Later

Double Trouble - Mini Fic

Both Bang parents were on their back to Daehyun andYoungjae's, breaking the allowed speed limit. Nothing matter more right now then making it back to make sure their son was okay. Daehyun was calming Junhong down while Youngjae tended to Jongup as much as he could, which was very hard considering he didn't know what to do. In just a matter of seconds of calling his name, Jongup came too and looked at YoungJae.

“Aunty Youngjae can I have cookies?”

“I- you- but- sure?” Was all Youngjae could sputter out as an answer to the six year old. Jongup headed to the kitchen and pulled himself up on a chair at the kitchen table. Youngjae was absolutely fixated on what just happened as he slowly pulled out some oreos and a small glass of milk for Jongup.

“Hyung okay now?” Junhong asked Daehyun as he watched his brother munch happily on the cream filled cookies. 

“I guess so..would you like to join him Junhonggie?” The cheeky toddler nodded. Daehyun carried him over and placed Junhong on a chair carefully and guided the sides for Junhong to adjust himself on his small knees. Sharing the cookies and milk, Daehyun walked over to Youngjae and embraced his partner in a hug.

“Are you okay Jae?”

“Yeah..just a little shocked. Himchan had mentioned that Jongup seizures but I didn't know what signs to look for in case it occurred, nothing. I was really scared, Himchan and Yongguk are on their way here.” A few minutes passed and the screams of the toddlers startled Daehyun and YoungJae.

“Umma and appa!”

“Jae, say something like that to make cheesecake appear that fast!” Giving his husband a swift slap in the back of the head, Youngjae watched as both Bang parents rushed into the house.

“Jonguppie!” Himchan ran over to the boys and Yongguk talked to YoungJae and Daehyun about what happened. Youngjae told his friend everything that happened throughout the day since the time he dropped the boys off with himself and Daehyun. It was perfectly fine from the drop off, to playing toys and watching tv to having lunch.

“When I put Pororo on, both of them sat in the living room with apple juice in sippy cups and watched it normally. I noticed Jongup looking at the bottom corner of the tv.” Youngjae commented. “When I tried calling him to see if he wanted animal crackers with Junhong...he didn't respond. Like he couldn't hear me.”

“Yongguk you should know, Jongup always responds to his name. It's weird. Just a few minutes ago before you guys had shown up he finally snapped out of his state. Himchan told us about his seizures but we don't know what to look for. Does that sound familiar hyung?”

“I'm not sure. Himchan-ah, does any of this sound familiar to you?” Yongguk called as he looked over to Himchan. Himchan had Jongup in his arms and cradled him close to his chest, as if he was protecting Jongup from a storm. “Himchan? What's wrong?”

“N-nothing.” Himchan's voice rose quietly. “I'm just glad Jongup is okay.” Giving Jongup a kiss on his temple, Himchan let him continue to munch on the cookies. Walking over to the group of three, Youngjae noticed the bloodshot eyes of his hyung. He could read the pain and heartbreak that dreaded throughout.

“Hyungs please sit, I'll make some tea.” Himchan, Daehyun and Yongguk sat on the couch and engaged in small conversation while Youngjae scurried to the kitchen to make some hot tea. Daehyun patted Himchan's thigh in comfort as he watched his hyung call someone on his phone, probably Jongup's doctor. Junhong carefully climbed down the chair and ran into the living room were the grownups where and held his arms out to his father.

“Appa up!” Yongguk let out a small smile and picked Junhong up, setting him into his lap. Curling up into his father, Junhong let out small sigh of content. He was happy that his father came back, he liked being with his uncle and aunt but being with his father was twelve times better.

“Here is some tea for everyone.” Youngjae announced, bringing out a tray of tea cups with the teapot and sugar. Everyone grabbed a cup and added what they liked; Youngjae placed the tray on the counter and sat on the recliner.

“Hyung, do you know what type of 'condition' Jongup has that caused what occurred earlier?”

“He has what they like to call 'Absence Seizures', for now that's what they believe is causing his “day dreaming” or ignoring to occur. The doctor's say he will most likely grow out of it by the time he's twenty at the latest. Adults rarely have it, it's for more children from the ages of four to eighteen typically.” Himchan stated. “It's really rare to catch when the person has it because like I said earlier, it could easily pass by being pronounced as day dreaming. Minor cases last up to ten seconds, severe last up to twenty seconds. Jongup phases out and once he snaps back into reality, I guess is what you could call it, he'll resume his normal activity of what he was doing before.”

“So that's probably why he randomly asked you for cookies Jae. Jongup was probably watching Pororo and was about to ask you for some Oreo's then he had his seizure. Once he snapped back, he resumed asking you.”

“It's all making sense now.” Youngjae commented. “Huh...is there anything to help it? Make it maybe less active?” Himchan looked at his friend.

“Not that I know of personally. I called Jongup's doctor and requested an appointment. Since it's time for Junhong and Jongup's yearly health exam and shots, I figured I would ask the doctor when we go in a few days.”

“No umma. I don't want to go! Not to doctor's!” Jongup whined as he walked into the living room.

“Jonguppie, you have to go. It's  for your health. Don't you want to be healthy like appa and umma?” Jongup responded with crossing his arms and flaring his nostrils in anger. 

Yongguk, along with Himchan and the boys stayed with Daehyun and Youngjae for dinner and then headed out the door to go home. Not without saying thank you of course. Strapping the boys into their car seats and getting into the vehicle, Yongguk pulled out of the driveway and honked the horn as he drove off. Down the highway into Seoul, Yongguk stole a glance at Himchan before he spoke.
“Himchannie, I am really sorry about what happened five years ago...please forgive me?”

“I don't want to talk about this with the boys in the car.”

“Himchan, I-”

“No, Yongguk. We'll discuss it at another time.”

 

Another update!! *pops confetti* As you guys can tell, it's starting to die down a bit so to finish up this story hopefully in the the next 1-3 chapters, tell me what YOU would like to see end this story!?

Btw...you guys where vicious towards Yonggukkie! Holy moly....

Remember,no silent readers! Comment, subscribe and upvote!

I am thinking of a new story already featuring BAP! Anyone interested already?