009

Back In Time
 

Chapter Nine - Fear

WE ALL HAVE FEARS, SO DON'T WORRY ABOUT BEING DIFFERENT.

         

          "Oh and when you come back, don't bring that little brat Luhan with you."

Luhan shivered at the sound of his name.

"You'd be better off with us than him."

"He thinks he's all boss and ."

"Like seriosuly, does that dude wear makeup or was he just born like a fairy?"

"Anyways, just get to school in a few minutes..."

"...Or else..."

The line went dead.

Luhan shivered, dropping the phone right onto the slightly damped grass. He gulped and ruffled his hair, thinking of what to do;- go to school and give Sehun his phone, or ignore everything Jae Hwa just said.

He quickly grabbed his belongings from the ground and stuffs it into his backpack, not caring about organization.

Of course (after 0.3 milliseconds), he chose to give Sehun's phone back.

The boy glances at his wristwatch, followed by the words-

"I'm coming, Sehun."



 



"Now, can anyone solve this question?"

The whole class remains in silence. Eyes wandered from student to student, afraid of being called. The teacher turned around, having a great veiw of terrefied students, she chuckles bitterly.

"Really? Anyone? Anyone at all?"

Silence replied.

"Hmm..." The teacher sighs. "How about... Oh Sehun?"

Everyone turned to the back, seeing that Sehun is not there, they start questioning. Jae Hwa glanced at his group, glaring at them as if it was their fault for not finding him during lunch break. Suddenly, the door swung open.

"I'm here!" Sehun panted. "Am... Am I late?"

The teacher chuckled bitterly and took off her eyeglass, giving Sehun a deathly stare as well as the others. "No, Sehun. You weren't late at all." she said sarcastically. 

"Explain." 

"Oh, erm... you see, I had lunch outside of the school..."

"And...?" she said, unimpressed.

"There wasn't a clock nearby so I must've forgot the time and overstayed..."

"Really? Then what's that on your wrist?" The teacher said, pointing at Sehun's wristwatch.

.

"Yeah, Sehun, care to explain?" Someone called out. Sehun knew that familliar voice. Jae Hwa spoke confidently, smirking.

"W-what?" He looked at his watch."W-when did I have this here?"

"You're not fooling anyone, Sehun." S
he chuckled. "I'm being nice to you, so sit quietly in your place." 

"R-really?" His eyes widened, feeling happy as ever. But that happy feeling drained out when he glanced to Jae Hwa, who was cracking his fingers, probably already to fight. Sehun gulped and quiety walked back to his seat, plainly ignoring the vandalism on it. He placed his backpack on his lap, rumbling for his book, but what he couldn't find was his phone.

Hmm? Where is it? I remember having it when I was in the park with Lu-

Knock knock.

"Erm... Hello?"

A deer named Luhan entered.

"H-hello, sorry for disturbing but may I please return something to Oh Sehun?" The boy asked politely. Sehun could already hear giggles and whispers from the girls, saying that he's so cute and all.

The teacher eyed Luhan from head to toe,unfamilliar with the Chinese boy. "Yes, you may, but who are you exactly?"

"My name is Luhan." He smiled, causing the girls to swoon over him more. Being the goody-two-shoes he is, Luhan flashed a shy smile back to them. "I already graduated from high school, so you might not know me."

"Hmph, what a showoff." Jae Hwa rolled his eyes, annoyed. Luhan noticed him and immediately avoided eye contact. He huried to Sehun and gave the phone. He leaned down, bending to tell Sehun something.

"Here,you left it at the park." He whispered into Sehun's ear, feeling his warmth and the heat of his breath.

"Thanks." 

Luhan smiled as a 'you're welcome' and walked out of the class, flahing another smile at the students, and left.

Sehun looked at his phone, stunned that Luhan actually probably ran all the way here to give it. He chuckled, but turned into a frown after a crumpled paper ball hit his head.

"Ow.." He rubbed his head. His eyes laid on the crumpled ball on the floor. He picked it up and looked around, trying to see who threw it. Nobody was looking at him, Sehun shrugged and opened it.


"After school,you're dead."

He gulps, turning to Jae Hwa, who was smirking.


"I know."




 


Sehun ran out of the school, looking back every two seconds, afraid that Jae Hwa would catch up. They were so close, only a few feet apart, rushing through the crowded hallways. Everyone made way for them, to not get injured, of cousre.Everything was going well, until some kid stuck his foot out, making Jae Hwa trip over.

Whoever that kid is, thank you so ing much.

Like, seriously, I would hug you brother, only if I wasn't being chased by a group of asses.

Oh and-

Oh. My. Gawd, just get on with the story!

Geez, okay, okay. Where was I? Oh yeah, so anyways, Jae Hwa was down, but his group was still on him.  Sehun, for some odd reason, still had hope and kept on running all the way. He looked back and saw them stopping and helping Jae. Sehun's pace lessened until he completely stopped. Everyone looked at him, confused.

"Isn't he gonna run?"

"What happened?"

"Wouldn't Jae Hwa beat him up if he just stayed there like a statue?!"

Questions. Oh, the questions.

Jae Hwa's gaze led to Sehun's. Immediately, the adrenaline in his body went to the max. Sehun kept on running, all the way out of the building. It may be exaggerating, but it seemed like a miracle. A miracle that he got out of there alive. 


Sehun panted, tired and dizzy from all the running. He uses the last drips of energy left to drag himself to the school gate.

"A-almost... there..." 

Fortunately, he passed it. That's it, he finally made out of that hell dungeon called school, fighting demons also called as Jae Hwa. Sehun sighed in relief and smiled widely, not caring about anything other than his success.

"Why, fancy meeting you here, Sehun..."

The boy turned around, seeing Jae Hwa and his posse, all ready for round two. But the catch is, Sehun isn't. Without a warning, they all surrounded him. A circle formed, with only two people inside, Sehun and Jae Hwa.

"W-what are you guys doing?" Sehun stutters, already feeling his own sweat fall down his neck. "W-what's happening?"

"What does it look like?" Jae Hwa snarled, cracking his knuckles. "We're gonna fight."

He shaked his body, warming up for beating the out of Sehun. "What? Not ready? Aww, it's okay, you could change your diaper after this ends."

Sehun trembles, not even caring that he just got trash-talked by him. He didn't care about anything, actually. His mind was full of thoughts. Too many to tell, or count. It was either his life flashing before his eyes, or a plan to run out of there before he gets beaten up.

Apparently, the answer is the plan.

"Hey, what's that up there?" 

"Where?"

"I don't see anything."

"Wha- Where's Sehun?!"

Just far ahead, a shilloutte of two men running into the sunset.

Oh Sehun, and...someone else?


"You cant keep on running for the rest of your life!"

coded by edelweiss. do not remove the credits.