Point of No Return

Double Trouble - Mini Fic

Sitting at home, Yongguk did his usually business work in the morning – or as much as he could before Junhong had woke up. Although it was morning for work, Yongguk was confused. He had spending a lot of time at Himchan's, for the sake of the kids, or it would be Himchan and Jongup coming over to his apartment. Yesterday lingered in his head..

 

I'm back.”

 

Hello Yongguk,” Himchan greeted him with a small kiss on the cheek. “I'm making bulgogi for dinner, it'll be done in just a few.”

 

Where are the troublesome two?” Yongguk looked around for the kids as he placed the keys on the hook and wrapped his coat around the back of a chair.

 

They've been in their room all day.” 

 

 

Hmph...Himchan said he wanted nothing to do with me. Seems like he's reverted back to his old ways.” A smile crept on his lips. “Ah...Himchannie...you silly pabo.”

 

Junhong looked from behind the wall at his father, he noticed a smile. Returning the smile to himself, Junhong went out into the small living room and the tv, as to not disturb his father. Turning the channel to MTV Music Bank, Junhong was in a trance as he watched the idols perform on stage. Yongguk continued his work while Junhong was still to be thought sleeping.

 

~

 

Jongup sat on the grand piano as Himchan warmed up his fingers and voice. It was a typical Thursday morning routine for the Kim family. Both Jongup and Himchan would go to the local town dance academy and have a fun time with the piano and huge practice room filled with mirrors. It was there way to bond.

 

Umma, I like when you play. It's good!” Jongup smiled happily.

 

Thanks Jonguppie.” Himchan laughed. He continued to warm up. “I'm still wondering where you got your dance moves from. Sure has heck wasn't your father and I.” Jongup laughed his little head off at his mother.

 

Momma, are you gonna sing? You don't sing since appa left.”

 

I am...I-I want too. Do you want to help?”

 

Can I umma!?” Himchan laughed.

 

Of course. Follow me, okay? This is a song I heard and it means so much to eomma.” Jongup nodded as Himchan started to play.

 

Have you ever hated yourself for staring at the phone?
Your whole life waiting on the ring to prove you're not alone
Have you ever been touched so gently you had to cry?
Have you ever invited a stranger to come inside?

It's only half past the point of oblivion
The hourglass on the table, the walk before the run
The breath before the kiss, and the fear before the phrase
"Have you ever felt this way?"

 

Himchan looked at Jongup as he swayed side to side with the music. 'Ready?' he whispered as he played out the music. Jongup nodded and sang along with his mother.


La la la la la la la la

 

The piano faded out and Jongup clapped happily as Himchan did. Jongup started to slid off the piano on his stomach, but due to his shortness, his legs dangled in the air helplessly. Himchan stood up and grabbed Jongup and placed him on the floor with a slight chuckle escaping his lips. Turning, Jongup looked at the door way then up to Himchan.

 

Umma, was that song about appa?”

 

Why the sudden question dear?”

 

Well...it sounds like a song for appa. You loved appa, umma. I think he still loves you as well.” Himchan crouched to Jongup's level.

 

Ah, I see. Jongup, you see...appa and I got into a fight a long time ago. I'm not sure we could ever get back together. We do get along right now but-”

 

But what?”

 

Yongguk!” Himchan turned around and looked into the eyes of his passed lover.

 

Uppie hyung!”

 

Junhong!!”

 

Why are you telling Jongup lies?” Yongguk walked towards Himchan as Junhong ran over to Jongup and gave him a hug. “If I recall … you gave me a kiss yesterday when I visited to pick up Junhong from your apartment.”

 

I-”

 

Himchan, just tell me...I have so much stuff against you. Tell me what you want to say.” Himchan looked into Yongguk's eyes, as his own, were on the brink of tears. He wasn't ready to talk.

 

I'm sorry...I can't” The mother walked passed Yongguk; before he could leave, Yongguk his heels and grabbed Himchan's arm in a light grasp.

 

Himchan. You can't hide. Just please...tell me.” It was a moment in Himchan's life he thought he would never see again. The walls felt like they were closing in as he had 3 sets of eyes staring him down.

 

Umma, tell appa what you want!”

 

Yeah umma!”

 

Yongguk,” Himchan started out. He lifted his head and looked at Yongguk as a tear dropped down his face. “I still love you.”

 

~~~

 

Hello everyone! Do you like the update? I hope soo...I think my writing skills are going down -__- The song Himchan sang was  'Glitter in the Air' by P!nk :)