Ten

Doll House

     When Sehun and Jongin finally make their way back down to the cafeteria, the bell has rung and the students are pouring out of the large room. Jongin catches sight of Kyungsoo and Yixing walking back to class and he pulls Sehun with him to catch up to them, though when he reaches them, Kyungsoo shrugs him off and walks faster. Jongin turns to look at Yixing who just shakes his head in return, but stops him when Jongin is about to run after the other. 

     "I wouldn't do any more damage than you've already done, Jongin," Yixing says softly, though he hears it loud and clear over the voices around them. 

     "What?" Jongin asks, feeling guilty already. He's not look at Sehun, though he can feel the other stiffen besides him. 

     "He knows what you two are up to, Jongin. He's not dumb." Yixing walks faster, leaving Jongin behind as he pushes through the students to find their friend. 

     Jongin turns to Sehun who is looking down at his shoes. "I'm sorry, Jongin."

     "About what?" he asks, tilting his head.

     "About...you know. Kyungsoo and all. It's my fault."

     Jongin lets out a sigh and stops Sehun from walking. There's a few profanities and annoyed comments as people have to make their way around them, but Jongin ignores them. "I got close to you, Sehun. I started being your friend. I kissed you. This isn't your fault."

     "Yeah, but-"

     "It's fine. I'll figure something out." He squeezes Sehun's hand before walking off to his class.

 

     

     The call comes in the middle of the night. It's Kyungsoo's voice and Jongin doesn't realize that it's a voice he's been missing until he's heard it. 

     "Soo?" he mumbles, rubbing sleep out of his eyes as he sits up and turns on the light. "What's the matter?"

     "Jongin, you have to get to the hospital," he says frantically. The first thing that comes to his mind is Sehun and his eyes, now very wide awake, dart over to his window to see if he can look inside. His heart and mind relax when he sees the light on and Sehun sitting on the edge of his bed. 

     "What? Why?" he asks next, swinging his feet off the bed.

     "It's Yixing."

     "Has he hurt his waist again?"

     There's a held back sob that Jongin can hear and his body feels shaky with the anticipation. "Soo."

     "He tried to commit suicide, Jongin."

     Kyungsoo starts to say other words, but Jongin doesn't listen to them, his body frozen still but his mind racing. When his legs start moving, they're moving fast, carrying himself over to his dresser to pull on a shirt and slip on some shoes before racing outside and running to the nearest bus stop.

     When he finally arrives, he sees Kyungsoo sitting in the waiting room, head in his hands, though, surprisingly, he doesn't see Yifan. 

     "Kyungsoo," he says as he approaches. Kyungsoo's head shoots up and his eyes are red. There's relief that washes over his face as he gets up and hugs Jongin, stuffing his face into the his shoulder. For a minute, Jongin forgets that they aren't having problems. He forgets he didn't start forgetting to message back Kyungsoo. He forgets he kissed Sehun last week on the roof. 

     "What happened?" he mumbles into Kyungsoo's hair. Kyungsoo pulls back, there are fresh tear streaks on top of old ones that have stained his cheeks.

     "Yixing, he-he......" Kyungsoo trails off, more tears spilling over his cheeks. "He was sounding really depressed after he told me what happened with Yifan and I was getting worried about him and then I got a text from him and I freaked out and ran over and then I found him in his bathroom with blood everywhere and-"

     "Slow down," Jongin says, grasping Kyungsoo's shoulders tighter. "What about Yifan?" 

     "He didn't tell you?" Kyungsoo asks, sniffing as he wipes his eyes. Jongin shakes his head. "Yixing caught Yifan cheating on him with Joonmyeon hyung the other day."

     Jongin feels his face go pale. "What?" he asks, though he's heard him very well. Too well, to be honest. He should have known something was up that day he skipped with Sehun and saw them at the shopping center, or when they sat at lunch and Yixing was being more quiet than usual, or when Yifan suddenly disappeared out of their friendship circle. But he didn't because he was far too engrossed with Sehun. 

     "I--just---if I hadn't been there in time, Jongin, he would have died," Kyungsoo sobs, stuffing his face back into Jongin's chest. Jongin slowly wraps his arms back around Kyungsoo and lets himself take in all of the information. He feels too numb to try and say anything else, so he leads them over to the chairs and makes Kyungsoo try and sleep.

     When the other finally obliges, resting his head on Jongin's lap with his body laid out over the rest of the bench and closes his eyes, Jongin pulls out his phone. He texts his parents to tell them where he is so they don't call the police for a missing child, and then he texts Sehun and tells him what has happened. As he's scrolling through his phone to see who else he should call, he sees two missed calls and a text from hours before when he was hanging out with Sehun and it makes his stomach drop. They're all from Yixing. He's afraid to open the message, and when he does, he can feel guilt rush over him like waves in a storm. 

     Bye, Jongin. Thanks for being such a good friend.

     He wants to laugh at it because his best friend that he's known for years almost died because of how horrible a friend he was, yet Yixing still is kind enough to send him that before he tried to take his life. There's a new message and when the phone buzzes in his hand, he jumps. It's Sehun, telling him he'd be there in ten. He locks his phone and holds Kyungsoo's hand in his own and his other hand playing with Kyungsoo's hair while he tries to busy his mind from thinking about how badly he's messed up.


a/n: yeah...sorry about this. wow, this story is so dramatic. uh..yolo...?