Seven

Doll House

and here's the double update. woo

 

      Jongin, after rummaging around his whole room to come up empty, remembers that he had attempted to work on some homework while he was at Sehun's and left it over there. He's about ready to climb out and over until he notices the lights are off. Letting out a frustrated noise, he grabs a jacket and walks over to his house and retrieve the book and papers needed.

 

     His grandmother answers and she smiles at Jongin.

 

     “Is Sehun here?” he asks. She shakes her head.

 

     “He said he was going to a friend's house, something like that. I figured he'd be back by now, though,” she says, watching as the darkness falls on the neighborhood. Jongin frowns and asks what friend's house.

 

 

     When he reaches the address, more than well aware that this is not a friend's house, but a club, he walks inside. He's expecting a security guard to stop him, but they don't and he's surprised that they're not more strict on minors entering and leaving. He guesses if it gives them business, then they'll do whatever.

 

     It takes him a few minutes to find Sehun. The club is small, but it's filled with people dancing, smoking, and drinking. He almost gags at the smell.

 

     “Sehun!” he calls out, grabbing his arm. He pulls Sehun around and his eyes are twitching, but there's a big smile on his face.

 

     “Jongin!” he says cheerfully, wrapping his arm around Jongin's neck. He pulls him over to the bar and says something to the bartender that Jongin doesn't catch. “I'm so happy you're here,” he coughs into his hand, “this place is amazing. You can get anything you want here. Jesus, it's so great here.”

 

     Jongin arches one of his eyebrows and pries Sehun off of him. “Are you okay?” he asks. Sehun looks at him oddly and nods.

 

     “I'm more than okay man, I'm fan-ing-tastic. You should get some of this stuff.”

 

     Jongin assumes that the stuff Sehun is referring to in not legal, so he shakes his head. “What are you doing here? You're grandmother is worried about you,” he yells over the booming music and laughing customers.

 

     “I'm having fun! Isn't that what you told me to do?”

 

     “Not like this.”

 

     Sehun frowns and takes the two glasses from the bartender, handing one to Jongin.

 

     “Relax man. You're so uptight. You have to let loose and see just how much fun life can be without rules.”

 

     Against Jongin's better judgment, he listens. Sehun hands him drink after drink, joints and cigarettes every time he turns around, and dances with him for what feels like forever. The next time he actually thinks and gains control of his head and actions is when he feels a buzzing in his pants. He pulls out his phone and answers it.

 

     “Hullo?” he asks.

 

     “Jongin?”

 

     Jongin sobers up quickly. It's Kyungsoo and his voice sounds worried and pissed.

 

     “Soo?”

 

     “Where the hell are you?” he asks. Jongin looks around him and he wishes he could answer that question.

 

     “Uhh, somewhere,” he replies back and wants to smack himself.

 

     “Som-are you at a club?” he asks and Jongin swallows hard.

 

     “Maybe? I kind of lost track a while ago.”

 

     Kyungsoo is silent for a minute until he speaks up again, this time sounding considerably annoyed. “Are you with Sehun?”

 

     Jongin looks around him and catches Sehun who is grinding against some stranger. “Yeah.”

 

     He hears Kyungsoo utter a few profanities under his breath. “Do you know what time it is?”

 

     “Not really.”

 

     “Do you know what day it is?”

 

     “N-not really.”

 

     “Do you know where you're supposed to be right now?”

 

     Jongin stops because yes, he now remembers where he's supposed to be right now. Or, three hours ago to be exact. He pushes through the crowd of people and finds his way outside to where it's more quiet.

 

     “, Soo, I'm so sorry,” he apologizes. “I came looking for Sehun and then I just got carried away, I'm so sorry.”

 

     Kyungsoo lets out a long sigh. “I just.....you've been hanging out with him a lot lately, Jongin.”

 

     “I know, I've just been trying to help him get his life sorted out and-”

 

     “And ruining yours in the process? That isn't how it works Jongin. You don't help someone and ruin yours at the same time.”

 

     Jongin chews on his bottom lip. “I know,” he whispers.

 

     “Apparently you don't, Jongin. Because you've been ditching me and Yixing to go smoking and drinking with Sehun. Do you know how bad that stuff is?”

 

     “Yes.” Sehun is the poster child for it. “I'm sorry, Soo. I'm so sorry. I just...how did your concert go?” he asks.

 

     Kyungsoo doesn't answer for a while and Jongin thinks he hung up.

 

     “Fine,” he finally answers, “it went fine.”

 

     “I'm really sorry, Kyungsoo. I promise I'll make it up to you, all right?”

 

     Kyungsoo hesitates on the other end before saying, “You'd better,” and hanging up.

 

     Jongin slides his hands down his face and walks back into the club, finding Sehun.

 

     “Let's go home,” he yells over the music. “Sehun! Let's go home!” he yells again when Sehun doesn't hear him. Sehun looks at him, smiles, and then collapses into his arms.

 

 

     Jongin manages to drag Sehun's home, and tuck him into his bed. He apologizes to his grandmother from the both of them for giving her trouble, and then leaves. This time, it's through the actual door and not the window so he doesn't look weird or surprise her when he doesn't come down to leave.

 

     When he gets back inside his house, his parents are asleep and he's grateful for it. He makes his way to his room, careful not to wake them, and grabs a towel and some clothes before heading over to the shower.

 

     It's a longer shower than he means for it to be, most of it standing under the hot water and wondering why he though that this, any of this, was a good idea. If he hadn't met Sehun, then Kyungsoo wouldn't be angry at him, he would see Yixing a lot more than he did, and he wouldn't be smoking his life away. But it was too late to back out of this now. He was in too far, and to be honest, he isn't sure he wanted to find his way out anyway.