002

Back In Time
 

Chapter Two - Hello and Hello

Hi, I know you, and you don't know me.

         

          "Well, I guess I should introduce myself then. Hi, I'm Oh Sehun."

Sehun's hand was stretched for a handshake and Luhan hesitantly shook it, the memories slowly filling up his head. Holding his hand again felt like Heaven, even though it was just a simple handshake.

"What 'bout you?" Sehun smiled.

"Oh, I-I'm Luhan..."

"Luhan? Lu..
 Luhan..." The younger muttured while tapping a finger on his chin, trying to think hardly about that name. "Ah...? Isn't that Chinese?"

"That's because I am." Luhan smiled and Sehun gave out a shocked expression. "Really?! But your Hangul is pretty impresive." The boy winked playfully.

Luhan died a little.

"I transfered to Korea when I was little, studied here, and now Korea had become a part of me." Luhan bragged, but Sehun seemed to be amused.

"Wah, that's so cool!" Sehun shoved two thumbs up and blushed.

After that, silence remained as the two finished placing the broken mug onto the tray and returning it back to the cashier. It was pretty awkward. Luhan didn't say a word until Sehun was going to pay for it. Was going to pay for it.

"No, no, I'll take care of it." The Chinese boy smiled, immediately stopping Sehun and took out his wallet, giving the cashier the money and apologizing again.

They were still awkward, for Luhan that is, Sehun didn't actually care. He didn't like the coffee that much even, he just forced himself to drink it since mornings are the end-of-the-world kind of disasters. Bubble tea was his favorite, chocolate flavor to be exact. Luhan remembered all those times when they sat at the window seat, just talking about their future together, while drinking their favorite drinks.

He smiled to himself and laughed a little. The younger stared at Luhan weirdly, thinking that he's mental, too."What's wrong?" Sehun asked, being worried at the person whom he doesn't even remember.

"Oh, nothing." 

"There you go again with your words. Is that like, your catchphrase or something?" Sehun laughed.Luhan stared at him in awe. Just by watching his smile, his world just lit up, as if fireworks were just around the corner. "So... Do you wanna sit and have a drink or something?"

"W-with me?"

The younger nodded with another heart warming smile. "Yeah, why not? You spilled the coffee and broke the mug, but you helped me to clean it up and you even paid for it. So why not?" 

Luhan blushed at his thankful words. Sehun had never talked nicely to him before, but that was all in the past. "Just pick a seat while I order the drinks. Say, what do you like?" Sehun asked.

"W-what I like?" Luhan repeated.

I like you, Oh Sehun.

.


"Uhm, I like taro bubble tea." 

Sehun beamed as Luhan told that. "Really?! I love bubble tea!"

Luhan pretended to be surprised as if he didn't know. His eyes widened and a smile plastered on his face. Luhan had never smiled like this after they broke up. His smile torn down when that thought came up; Sehun's did too.

"Erm...Okay, you stay right here while I order the stuff, 'kay?"

Luhan nodded hesitantly as the younger left happily. "Was this really how we were?"  He asked himself. A sigh escaped his pale, dry lips as he turned around his chair and stared out of the window. What beautiful weather today...what could go wrong?

Oh you have no idea...

 



After a few, Sehun came holding two bubble teas. "Here you go~" He sung as he placed the drinks on the table.

"Thanks...

"So, Luhan... what brings you here?" 

 



"So, Luhan...what brings you here?" 

"I... ran away from home..."

Sehun's eyes widened in shock and he almost chocked on his bubble tea."Wh-what..? Why?"

"None of your business. I don't even know you..." 

It was true. They met just a few minutes before that conversation, and accidentally. Luhan wasn't the open minded kind of person. He didn't like anyone who peeks in his life. Maybe that's why he's so lonely.

"C'mon, I know how you feel. Just let out your feelings, it'll make you feel better." Sehun slowly approached Luhan's hand, softly holding it in his palms.

That was when Luhan realized his life was about to change, love was coming.

 



"I...ran away from home..." 

Sehun's eyes widened in shock and he almost chocked on his bubble tea."Wh-what..? Why?"

A loud sigh escaped Luhan's lips, which was a fake.He had to act back the past so that it wouldn't be much of a change. Luhan cleared his throat and dunked his head low, acting as if he's about to cry.

"I-it's my parents... They want me to go to a good university. They force me too much. Every night, I pull out all-nighters just to study. I get the highest scores just for their pleasure. I hate it. Living like this is horrible. I want to die, I want to..." 

Uncontrollably, a tear fell from his eye. What he said was true, but that wasn't the case this time.

Sehun slowly approached Luhan's hand, softly holding it in his palms. He looked into Luhan's teary eyes and gave a weak smile. "It's okay...Tell me more."

Bingo.

"I'm an only child, so they trust me to be responsible. All these years of hardship was stressing. School, loneliness, this is my life. I endured this pain until now..."

Okay, that was a bit of a lie.

"I'm so sorry..." Sehun frowned.

"Don't be, this has nothing to do with you..." Luhan gave a half smile to Sehun, wanting the latter to be happy.

"I know..." He sighed as he slurped his bubble tea. Luhan did the same.

"But wait..." Sehun the remaining drips of bubble tea off his straw before continuing."If you're a runaway, where are you gonna stay?"

. I didn't think this one out.

"Don't worry, I'll apologize to them. This always happens, I run away, and they accept me back."

"See, they love you. They want the best from you, that's all." Sehun smiled and Luhan's world just exploded.

Luhan smiled back at him.

Their eyes locked.

Cupid shoots, he scores.

Someone's in love now.

And that someone is not only Luhan.

coded by edelweiss. do not remove the credits.