Reunited

Double Trouble - Mini Fic

APPA! APPA! AAAPPPAAA!!!!” Yongguk turned in his chair in time to have a small child fling himself into his arms. The child nuzzled his face into Yongguk’s stomach before he looked up with a smile. “Appa go to park?”

How about in one hour Jello? Appa has to finish mixing this song and then we can go, it should only take an hour. Do you think you can entertain yourself for a few?” Junhong nodded, making his curly blonde hair bounce. Pulling away from Yongguk, Junhong ran down the hallway and back into the living room and grabbed a bucket. Dumping the blocks onto the ground, the small child settled himself in the middle and started to build. Yongguk placed his headphones back on with one ear open in case Junhong called. That hour soon passed before the toddler was back at his dad’s side, pulling on his nice red shirt.

Appa! Park!”

Alright alright,” Yongguk chuckled. “Let me just save this, go put on your sneakers.” With that, Junhong disappeared again. Saving the file on his computer and an extra on this thumb drive for back up, Yongguk shut the computer down and walked out to meet up with his son. He stopped in his tracks when he noticed Junhong attempted to dress himself. Trying to hold in a burst of laughter, Yongguk crouched next to Junhong and fixed his attire. Placing his polar bear hat on evenly, Yongguk slipped his Air Jordans on and tied his black trench coat at the waist; taking Junhong’s hand, the father son team headed off to the park.

It was late autumn and the air was fresh with the smell of crisp, fallen leaves and the wind was just a tad chilly. Yongguk zipped up Junhong before he let him run off to the jungle gym at full charge, luckily for this single daddy, he was prepared on entertaining himself while Junhong played. Running around the jungle gym, Junhong stopped and looked up at the monkey bars. Waddling over to the bars to get up there, Junhong climbed up and stood on the top pole and held onto the side bar; reaching high up, Junhong let out a sigh as he was a little smaller then the needed height to get up there. Pouting with much frustration as a 5 year old, he carefully climbed down and ventured off to find something else to do; in so doing this, he found a small boy sitting in the sandbox playing with a shovel. Tilting his head, Junhong trotted over to the sandbox and sat down next to the boy.

Annyeong! I’m Junhong, appa calls me Jello or Zelo. I’m five, do you mind if I play with you?”

Sure…m-my name is Jongup. My umma calls me Guppie. I’m six.” Jongup was shy and quite.

Guppie hyung!” Junhong squealed out excitedly. Junhong grabbed the two monster trucks that sat next to him and handed one over to his new friend. The two kids played monster truck racing for what seemed hours- making engine noises and laughs filling the air, the kid’s ears picked up a calling.

Junhong!! Junhong it’s time to go!” Yongguk called, waving over to the two boys so Junhong could see him.

Appa’s calling. I guess I go.”

Guppie!” They turned to see a handsome male with his hair a medium chocolate color, dressed in a denim jacket and scarf calling for Jongup.

That’s my umma. I guess I have to go too.”

He’s your umma!?”

Ne, it’s hard to talk out but I love umma.” Jongup stood up. “I guess I’ll see you next time Jello.”

Ani! I want your umma to meet my appa! Maybe you or me can come over sometime! But your umma and my appa gots to meet.”

Okay! I’ll go get umma.” The kids split their ways and ran over to their parents; tugging at their sleeves, the children made a ruckus and attempted to pull them along.

Jongup what has gotten into you?! You were never like this.” Himchan asked as he followed Jongup over to the sandbox.

I’m coming Junhong, I’m coming. Slow down.” Yongguk followed Junhong over to the sandbox as well. Meeting in the middle, Yongguk and Himchan were face to face after years, looking at one another in the eyes.

Appa, this is Guppie hyung’s umma! We wanted you to meet another so we can visit each one’s house.”

Bang Yong Guk.”

Bang Himchan.” The kids let out a gasp and looked at their parents.

It’s Kim, KIM Himchan. I had it legally changed back to my maiden name after the divorce.” Himchan looked down at the small blonde before him. Junhong looked at Himchan with big brown puppy eyes and pink cheeks. “Ah, are you my little Junhong? My, you have grown up so well my dear. You are getting to be a big boy aren’t you?” Junhong ran behind Yongguk’s legs and looked passed them.

Appa what’s he saying?” Yongguk pulled Junhong out from behind him and crouched to his level.

Junhong, this is going to be hard to understand but, Himchan is your umma…and Jongup – is your brother.”

~

Playing along with one another in the living room, JongUp and Junhong laughed and laughed as they were playing with Junhong’s building blocks and crashed into their creations with their trucks, watching the buildings collapse. While the kids played, Himchan and Yongguk were in the kitchen having a meaningful discussion on what they were going to do after Yongguk had opened his mouth.

All I’m saying is, Junhong loves Jongup, why can’t he spend the night?”

Because Yongguk, you gave Jongup to me when we divorced. He doesn’t need to be around you.” Yongguk sighed. Himchan could be difficult when he wanted to be.

Alright, how you the both of you spend the night that-” Himchan scoffed.

Excuse me, we divorced for a reason. Why would I want to be in the same building as you let alone in the same room?”

You didn’t let me finish.” Yongguk stated. “You both can spend the night, Junhong and Jongup can spend time with one another and sleep in the same room. I’ll take the couch and you can have my bed, that way – the boys can play and we don’t have to be together in the same room.” Himchan contemplated the thought. He lived for making Guppie happy and watching him play with his brother was making him the happiest at this very moment. Rubbhing his temple, Himchan nodded.

Fine. Boys, can you come here?” Taking each others hands, JongUp and Junhong walked out in to the kitchen and looked at their parents.

Yes umma?”

Your appa and I have decided that Jongup and I are going to spend the night, that way you guys can be together and play. Does that sound okay?” Their kids’ faces lit up and they attacked their parents with hugs.

THANK YOU APPA AND UMMA!” Himchan and Yongguk laughed as they picked each child up and held them. Himchan handed Jongup over to Yongguk as he grabbed his coat and put it on.

Jongup, I’ll be right back okay? I’m going to go over to the house and grab some extra pairs of clothes, be good for appa.”“Okay umma! I will!” Himchan gave Jongup a kiss on the forehead and left Yongguk’s apartment. Yongguk placed the boys on the ground and squatted to their level.

Alright boys, what do you want to play? I have no music to work on right now so I’m yours to play.” Junhong and Jongup looked at one another and smirked. Yongguk blinked at their action.

WRESTLE!!!!!!”

Only a half hour passed as Himchan walked up the steps back to Yongguk’s apartment door. He grabbed the handle and the door swung open to reveal Yongguk face first on the ground and Jongup clung onto his neck and Junhong trying to pull his leg back. Himchan raised an eyebrow as he shut the door quietly.

What are you two monsters doing?”

Wrestle match with appa. We winning!” Junhong smiled happily. Himchan let out a chuckle as he stepped over the wrestling match taking place on the ground and placed his and Jongup’s over night bag on the floor.

Yongguk.” The rapper lifted his head and looked over at Himchan. “I’ll make dinner since you’re a little preoccupied at the moment. Chicken or steak?”

Hmm…steak.”

HE’S UP! GET HIM!”

RAWRRRRR!!!” The kids attacked Yongguk again as Himchan subtly shook his head and started to cook dinner.

~

Yongguk had a harmony stuck in his head while he picked up the dinner table. For a five and a six year old, they weren’t that sloppy of eaters, which – Yongguk was thankful for. Himchan placed a giggling Junhong in the bubble bath right in front of JongUp. He watched as the kids splashed and laughed with one another. Grabbing a handful of tear free shampoo, Himchan washed both of their heads and then washed their tiny bodies with green apple body wash. Rinsing and drying his hands off, Himchan leaned back against the counter in the bathroom and watched the two brothers play. Yongguk walked down the hall way and picked up the sound of the kids’ laughter. Peering around the corner, the young father smiled at the sight.

Reminds you of old times, hm?” Himchan jumped at his comment but settled easily.

Yeah…JongUp hasn’t smiled this much in a long time; it warms my heart to see him this happy. Thank you for letting us spend this time with you and Junhong.”

Aniyo,” Yongguk stood next to Himchan. “thank you for letting JongUp stay, and yourself as well. Junhong always asked about his mother when he was three and four but when he hit five, it all of the sudden stopped. I’m glad he knows of you now.” Getting the shampoo out of their hair, Yongguk and Himchan each picked up a child and wrapped them up in a towel.

Guppie, got a ducky!”

Jello you got a kitty!” The pointed to each others heads in astonishment to the animal head towels their parents had picked out.

Alright munchkins, time to get in your pajamas and into bed. It’s bed time.”

UMMA!!!!!” Junhong and JongUp groaned.

Now kids, do what umma says or the appa monster will get you!” The boys screamed as they ran off with their towels tightly wrapped around them and headed to Junhong’s room as Yongguk slowly stomped after them. Himchan let out a small burst of laughter and trailed after. He hoped after all the adventure of today, JongUp would get a peaceful night of sleep. The boys jumped into Junhong’s bed and curled under his Winnie The Pooh blanket; looking at their parents Yongguk and Himchan had both taken turns giving them a hug and a kiss good night. Himchan ran this fingers through JongUp’s hair and smiled.

Get a good night sleep Guppie.”

I promise umma.”

That’s my boy. I’m down in Yongguk’s room and he’ll be on the couch if either one of you need us. Okay?”

Yes umma.”

Yongguk and Himchan shut the light off and closed the door slighty ajar, just enough for the hall light to creep in. Heading out into the living room, Yongguk crashed on the couch while Himchan had taken the sofa chair, changing the channel to a music show that was talking about American R&B- Yongguk buried himself under his red fluffy comforter, eyes barely peeking out to watch the show.

You haven’t changed have you?”

Nope, I love my fluffy blanket and music.” Himchan let out a chuckle as he stood up.

I’ll leave you with your two loves Bbang. If JongUp gets up and comes to you, please get me.”

Yes dear.” he teased. Himchan stuck out his tongue like a 7 year old and headed off to bed. After changing into his pajama’s, he crawled into Yongguk’s bed and made himself comfortable. All the smells and memories hit him like a bullet train. His cologne was the worst of it. Himchan shook his head and tried to ignore it, sounding asleep.

~

Around 1am, and JongUp stared to toss and turn in his sleep. His mind raced and raced, causing him to sweat; letting out a tiny gasp JongUp sat up and rubbed his eyes. Smacking his dry lips to get some moisture in them, JongUp quietly got out of Junhong’s bed and walked out to the living room. His blurried vision caught Yongguk fast asleep and he walked over, tugging on his blanket.

Yongguk appa…” No movement. “Yongguk appa….” he tried a little louder which made the rapper flinch. “YONGGUK. APPA.” JongUp called out and ripped the blanket off of his father. Yongguk bolted up and looked around.

Guppie?” He looked around for the digital clock on his DVR player. “It’s 1:20 in the morning. What are you doing up?”

I can’t sleep appa…”

Come here,” Yongguk opened his arms and JongUp gladly accepted the invitation. “tell me what’s going on.” JongUp had taken a moment before he explained to Yongguk what was going on in his life.

Himchan woke up with a sudden thirst for milk, moving the comforter off of his body, he got out of bed and walked down the hall. He could hear small hiccups coming from the living room; picking his pace up he came out to the living room to see Yongguk holding JongUp as he attempted to hold back his tears.

Umma!”

JongUp!” Himchan ran over and knelt down in front of him. “Is everything alright? Are you okay?” he looked at Yongguk. “I told you to come and get me if he woke up.” he snarled quietly at his former partner.

I know, I was just about too. I wanted him to tell me what was going on so I knew; you never told me he had ‘special’ issues.”

Something is always wrong with me! I have dyslexia, dyscalculia, and I can’t sleep! What is it dys-sleepia?!”

It’s insomnia sweetheart.”

I knew there would be a name for it! There’s a name for everything that is wrong with me!” Burying his face in the crook of Yongguk’s neck, JongUp cried and cried loudly, causing a sleeping Junhong to wake up.

Appa, is Guppie okay?” The parents turned and seen Junhong standing there with his Tigger at his side and his eyes filled with worry.

Guppie is okay. He was just having a rough night, that’s all.” Junhong ran over and sat in Himchan’s lap.

Guppie hyung,” JongUp looked down at his little brother. “Tigger is here to wisten. He is best for wistening. Here..” Handing JongUp his Tigger, JongUp smiled as he held it tightly to his chest.

Thank you Jello.”

How about we have a cookie and then back to bed?” Himchan suggested.

Otay!” the boys cheered happily.

Umma?” Himchan looked surprised as Junhong had called him ‘umma’ for the first time.

Yes Jello?”

Can Guppie hyung and I sweep with you and appa?” Himchan and Yongguk looked at one another, like they were speaking to one another in there heads.

Sure, you guys can sleep with us.” Himchan replied. Each grabbing a cookie and munching on it contently, the family headed down to Yongguk’s room and crawled into his bed. Yongguk, JongUp, Junhong and Himchan pulled the blankets over there bodies.

Goodnight boys.”

Night umma and appa!” It was peaceful for about five minutes before Junhong opened his mouth.

Umma, appa – are you gonna have another baby?”