's POV)

I slammed the door, my blood boiling with rage. I had to sort things out with Nam Taehyun. Who gave him the ing rights to sleep with my girl? I pushed open the doors to find him packing his bag. I shoved him to the floor and he let out a cry of pain. "Hyung!" Seunghoon came forward to stop me before I landed a blow on his face. 

The other members came rushing towards us. "Yah, what's going on?" Seungyoon asked. I glared at the man laying on the floor and if looks could kill, he wouldn't be breathing. 

"This bastard slept with Ha Na! He slept with my girlfriend!" I shouted and was ready to throw a punch at him. Mino and Seunghoon restrained me and I growled at him. A look of shock registered on their faces. 

"Nam Taehyun, why would you do that?" Mino raised his brows and the coward looked down, unable to look at him in the eyes. I snarled. 

"Go on, go on and tell us a pathetic excuse."

"It... it wasn't on purpose. We were drunk," he finally spoke after a few seconds of silence. I rolled my eyes and clenched my fist.

"So you took advantage of her? Being drunk isn't a ing excuse Nam Taehyun! I ing despise you!" I spat. The other members nodded in agreement. Just then, there was a new presence at the door and without looking, I already knew who it was.

"Jinwoo, I'm... I'm sorry," she whispered and made her way towards me. Her mascara was running and her nose was red from crying. Seeing her in this state made me want to hug her and tell her that it was okay, but my pride told me otherwise. I looked away and crossed my arms.

"Get away from me."

She inched towards me, reaching out to touch me but I turned away from her. There was a crestfallen look on her face and it pained me to see her this way. A damp spot appeared on the wooden floor and I realised that it was her tears. "I'm sorry..." her voice was trembling.

I gathered up the remaining anger in me and mumbled loud enough for her to hear me. "Get the out of here. I don't want to see your face." She stifled a sob and looked at me, her eyes full of hurt. However, she nodded and backed away. 

"If that's what you want," she said and left. I watched as she walked away into the corridor and had the strongest urge to chase after her but chose to stay put. Taehyun took the chance to leave the room. 

"Don't worry, I'm not chasing after her," he gave us a small, sad smile and walked off too. I slumped my shoulders and let out a shaky sigh. 

"Hyung, that was harsh," Seungyoon said and I shrugged. 

Why do we have to go through so much ? 

I spent the whole night tossing and turning in my bed. The look on her face lingered in my mind and I regretted not going after her. She must have been so hurt and I slapped myself for being such a jerk. I contemplated whether to call her. Finally giving in to myself, I was about to pick up my phone when it rang. Expecting to see her face on the screen, I rushed to get it. However, it was an unknown number. I sighed and picked up the call.

"Hello, is this Kim Jinwoo-ssi?" 

"Yes, how may I help you?"

"This is the Seoul National University Hospital. We are calling to inform you that Yoon Ha Na has been involved with a car accident and is currently in a critical condition."

I dropped the phone onto the bed. Countless questions raced through my mind.

How is she? What happened? Why did I let her go? 

If anything happens to her, I will never forgive myself, never.

 

Note: I'm back! Thank you for all the wonderful comments and I would like to say 'hello' to the new subscribers :) Do comment on what you feel about this chapter and this story, I would very much appreciate that!

I'm soooo proud of WINNER for winning 4 times, they really are monster rookies. They even managed to beat Taemin! (not trying to bash Taemin, in fact I love his new song 'Ace')

After this chapter, I may be updating one more chapter before I go on a hiatus because my finals are coming and I really have to study. If time permits, I'll update two more chapters for you readers, deal? :)

Stay tuned ~