004

Back In Time
 

Chapter Four - Memories

DO YOU REMEMBER THIS? THIS FEELING, THIS FEELING OF LOVE.

         

          It's Sehun's number.

It's his number.

It's Oh ing Sehun's number.

Luhan just sat there, wondering how the did he not notice Sehun writing? Oh,wait - it's 'cause he's a total lovefool.

And this is why Sehun told Luhan to pay the bill, right? Yes.

Also why he was smiling while walking to school? Yup.

Oh, and - Man, you readers sure are catching up.

Fine, let's just get beck to reality.

Luhan stared back at the window, then back at Sehun's seat.

Then the window again, now the seat.

Oh, no. Luhan's walking down the memory lane.

Better get your popcorn, 'cause a cry festival is happening in 3...2...- Yah! Shut up!

No, seriously, let's just get serious for once, okay? So anyways, Luhan was actually walking down memory lane. What memories, you ask? The memories of Christmas, of course! Remember when it was snowing? Remember when Luhan was so lonely during Christmas? Yeah, that's what I'm talking about.

Luhan sighed a deep one and stood up, wanting to leave. Fortunately, he remembered to take the reciept with him. The boy thanked the workers and left, sighing again. The sun's rays immediately hit him while Luhan covered his eyes. It was summer, what do you expect?

He started walking home. The sun was especially being mean to him, but that wouldn't stop him from getting to his comfy bed back at home. Luhan kept going, but soon enough the heat won.

Exhausted, Luhan decided to stop for a while. Concidencially, a convience store was close by. "What are the odds?" He laughed as he approached the shop.

The airconditioner was on full blast when he entered. "What are the odds?

Immediately, Luhan went to his favorite corner, the frozens aisle. Why? Two words- Ice cream.

Luhan happily skipped like a little kid all the way there. He eagerly snatched a strawberry popsicle, his favorite. He skipped back to the cashier, who was weirded out by Luhan's childish behaviour.

"Hi!" The boy chirps, smiling widely as he waved continously. 

"Okay... that would be 2,000 Won." The cashier raised her brow, scanning Luhan's ice cream and handing it over to the kid. "And either you're just plain weird, or you love ice cream."

"Beats me." Luhan grinned, shrugging as he paid her. He flashed a peace sign and left, leaving her dumbfounded.

But then again, the heat shot right at him, which made him flinch. "My ice cream would melt..." He pouted.

And again, concidencially, a park was nearby. "What are the odds? Seriously, what are they?"

He smiled as he started ripping the popsicle wrapper. He swore, as soon as he opened it, it was already melting. A frown appeared on Luhan's sweating face. Why, of all days, did he have to eat ice cream on the hottest day of summer?

Not giving a , Luhan shruggs and walks into the park. It was partially empty, since it was the hottest day of summer. There were some children playing, and some oldies feeding pigeons. Even at different ages, he smiled at their happiness. Then suddenly, a park bench was glowing in the sunlight. Yup, that's right- it's part of Luhan's memory lane.

Oops, I said too soon. Looks like he's visiting the memory lane again.

Luhan the remaining drips of ice cream off the popsicle stick. It was finished, but he liked the taste of strawberry, so he kept it. Carefully, he sat down on that bench. It was burning hot, but that didn't stop Luhan.


 


"Sehun-ah, come here! This is my favorite park bench!" Luhan pointed eagerly for the younger to see.

Sehun nodded with a smile, not really interested in a wood park bench that is probably, what, ten years older than him? "Ahh... I see."

"And this is where I carved my childhood..." Luhan then pointed at the little drawing he made on the tree. Sehun was amazed by how long that tree lived, and how long Luhan spent his childhood days here.

"Aww, this is so cute." He cooed.

"Pfft." Luhan laughed dryly. "Cute, my ."

"No seriously, it's cute, like you." Sehun whispered those last words, but they were still audible.

Luhan blushed.

'Yes! My pick-up line succeeded!' Sehun thought.


 


He sighed as he stood up again and walked behind it. He approached a huge tree that gave shade, and happiness. Luhan laughed quietly as he searched for something.

"Bingo!" He muttered.

Luhan dusted off the dirt from the tree, revealing a small drawing. It was of  a stick figure, saying: Luhan was here!

As you could tell, Luhan did this a long, long time ago.

He settled back to the bench, still exhausted from the heat. Everything was so happy and exciting back then, why did it have to change? Maybe it's for the better? Yeah, maybe...

A sigh escaped his lips.

Another sigh.

Followed by another one.

And another one.

Again,

and again.


"I miss the old days..."

coded by edelweiss. do not remove the credits.