005

Back In Time
 

Chapter Five - Be a Man

Fight for yourself, and others. be a man. be strong.

         

          Who could've known that bubble tea and ice cream would make a person fall asleep?

Too bad.

By the time Luhan woke up, it was almost sunset. The sky was orange-ish in color, which made him cringe. Orange was his least favorite color. Heck, he hated it. But what's more important is that his parents are gonna kill him for passing his curfew.

But maybe it's not as late as he thought?

Luhan glanced at his writwatch.

5:00 P.M.

.


. . . . . And endless more .

He sighed and gulped down the lump in his throat. "How the hell am I gonna go home now?"

"What excuse should I tell?"

I fell down and needed immediate surgery? 

No.

Some gangsters robbed me?

Too lame.

I went back in time?

Uh...

Ah, whatever. They're still gonna kill me for not studying for the entrance exams. I might as well wing it if I do so.

Luhan stretched while yawning loudly, making weird sounds as he did.

"That was a pretty nice nap," The boy rubbed his eyes, smacking his lips together in a thin, straight line. "Honestly speaking, napping on a park bench isn't so bad. It's actually nice, but a little too hard. Like really, what wood do they use? It felt like titanium. No joke."


Luhan swung his backpack against one shoulder and started heading towards his house. It was kinda far, but it's better to go now, since later it would be dark.

The streets were half-empty. Some people lingering around, chatting. Some adults were drowning themselves in alchohol for as they all know that they would get shouted at by their wives later. In general, everyone had something to do, and I'm just here, alone.

Swiftly, the boy looked around. "I guess I'm the only kid around here?" 

He spoke too soon.


Just then, a few high schoolers passed by. They were a group of male students, and a few female students too. All of them were wearing the same uniform. And surprise, surprise- it was the same uniform of Sehun's school.

Unnoticeably, Sehun was there, but he didn't seem so happy. He stayed far back, none of them were interested in talking to him. His head hung low near his misery, it was like he wasn't even there. Luhan thought everything was okay.

He 
thought.

One of them, probably the so-called leader, glanced at Sehun and walked up to him. He grabbed a lock full of Sehun's hair to make him face the latter. Sehun kept a calm face, holding back the pain, and tears.

The is this guy's problem? 

Luhan squinted his eyes to read that bastard's name tag.

Lee Jae Hwa.

Jae Hwa smirked right into Sehun's soul. Everyone stayed still, as if there's a fight going on. Luhan stood there, hesitating to make a move, but instead, he'll wait and see how much of a badass this kid thinks he is.

Sehun gulped the lump in his throat, sweat all over him, nervousness striking throughout his body. It was deinately a fight scene.

"Hey, kid," Jae Hwa smirked, quickly taking a glance at Sehun's nametag. "Sehun, is it?"

Sehun nodded hesitantly, whimpering as Jae Hwa's grip tightened. "Y-yeah..."

"What a ty name," He added. "Perfect for a ty boy like you."

"We're gonna get drinks, you're paying remember?"

Silence.

"Where's the cash?"


"I asked, where's the ing cash?" Jae Hwa removed his hand from Sehun's hair, but moved onto his collar. He tightly gripped it, causing Sehun to choke. "Answer me, kid."

You shouldn't have done that...

Luhan laughed dryly as he approached the two. Gasps came from all directions. All of them took a step back, just in case a fight's gonna happen.

Smart kids. A fight was gonna happen.

"Hey, jerk!" Luhan called out. All eyes turned to him instead, including Sehun's. "Stop bullying others!"

Everyone kept silent. Jae Hwa turned to Luhan, eyeing him angrily. Sehun, on the other hand, was releived to see Luhan.

"What did you just call me?" 
He asked calmly,a bit threathening.

"Are you deaf? I called you a jerk?"

Okay,that was a bad idea.

Jae Hwa let go of Sehun, shoving him against the floor, and walked closer to Luhan.This is probably a good time to run away and hide, but Luhan didn't.

"And who are you, ?He pushed Luhan, but with quick reflexes, he didn't fall.

Gathering courage, Luhan made a comeback. 
"Me? I'm your worst nightmare."

"Hmph," Jae Hwa smirked, putting a finger to the boy's forehead.

"You seem more like a pre-pubescent girl to me."


Ouch.

Everyone cheered and laughed except Sehun. He was on Luhan's side, of course.

"N-no," The Chinese boy pushed Jae Hwa's hand.

"For your information, I'm probably much older than you."

"Then what's with the height, dwarf?"

"Look," Luhan started.

"I may be short, and I may look like a girl but I am, in fact, just as strong as you are."

"Oh really?" Jae Hwa laughed dryly, "How much are you betting?"

"My life."

"You?" Luhan raised a brow, his confidence level getting higher.

"Same."

"I'm pretty sure you need a life to bet on one." Luhan said, swiftly turning his back and giving Sehun a hand as 
Jae Hwa's posse started cheering. The sounds of laughter lingered, some even passed comments, and most of them were negative to Jae Hwa.


"Jae, you just got burned!"

"That was hardcore! Careful dude, you might lose in this case."

"Yeah, Jae! You're gonna let some kid win?"

The anger in him started rising. The red tint of anger was visible on his cheeks. His fists tightened as he shoved Luhan again,but this time he fell.

"So you think you know everything, huh?"


"Not everything," Luhan coolly said, jumping back up with style. He dusted off the invisible dust and smirked, patting Jae Hwa's shoulder. "Just that 's like you don't know how to fight."

Good job, Luhan. Now you're gonna get your beaten up.

"This kid... I guess it's time to show you who the real is..."

Jae Hwa forcibly grabbed Luhan's collar, pulling him off his feet. Sehun eventually gathered enough courage to stop all of this. "N-no! Don't! Back off!" 

Things got worse.


"Move, !" He shoved Sehun to the ground, and he started bleeding.

You just crossed the line, buddy...

"Look, I don't want to start a fight. Just leave Sehun alone, or I'll call the police."

Luhan took out his phone and started dialing the police station's number. He read it out loud as he pressed the buttons, making the posse tremble in fear.

Just when he was about to reach the last number, they finally begged.

"S-stop! Fine, we'll leave him alone." Jae Hwa sighed. "Let's go, guys." They trailed off with his little group and faded away.

Goodbye, good ridance.

Luhan held out a hand and helped Sehun stand up. Bruises and wounds everywhere on his skin. Some places were even bleeding.

"You okay?"

Sehun nodded, but that was surely a lie.
"You don't have to help me, I swear I'm okay."

"Look, I know you're not." Luhan sighed. "C'mon."

Sehun nodded and put his arm on Luhan's shoulder for support as they slowly walked towards the bench. Yes,the same banch that Luhan slept on. Coincidence? I think not.

They both sat down and Luhan rumbled through his backpack in search for a firts aid kit. Fortunately, he found it.

Taking some alcohol, Luhan rubbed it on Sehun's wounds. The younger shouted in pain, but at least not many people were around. He then plastered a band-aid over it. Some, he left uncovered, since they were too severe.

"
There you go~" He sing-songed.

"You shouldn't have, but thanks anyways. And thanks again for standing up for me."

"No need to thank me. Bastards like Jae Hwa need to be punished anyways" Luhan laughed dryly.

Sehun tilted his head with a blank face."Wait...how did you know his name?"

.

Think. Think. Think... Aha!


"...H-his name tag..."

Smooth, Luhan. Real smooth.

"Anyways, fancy meeting you again." Sehun smiled through the pain as he tried finding a comfortable position to rest. Luhan noticed that and forced Sehun's head on his shoulder. It was kinda awkward at first, but soon they didn't even realize that.

And, they also didn't even realize it was almost night.

"You know what, Luhan?"

"Mm?"


"For some reason, I kinda like being with you.
"
 

coded by edelweiss. do not remove the credits.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hwa- (X) (X) (X) (X) (X)