001

Back In Time
 

Chapter One - Time

THEY  SAY  TIME  flies,  but  you  keep  breaking  it's  wings.


          "Merry Christmas... Oh Sehun. Merry Christmas..."

Luhan shed a tear and it slowly flowed down his cheeks, dripping onto the white snow. He just wanted Sehun back, he didn't care if the world collapses, he only wanted Sehun. Only Sehun. He knew that Sehun hated him, but he was sorry. He didn't mean to let him go easily. Luhan was young and stupid, he didn't understand the true meaning of love, up until now.

Luhan sighed deeply and looked into the direction that Sehun was a while ago. He couldn't believe that he let go of someone so precious; he was really stupid back then. Really, really stupid.

"Why did I do this...? Why?" Luhan frustatedly kicked the snow in anger. "Why, why, why?"

People stared. He didn't care.

He was just heartbroken.

The blonde boy finally stopped for a breath and panted. He looked above at the sky again. The snow was getting heavier as time passes, but the stars were getting lesser and lesser.

Luhan gulped down the lump in his throat and blinked hard. He sighed as he kicked more snow off the ground. He didn't care who was watching, he needed to let out his frustration.

The imaginary gears in his brain started creaking. More memories of Sehun scrambled in his head. His voice, that cute voice of his, his face, that pale skin. Those thoughts had Sehun's name written all over. Luhan couldn't hold it anymore, he misses Sehun so badly. He just can't live without him. He can't.

Luhan sighed deeply, massaging his temples. His life changed ever since he met Sehun, and his life changed again when Sehun left.

"I wish I could turn back the clock, to when I- no, we- were happy together..."

Luhan shut his eyes slowly and a tear escpaed. For some unknown reason, the trickling snow on his face wasn't to be felt, and it was no longer cold at all.

For some reason, his bulky winter coat was replaced with light summer clothes. He felt lighter.

For some reason, his heart feelt different, He felt happy.

"Strange..." Luhan muttered. "Very strange..."

The boy felt a bit frieghtened if he would opened his eyes- and he was.

In a blink of an eye, everything around him slowly fadded away. The snow stopped and it became clear and sunny, it suddenly was morning. Luhan blinked hard and was amazed by the sight. He couldn't figure out what happened, nor he could tell if it was real.

"What happened?" He asked as he scrathed his head in confusion.

It was just a simple wish. Those stuff never actually happened in real life- or so he thought. He didn't know it would seriously work. Luhan was awestruck. He still couldn't believe that... that... time turned back..? Did it really? Or is he just in Wonderland?

"Where am I...?"

7:00.

"What...?" He couldn't understand the feeling he had. He felt happy, yet sad at the same time. It was something rumbling in his stomach, probably the butterflies that he had, or maybe his empty stomach is hungry since Luhan was stubborn and didn't eat any dinner.

Grumble grumble.

Yep. It's probably because he was hungry.

Rubbling his stomach, Luhan groaned and looked up into the sky. Blue and white was all he saw. The fluffy clouds blended with the clear, blue sky. Just a few minutes ago, it was snowing like heck, and now, it's clear.

"What the is going on...?" Luhan mumbled to himself as he looked around. It was exactly where he stood during... Christmas? The thought of Sehun came up his head and he cringed.

"Oh no..."

Immediately sighing, he stumbled around in circles trying to recollect what exactly happened to time. It was Christmas, and now it's not. It was snowing, and now it's not. It was winter, and now it's... summer?

Luhan massaged his temples, head dunked, and sighed again and again, yet nothing appears in his head; just a blank page.

Not aware that he looked a bit stupid-looking, people were already staring.

"Mom, what's wrong with that person?" Asked a little boy, the same little boy on Christmas.

Luhan totally froze and knew that the kid was talking about him. Luhan glared at the boy with his mom and felt embarassed. He bowed slightly and fast-walked to the nearby café which was right infront.

He sighed and wiped the sweat off his forehead. It was probably summer, since it was freaking hot outside.

Luhan entered the café, and the small bell hanging off the door rang. It sounded soothing, since it's been a long time since he's been in a café, because that's where he first met Sehun.

The vintage posters on the wall, the raw umber wooden tables and chairs, and the aroma of coffee spread throughout the place. It reminded Luhan of the old days, the days when everything was happy, remember those days? Yeah, those days. Those days of unlimited happiness, those days of joy and laughter. Those were the days when Luhan never thought that Sehun was 'the one'. Those days when he would ignore Sehun, wanting to get away from his as possible. Those days were fun. Were. For Luhan, that is. Sehun didn't who what the was up with Luhan ignoring his calls and texts.

The Chinese boy took his time to scan up everything in the place. From here to there, and there to here, he carefully studied every detail. All the happy memories came back to him. It almost felt like time turned back- Well, it actually did. He kept on observing everything, he didn't notice a person was walking in his way.

CRASH!

"I-I'm so sorry!" Luhan apologized, immediately bending down to pick up the pieces of broken mug pieces. The coffee spilled, the mug broke, and Luhan felt apologetic as ever.

"I-it's o-okay..." 

"I'm really sorry, I didn't see you walking..." Luhan apologized again.

"Don't be sorry, it was my fault..." The man spoke. His voice was familiar, soft and sweet. Kind of like Sehun's. No, correction - A lot like Sehun's.

Luhan looked at him and their eyes locked.

It was him.

It was Sehun.

"Excuse me for asking, but what's wrong...?" Sehun asked. Hearing his voice again snapped Luhan back to reality. Its such a long time since Sehun had spoken politely to him. Time really flew. Really.

"Oh, nothing..." 

Everything was clear now. Luhan finally realized why time turned back, because of that wish. God probably listened to him for the first time.

"Thank you." Luhan whispered, grinning as he picked up the little mug pieces.

"'Thank you' for what?" 

"Oh, nothing."

Sehun tilted his head in confusion and chuckled. Oh how Luhan missed his laughs. "Are those the only words that you know? 'I'm sorry' and 'oh, nothing'?" 

Luhan didn't know how to reply. Everything was a blur, only Sehun in his mind. Nothing could stop him now, it's now or never. Now or never.

C'mon you could do it, Luhan. Just believe in yourself. Just do it. Go.

"...I-I g-guess s-so..."

Wow, what a fail.

Sehun smiled and giggled."Finally you say something other than those two phrases." 

"Say... you look really familiar." Sehun stared directly in Luhans eyes."Have we met before?"

"No, I d-don't think so..."

"Well, I guess I should introduce myself then. Hi, I'm Oh Sehun."

coded by edelweiss. do not remove the credits.