Meeting Up

Run Devil Run!!!

Three of them step inside the house. Kyungsoo is humming while Jongin and Joonmyeon have to grit their teeth to prevent chattering.

“Wow, look at this house! It is really big! This house should have been really beautiful! Shame! I wonder why people abandon this great house and call this house haunted.”

Jongin shivers as he remembers the history of the house from the Most Haunted Place in Korea that he managed to watch last night.

“It is because there was a girl who committed suicide by hanging herself in this house, Hyung! She died in revenge and she killed all members of her family one by one. Only his brother was not murdered by him. However, he became crazy and he died in psychiatric hospital.”

Joonmyeon feels his back freezing. He watched the show till it finished.

“I heard that once there was a family moving to this house. They stayed at this house just for a night and the next day they disappeared! No trace of theirs was ever found! They were completely gone, abducted by ghosts!”

Both Jongin and Joonmyeon get closer to each other. They feel really terrified already. Kyungsoo rolled his eyes at them.

“Oh, come on, guys! You guys watch trashes too much! There was never a girl committing suicide here, killing all her family members. And there was never a family who disappeared mysteriously. This house and many other houses around here were abandoned since the government announced that there would be mall built in this area. The government bought the lands and the houses and people were paid to move to apartment in town. However, there was a problem with the project and it was halted, even before it started. The government tried to sell these houses again but people had been attached to city and they didn’t want to return. Since then this place was abandoned, rumor started spreading like fire, telling people that this house is haunted.”

Joonmyeon can feel that his mouth opens wide and he quickly clamps it.

“How do you know that, Kyungsoo?”

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes. “I researched, Hyung. Internet?”

Both Joonmyeon and Jongin shake their head, ready to burst on their contra argument but they heard something from outside, like the sound of screeching tires. Kyungsoo smirks, obviously full of himself after stunning Joonmyeon and Jongin with his wonderful wit.

“Well, about time! That must be Kris and Krystal. Let’s see them. We still have to pick several things up as well though.”

They walk out of the house and see two people standing beside their car. Jongin suddenly feels a chill on the back of his neck. It’s not the fear but anticipation. His heart beats faster, there is strange tickle inside his stomach.  He glances at Joonmyeon. He is making weird face now. Jongin sighs. He knows that Joonmyeon feels exactly what he feels now, which means he looks as ridiculous as Joonmyeon.

“Annyeong, Kyungsoo!”

“Annyeong, Kris and Kry …, Amber?”

Kyungsoo looks at Amber, who is grinning really wide.

“Annyeong, Hyung!!”

Amber throws herself into Kyungsoo and hugs him really tight. Kyungsoo jerks backward and releases himself from Amber’s bone crushing hug. He takes some steps back, trying to avoid the creepily grinning Amber. He glares at Kris and is ready to yell at him, but Jongin voices his mind faster than he can.

“Where is Krystal? I thought you were going with her, Kris-hyung.”

“Yeah …,” Kris scratch his back hair, looking guilty, “Krystal initially wanted to go with me, but when I told her that we would spend a night in a haunted house instead of luxurious hotel or cottage, she backed off. She is really scared of ghost and she asked Amber to accompany me instead.”

The Do brothers frown. Jongin frowns because he is totally disappointed that he cannot manage to see Krystal there. He mentally curses Kyungsoo who informed false information about the presence of Krystal. On the other hand, Kyungsoo frowns as he is crept out with the presence of Amber. This girl has this long, mental obsession towards him. She thinks that Kyungsoo is a huggable doll, an embodiment of cute owl in human form. All the things she tries to do is bringing Kyungsoo home with her to be a part of her line-up doll collection. For a girl who is surely tomboyish like her, knowing that she possesses a bulk of dolls in house is enough to send creepiness to Kyungsoo spine. The thought of having himself join the demon parade is like letting himself sacrificed to Satan.

Kyungsoo dodges away when Amber tries to approach him. He hides behind the all time stunned Joonmyeon, making the latter jerks out of shock.

“Kyungsoo! What are you doing?”

“Nothing, just making Kris-hyung to see you.”

Joonmyeon lifts his gaze at Kris who happens to be staring at him. Joonmyeon looks down and he can feel warmth on his cheeks.

“Annyeong, Kris.”

“Annyeong, Joonmyeon.”

Joonmyeon wants to kick both Kyungsoo and himself. Kyungsoo because he is acting like a child now and he is clearly making him look like a fool in front of Kris by hiding behind him to avoid Amber. Himself because he looked dumb as hell in front of Kris by showing too much of his feelings.

“Err …, shall we get inside?” Kris asked.

“Y, yes ….”

Kris smiles at him before taking a box from his car and walks into the house.

“Joonmyeon-oppa, can you help me bringing this box? I will help Kyungsoo-oppa bring his stuff. You can go with Kris.”

Amber’s words makes his cheeks much hotter know. He shrugs and nods, taking the box with whatever stuff Amber was able to shove. He turns his head and sees Kyungsoo lifting another box, looking pissed off for being followed by Amber, now looking almost running. And he also sees Jongin who is sulking dejectedly. Kyungsoo approaches Jongin quickly.

“Oh God, Jongin, help me! Amber is following me! What the hell did I do that makes me deserve this girl obsessed with me? I can die anytime soon because of her!”

“Suit you well!” Jongin scoffs, “You dragged me here, lied to me, and forced me to enter that house even though you know that I am scared as hell. Enjoy the punishment from God, hyung!”

Kyungsoo hisses at him. He wants to retort but Amber fastens her speed. Kyungsoo shivers and dashes inside the house. Jongin, feeling clouded by anger that he doesn’t feel scared anymore, enters the house dejectedly. He put his box on the floor with loud thump before being yelled by Joonmyeon.

“Careful, Jongin! You don’t want to mess up with all the things inside the box, do you?”

“Sorry, Hyung. Just feeling really bad for being tricked by my brother.”

“Cheer up, Jongin! I know you’re expecting Krystal and she didn’t come. But I swear to God that everything will be alright. Just enjoy our night, Jongin.”

“It’s easy for you to say that, Hyung. You got Kris there, your boyfriend. If anything happens tonight, you can run and hide behind his back. But what about me? Running to Kyungsoo-hyung? He will strangle me. going with Amber?  Bah!”

Joonmyeon is torn between feeling bad for Jongin and embarrassed because of Jongin’s words.

“We are not boyfriends! It’s nothing. He and I are just friends.”

“Friends, who obviously have crush with each other. Great! Not only am I stuck in this old, haunted house, but I will also face unbearable, miserable night as being the fifth wheel in everybody’s relationship. This is too much for breaking my brother’s cellphone.”

“Yeah …. If only I didn’t scream and make his phone fall, I would be happily watching TV and play game tonight ….”

Joonmyeon shrugs. To be honest, he is completely still not feeling great about being in this place, but Kris arrival has surprisingly calmed him. He feels protected when he is around. Gah …, what’s happening to him? Why is he being so cheesy all the sudden?

“Well, just stay tonight, Jongin, for the sake of your brother. He is still in deep sadness over his broken cellphone. You still need to replace it but for now just make him happy by making him believe that you will turn to be brave. If that compensates his loss, wouldn’t it be good for you?”

Jongin sighs. Joonmyeon is true.

“Alright, let’s just do what pleases him. I am guilty anyway. I have to get the down-payment punishment.”

Joonmyeon chuckles and pat Jongin’s forearm. A smile crept into his mouth, making Joonmyeon smile wider.

“AAAAAARRRRRRRRGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!”

They suddenly screamed in unison as they felt something cold pressed their shoulder. They quickly jumped away, ready to throw anything to the ghost.

“OOUCH!! Guys, it’s me!”

Jongin looks at Kris shockly. He threw his right shoe to him.

“I, I’m sorry, Hyung! We thought you were a ghost.”

Still gritting his teeth, Kris replied.

“That’s fine. Kyungsoo asked me to call you to the car. He said he wanted to announce his plan for tonight.”

Kris laughs as Joonmyeon and Jongin roll their eyes identically at the same movement.

“That guy! I wonder what happens with his brain! Does he know that this is a haunted place not a museum? Prick!”

Kris shakes his head and continue laughing but he walked to both Jongin and Joonmyeon, pushing them forward to make them walk. He could hear Jongin’s curses and Joonmyeon’s grumble when they stroll down to the car. They arrive and see that Kyungsoo has provided 3 meters space between him and Amber. Annoyance is still on his expression as he opens our mouth.

“Alright guys, we all here already. We will sleep at this place for a night. We will have several activities later but no one leaves until tomorrow. If the situation turns to be incontrollable and there is indeed ghost appearing, everybody can go to the car immediately inside my car and close it. I prepared amulets inside it, no supernatural  entity can get near with it. Although I don’t believe in such thing, in case something does happen, I have taken precautionary steps already.”

Kris nods, Joonmyeon looks serious, Jongin shrugs, and Amber beams at her. Kyungsoo let out a long breath. The sun has just set on the west.

“Alright! Let’s gets inside the house. First stop is hyaku monogatori.

 


2014/04/14

 

Selamat petang semua!! Hi all!!! I am really, really, really sorry that I just managed to update this story. I was kinda absorbed with my other two ongoing stories, and my real life too. Sigh .... Working is damn annoying!! But if I don't work, I won't get the money to buy food, which means I won't have the energy to continue this fic. Wkwkwk. Okay, I am blabbering now. Well, just enjoy the story. And please, your comment, I am waiting for it. I love subscriptions and upvotes but what really makes my day is your comment. So, do read and do something with reaction, okay, *wink*.

Selamat membaca!!!!

 

Schandelierre