Prologue

Run Devil Run!!!

“Hyung ….

“Hyung ….

“HYUNG!!”

Kyungsoo turns his head and hisses at his brother. Jongin is tugging on his sleeves, painfully grabbing Kyungsoo’s shoulder.

“What, Jongin!”

“Let’s go home! I’m scared!”

“Not yet! We just arrived here! Besides,” Kyungsoo yanks his arm, “stop squeezing my arm! It hurts!”

Kyungsoo rubs his throbbing hand. Sometimes Jongin doesn’t remember how powerful he is sometimes. His brother’s hand is not crushing his arm anymore but he keeps pulling his sleeve.

“Hyuuuuung ….”

Jongin whines.

“Let’s go home …. Please ....”

 

 

[Last night, 9.04 pm]

 

“Arrgghhh! Jongin! Why are you watching this channel? There is Masterchef show in Starworld tonight! I want to see the menu that Christine’s cooking!”

“Later, Hyung. I have to see ‘Scariest Place in Korea’ tonight. Joonmyeon-hyung texted me, this show is running earlier tonight due to World Cup elimination match.”

“But it is important! I didn’t watch last episode! I need to see if she’s still in the competition or not!”

“You can see the rerun, Hyung. Besides, you just can download it later. You can use torrent site. There will be no abrupt cut while you’re downloading. You can watch the file as many times as you wish later.”

Kyungsoo gritted his teeth and moved forward to grab the remote. Alas, Jongin was faster. He hid the remote in his back. He had no problem in blocking and overcoming his older brother who was smaller in stature and slower in motion. Kyungsoo wasn’t a match for his agility. Plus, the fact that he is a sleek dancer, dodging Kyungsoo was like dodging a kid.

Kyungsoo was mad. He slapped Jongin’s arm, making his brother whine. Still, his btother didn’t hand him the remote. He dejectedly sat on sofa, cursing Joonmyeon for informing his brother about the show. He didn’t hate Joonmyeon, in fact he was his bestfriend. Joonmyeon was a a type of elder brother who didn't have huge with you, an older brother you wished to have to discuss and quarrel. However, he was on the same page as Jongin when coming to ghost thingy. He was as scared as Jongin but he was even more enthusiastic in watching every horror show on TV. He whined in heart, why did he make them two meet?

Sighing, he walked to fridge and took a cup of blackberry yoghurt. He returned to the sofa and took his cellphone out. He quickly browsed what happened on last episode. Thank God Christine was still on the running. Christine might be blind, but she was blessed by talent. Kyungsoo always had a thing for strong girl, not in body strength, but in heart and mind. Watching her always inspired him, that’s why he loved this season Masterchef so much.

And his bloody brother just ruined his perfect, blessed moment he was supposed to have by watching that bloody horror show.

Kyungsoo shook his head, trying to focus and read the rest of the show review. Once he finished, he moved on to browsing the dish that Christine made. He found one and was so absorbed into it. That Vietnamese dish looked really delicious and easy to make. Maybe he could try to –

“WUAAAAAAA!!!!!!!”

Jongin sneaked behind his back while letting out a piercing shriek. Kyungsoo jumped, out of shock. And the impact made him slip his phone. He watched it fly and drop to the floor.

Now it was his turn to let out a piercing shriek.

“MY CELLPHONE!!!!”

Kyungsoo kneeled before his scattered phone and collected them. He tried to put them together again but he failed. His cellphone completely broke. He almost cried. He just bought that damn expensive phone last month with his one year saving, the crumbs of his part time salary after being cut for groceries and Jongin's pocket money budget. Now it was broken and there was no way the phone warranty could cover it. The phone was just too damaged.

Kyungsoo glared at Jongin.

“DO FREAKING JONGIN!! WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO!!”

He started hitting every centimeter of Jongin’s body, feeling so breaking his brother into pieces. Jongin kept dodging him, screaming when his brother successfully hit him. He had to ran around the room. His brother didn’t bother to listen to his apology, he wanted to strangle him.

KNOCK, KNOCK, KNOCK!

The loud bang on the door stopped them both. Kyungsoo halted his movement and glared to Jongin before moving to door. As he opened it, he saw Sehun, the boy who lived next door, standing with arms crossed and cold expression.

“Can you two stop screaming and yelling! My mother is sick! She needs to get some rest!”

Kyungsoo felt really bad. He bowed and apologized to that boy.

“I’m sorry! We are sorry! We will never do that again, we will be quiet. Please send our apology to your mother.”

 “If I hear a scream again, I will call the landlord to kick your asses out of this flat!”

Sehun glared at both of them before he turned around and returned to his flat. Kyungsoo closed the door.

“Hyung, I ….”

Kyungsoo raised his hand, not wanting to hear anything Jongin wanted to say. He didn’t know why he was so furious like this but who cared anyway. He didn’t watch his favorite show, he broke his cellphone, he disturbed his sick neighbor. Ask him why.

He collected his phone and stepped into his room. He listened to the sound of TV shut down. A moment later, he saw a not slipped under his bed. He slowly got out of his bed and took it.

Hyung, I’m really sorry! I didn’t mean to break your phone. Sorry, I will buy you a new phone.

Kyungsoo scoffed, grumbling in mind. ‘I am the one who gives you pocket money and you say you want to buy me a new one? How did you get the money for that’. He squeezed the paper and threw it to the bin.

A moment later came another note.

What can I do to make you not feel bad again and forgive me?

He scoffed. ‘I don’t know. Maybe strangle yourself to death?’, he thought.

Kyungsoo waited for several minutes before there was the sound of footsteps away from his door. He could hear faint sigh before the sound of closed door. Jongin would surely be pouting now.

Kyungsoo sighed. He wasn’t furious to Jongin anymore but he somehow was still mad. He laid at his bed. He bit his lip for a while before a crazy idea came into his mind.

Jongin would not be like this if he wasn’t too scared at the first place to ghost. He would not act like a dumb, scaredy-cat if he wasn’t afraid of this ghost. This thing needed to stop.

He his laptop and browsed on it. This thing he wanted to do was definitely gonna make his brother whine and scream, but surely it would heal him. He read it once in an article that fear can be erased by facing a patient with the subject he/she fears. He typed several words into the browser search. A second later the results were displayed on the screen. Tons of articles along with pictures were on the screen, ready to be seen.

Kyungsoo smirked. A plan had been solidified in his mind, ready to be executed. He could picture the expression and response of his brother already.

‘Hey, at least he will heal, right? Even if he has to scream like girl on the first hand. Besides, that’d be a good punishment to him for breaking my cellphone. Buying me a new cellhone? Pfft! He has to give up three years amount of his pocket money. And he cant even survive a day without nagging me some money!’

Kyungsoo smirked again. It’s decided then.

He would bring his brother to the most haunted place in Seoul and prove to him that ghosts did not exist in this world!

* * *


Author's Note (April 1, 2014)

Hey guys, thanks for reading the story! Wow, I was actually surprised to see there are many people reading, subscribing, and even upvoting this story already when it was just a foreword. ^touched at heart^ TuT.

So I decided that I still I will still make it comedic, even though I won't leave the horror. Personal issue, hehe.

You might be confused who Christine is. She was a contestant of Masterchef US season 3 and won the competition. Yes she was blind but teriffic in cooking, it was awesome to see her cook just by touch and taste and smell sensory. I think the real DO would be inspired by her too.

Anyway, thank you so much for your support! It lifts my spirit so much to see people like this story. Will be trying so hard to make this story more entertaining. Ganbatte! Semangat! Hwaiting! ^patting my own back and screaming like crazy^ :D

 

Schandelierre