Nineteen

Doll House

     "We need to talk," Jongin says, letting himself into Sehun's house. "This is dumb as hell. You changed after your surgery and now you're being a complete . Not that you weren't before, but now you're really a . Where the hell are you?" Jongin yells after being unable to find him. 

     "We're out here," he hears Sehun call from the back of the house.

     Jongin makes his way there, walking out onto the porch. "I don't know what your deal is, but.....oh, sorry."

     "No, it's fine. Jongin, these are my parents.They were just leaving," Sehun says harshly, giving a look at his parents. They smile at Jongin and he bows in respect, feeling bad for intruding on a family reunion. They stand up and give a hug to Sehun and Jongin hears a vague think about what we talked about before they both leave. Sehun looks pissed off, not that it's any different from what he usually looks like. 

     "Sorry for coming at a bad time," Jongin apologizes, taking a seat in front of him. "I didn't realize they were here."

     "It's fine. It doesn't matter," Sehun blows off, sinking back in his chair.

     "Sehun, they're your parents. It does matter. You haven't seen them in a while," Jongin explains and Sehun scoffs.

     "They have enough money for fifteen round trips for each of us but they never come to see me, their own son. Why is that?" Sehun asks and Jongin doesn't speak. "Exactly, and when they finally do come it's to tell me to grow up. I guess some reported found out about everything I've done and what happened to me in China, here, like that," Sehun says, pushing an article at Jongin.

     Jongin picks it up and skims through it. It mentions Sehun's uality and Zitao and how Sehun turned into a trouble maker after Zitao's death. It takes all of Sehun's low points in life and shoves them back with harsher words and leaves out the good things that's happened to him. 

     "They can do this?" Jongin asks, setting it down.

     "When my parents are as famous as they are in the business industry, they can do whatever the hell they'd like. Apparently in the eyes of company officials and reporters, I'm unfit to take the company and I'm giving my parents a bad name." Sehun reaches for the paper and reads from a page, "'If the multimillion business owners can't control their own son, what makes them able to control their own company?'" Sehun smiles lightly and throws the paper back on the table. Jongin then sees the picture of Sehun and Zitao. 

     "Is that why they're here then?" Jongin asks and Sehun nods.

     "They want me to grow up and come back to China to work for their company after graduation," Sehun answers. 

     "Are you going to?" 

     "Of course not. I don't know the first thing to getting myself straight, why should I start working in a business that a simple error in spelling can cause it to go bankrupt?" Sehun runs a hand down his face and stands up. "Let's go eat somewhere. I'm tired of this house."

    

     They end up just walking along a road, both pretending to look for a shop to eat at, but when places to eat pop up, they ignore it and keep moving. 

     "I think we should talk about your parents, Sehun," Jongin says, glancing over at the boy walking next to him. He stiffens, but doesn't show any signs of wanting Jongin to stop talking. "You should tell them that you don't want to work for them."

     "As if that will stop them. They think I'm too unstable and won't find a job anywhere else. My dad said I was lucky that they were willing to hire him at all."

     "Then tell them-"

     "Just drop it, okay? The only use I'd be to my parents is if I were dead. Then they'd have sympathy and higher stockholders and people would go to them more. They couldn't care less about me if I'm not going to take on the family business. I'm just a messed up in the head, good for nothing kid who doesn't know the first thing about life."

     There's silence between them for the next block before Jongin finally decides to break it. "Is that really what you think of yourself?"

     Sehun scoffs. "That's what everyone thinks of me. Even you."

     "I don't think that. Sure, you piss me off and act like a , but I don't think you're worthless. If I thought that I wouldn't be here."

     "Why are you here anyway? You walked into my house earlier sounding angry and now you're trying to cheer me up," Sehun says. 

     "It can wait. It wasn't that important anyway."

     Sehun shakes his head and pulls him on a bench facing a river. "I want to get my mind off of my parents right now."

     Jongin takes in a breath and lets it out. "I said some awful things last week that I didn't mean."

     "Yes you did," Sehun replies and Jongin lets out a breath.

     "This is what I mean when I say you're an . You think that you know everything-"

     "I don't shrug off what people say to me when they're angry. It's all the things people wanted to say before but never got the chance."

     "I doesn't mean that I shouldn't apologize for it."

     Sehun is shaking his head and putting a hand on Jongin's leg. "I should be the one apologizing. I manipulated you like I do to everyone else. I turned you into me and made you push everyone else away just because I was lonely and scared and wanted someone to love me, and when someone came around and finally did, I pushed them away, too. I didn't want what happened in China to happen here so I made you hate me so you would forget about me and go back to Kyungsoo and Yixing. But nothing worked out the way I thought it would,  and in the end I just ended up hurting more people. I messed up like I always do, but I'm so used to it now that it doesn't even occur to me of what I've done.

     "So I'm sorry for everything that's happened. Go back to Kyungsoo, he' better for you than I'll ever be. You and I were never in love, we were just in love with the idea of it," Sehun finishes.

     "This isn't a goodbye, you hear me? Just because I'm going back to Kyungsoo doesn't mean I'm not going to watch you like a hawk," Jongin says, giving him a hard look. "You're not leaving me yet."

     Sehun smiles lightly and nods. "I understand."


a/n:

i don't even have anything to say. i'm gone for seven years and then pop up with a weird chapter that idk how i feel about. next chapter is probably the last one.....

THANKS AGAIN FOR READING THIS AND SUBSCRIBING!!