Prologue

Back In Time
 

Prologue - Christmas Day

I'm struggling to find you, whom i cannot see, nor hear.

         
          The cold winter breeze of late December blew across the town. Luhan walked alone on a street filled with lights. He passed many people- families, couples, kids, and even single men like him, though the only difference is that they were happily smiling. He stopped and stared at the glowing lanterns in the night sky. The mesmerizing light captured him, as well as other people.

Everything looked so beautiful, everyone was happy. Everyone except one person; Luhan.

It was that one special day of the year again, Christmas. The day that he hated the most. It wasn't beacuse of the cold, it wasn't because of the celerbrations, he just hated it because he got his heart broken on that day. His bruised heart was shattered into pieces, just by that one guy; Oh Sehun.

Luhan sighed, staring at the brick floor while walking, and suddenly, white snow started to accumulate on the dry ground. Without a doubt, he knew that it was snowing, and it was. He looked above and the snow was blended in with the glowing stars in the dark night sky. It looked amazingly beautiful. 


If only he was here, everything would be perfect.

"Wow! It's snowing!" A little boy chirped, pointing towards the sky, spinning in circles as joy filled him up.

The little boy reminded Luhan of his childhood. Everything was happy without a care in the world. Nothing to be bothered about, everything was clear and pure back in the old days.

"If only I could turn back the clock, to maybe just a year ago? Maybe if I turned back my heart, maybe I would be a different person than I am now? Maybe. Just maybe." The blonde heaved a sigh, frowning as he slid his hands into the thick pockets of his jacket. "Maybe."

All the people were staring at the amazing sight of snow. He felt envious to those around him. They were all cuddling with their families and friends, and then there was Luhan, all alone with no one to hold.

"I'm lonely..." The boy talked to himself. It was true, and he finally admitted it.

The bright lights and decorations surrounded him, but he was just searching for one special place, one special item, one special person; Oh Sehun. The Chinese boy continued walking blindly. Literally. Without him knowing, tears had already blurred his vision just by thinking of him. His face, his scent, his everything. All Luhan wanted was Sehun. 

"I always thought you would be there like air, so I foolishly let you go, I'm so sorry..."

The snow fell heavier and heavier, more people were getting out of their houses just to enjoy the Christmas evening. Now more people were outside, surrounding Luhan. They were all in groups, or in while Luhan was like a lost puppy in the middle of no where.

He thought everyone was looking at him- he felt embarassed, being all alone on Christmas. He covered his tears with his scarf and fled in the other direction as fast as he could. Without looking at the way, he accidentally bumped into someone.

"Sorry!" Luhan apologized. "I'm terribly sorry!"

"I'm okay..." The person spoke, a bit of pain in his voice.

It was familiar, too familiar.

He looked down at the fallen person and there he was, the person that Luhan had been searching all year for.

"S-Sehun...?"

Sehun's eyes popped at the sight of seeing Luhan again. He quickly stood up clumsyly and dusted the snow off his coat. With his strange body language, Luhan could tell that he wanted to escape from here- and he did.

"L-look, I have to go now..." He murmured, already far from Luhan's reach.

Sehun ran. He ran away from Luhan. It felt horrible.

The latter faded in the snow and all Luhan did was stand there like a fool, thinking if this was reality, or a dream. His consciousness woke him up and he finally realized-

it's not a dream.

"W-wait!" Luhan caught up, trying to find Sehun in the isolated place. The boy grabbed Sehun's shoulder aggresively, making the younger one turn his whole body around.

The boy's face was full of worry. He knew it was a bad idea to come out on the streets on Christmas, he knew Luhan would be there. He just knew it.

"What do you want?" Sehun asked, his tone was harsh, yet still with a bit of pain inside.

Luhan couldn't say anything. He was just admiring how he's actually looking at his love after one year of separation. He couldn't even think properly. Everything was in slow motion- that's when Luhan realized that he really loved him.

"I asked, what do you ing want?!" Sehun shouted. He was frustrated. He didn't know why, he just suddenly had the urge to get mad.

Luhan dunked his head down, knowing that he wouldn't want to reply.

"I don't have time for your , Luhan..." Sehun muttered as he turned and walked away. He faded slowly into the crowd of people, his footprints on the snow being the last reminder to Luhan. Once again, the boy was alone.

Luhan sighed softly and wiped his tear off. He knew Sehun hated him. He knew that he didn't want him back. Luhan was too stupid to realize that his lover was already gone. Their love was gone. Gone.

Before going back home to cry, Luhan looked up into the sky. It was filled with white snow and shining stars. They looked just like Sehun; beautiful.

Luhan shut his eyes closed and felt the snowflakes fall on his cheeks, it felt cold, yet soothing. He sighed for one last time and wished upon a star.

"Merry Christmas, Oh Sehun, merry Christmas..."

coded by edelweiss. do not remove the credits.