Keep It A Secret

Double Trouble - Mini Fic

Days passed and Yongguk could tell Himchan distant himself from Yongguk a little more and more each day but he figured Himchan was just upset. Getting ready to go to TS Entertainment, Yongguk stopped in Junhong's room and gave the sleeping toddler a kiss on his head and picked up the small comforter that was in danger of touching the ground. Gently lifting Junhong's small arm, Yongguk placed the Tigger doll underneath and slowly placed his son's arm back down.

 

“I love you Junhonggie. I'll see you later tonight. Be good for Youngjae-ssi.” Shutting the door part way, he greeted Youngjae out in the living room. Even though it was six in the morning, Youngjae had no problem coming over to watch Junhong.

 

“He shouldn't be up for another hour or so. He likes to be up early. If you need me, all my contact info is on the counter.” Yongguk commented. Youngjae nodded and gave his hyung a pat on the shoulder.

 

“I got it covered.” With that, Yongguk headed out the door with the intention of making it up to Himchan once he was done at TS for the day.

 

~

 

Himchan woke up to Jongup tugging on his sleeve, wanting breakfast.

 

“Sorry Jonguppie. I know I'm running a little late this morning.”

 

“It's okay umma! It's afternoon time! I ate some animal crackers, I didn't want to disturb you.”

 

“That's sweet of you Uppie. Let's make lunch simple today okay? How about cereal?” Jongup nodded.

 

“Boo berry?”

 

“Yes you can have Boo Berry.” Getting up and swinging his feet over the edge, Himchan placed his feet into the slippers and followed JongUp out to the kitchen. Passing through the apartment, Himchan could feel the emptiness that it had. Everything seemed irreplaceable. Making himself and Jongup a bowl of ceral, Himchan poured the milk in and placed the small carton on the counter. Sitting the bowl in front of Jongup, the small child started to dig in. Himchan joined his side, getting some food in his system before their big day.

 

“Umma, did you talk to noona today?” Jongup asked, referring to Himchan's sister.

 

“Not yet. I'll call her when you take a shower today. No bathes, big boys take showers.” Jongup pouted slightly but nodded understanding why he had too. It was a big day today and Jongup didn't want to be the one to ruin it. Finishing, Jongup told Himchan he was going to take a shower and get dressed.

 

“Remember to dress warm! Winter's starting!”

 

“Yes umma!” Himchan watched Jongup run across the living room and shut the bathroom door. Tossing the empty carton and the throw away bowls and plastic ware, Himchan grabbed his cellphone and called his sister while he headed down to his room to get dressed.

 

“Hello?”

 

“Hi noona.”

 

“Himchan-ah! I thought I wouldn't hear from you. How are you and Jonguppie?” Himchan smiled as he pulled a sweater over his head.

 

“He's good. In the shower and we'll be ready to leave soon. He made sure I called noona first.” He could hear his sister laugh on the other side.

 

“Such a generous child you have, Himchan.”

 

“Of course, I am his mother.” Himchan chuckled with his sister. “Anyways, that's why I called. We'll be heading out later tonight. I have to make a couple stops then we'll be there shortly.”

 

“What time do you estimate?” Himchan pondered the thought.

 

“We'll be at your house by tomorrow. You know how the travel systems are nowadays, plus I don't want people recognizing myself or Jongup.” Himchan imagined his sister nodding on the other side of the phone.

 

“Alright. Text me when you are close.”

 

“Will do. Bye noona.”

 

“Bye Himchan-ah.”

 

Hanging up the phone, Himchan slipped the phone in his crisp clean jeans before he checked on Jongup. Not hearing the shower, Himchan walked to Jongup's room and saw the six year old struggling with a sweater. Smiling a bit, Himchan crouched over and adjusted the sweater. Jongup's head popped through the hole and he smiled happily. Finish dressing Jongup in jeans, boots, a jacket and a hat; Himchan shut Jongup's door. Standing in the living room, Himchan had taken a look around.

 

“Are you ready Jonguppie?”

 

“Yes umma.”

 

“Good boy.” Slipping his coat on and a hat himself, Himchan grabbed Jongup's hand and walked out the door. “Let's get going.” Himchan and Jongup walked out the apartment complex hand in hand, the cold weather entering Seoul, matched Himchan's heart.

 

A few hours passed and Himchan had taken Jongup into a local coffee shop to warm up. Setting their bags aside, Himchan ordered hot chocolate for Jongup and an Iced Americano for himself. It was cold but Himchan didn't care. He wanted his favorite caffeinated beverage. Receiving the order in a matter of minutes, Himchan carried the drinks over to the small table and placed Jongup's in front of him.

 

“It's hot so let it cool. Place your hands on the cardboard cup holder so you can stay warm but not get burned.” Jongup nodded and did as told. Letting the warmth pass through his body, Jongup giggled. His nose was a slight pink and cheeks to match. Himchan pulled out his phone, it was Thursday which meant Yongguk was at work and Youngjae was watching Junhong. Pushing the video call option, Himchan waited for Youngjae to pick up.

“Hyung? Why are you video calling me?”

 

“You sound offended.” Youngjae chuckled.

 

“Nah, just...it's weird. Anyways, where are you?”

 

“At a coffee shop with Jonguppie. He's enjoying some hot choc- Jongup be careful!” Himchan wiped Jongup's face quickly as the liquid started to drip down his face. Tunring back to Youngjae, Himchan relaxed. “Is Junhong awake?”

 

“Yeah, he's watching cartoons.” Youngjae's eyes looked passed the phone camera. “Junhong, umma Chan wants to talk to you.”

 

“Umma!!” Himchan could hear Junhong practically yell at the top of his lungs. This wasn't going to be easy. “Hi umma!” Junhong's face appeared as he climbed into Youngjae's lap on the couch.

 

“Hi Junnie. Are you being good for Youngjae hyung?” Junhong nodded.

 

“Yes umma. Hyung made breakfast and watched Pororo with me!” Himchan smiled at the enthusiasm Junhong shown. The pang in Himchan's heart rung out.

 

“Junhong, can you listen to mommy for a minute. Youngjae too.” Youngjae held out the phone a bit so they both were in the shot. Himchan had Jongup come over and sit on his lap so the kids could see one another. Himchan sighed. “Junhonggie...umma and hyung are leaving tonight. We love you so much, we promise to come see you.” Youngjae's eyes widened in the realization while Junhong, had started to cry. He wasn't going to see his mom or brother again anytime soon?! This is what Himchan wanted to avoid but he just couldn't. He wanted to make sure Junhong understood why he nor Jongup were not going to be around anymore.

 

“Junhonggie, don't cry!” Jongup tried to comfort his dongsaeng through the phone. Junhong cried louder, making the sound ring throughout the cafe.

 

“Sorry...” Himchan called to the few customers in shop. Turning the volume down a bit, Himchan looked at Junhong. “Junhong, you have to be a big boy. Please...smile for umma.”

 

“No!” Junhong pushed himself off of Youngjae and ran into his room.

 

“Junnie!” Youngjae yelled after the now, six year old. Looking back at the camera, Youngjae waited for Himchan to speak.

 

“Youngjae...please...keep this a secret from Yongguk. I don't want him coming after us. Jongup and I will be back to see Junhong soon. Just please, keep this a secret.” Sighing, Youngjae ran his hand through his hair.

 

“Fine, I promise. He's going to find out. Junhong is upset, he's father instincts will kick in.”

 

“Just keep it quiet for now, until Jongup and I are out of the city.”

 

“Okay, please be careful hyung.”

“Tell Junhong we love him. Say goodbye Junhong for us.”

 

“Bye hyung. Tell Junnie I love him.” Jongup said to Youngjae. The elder nodded and said his goodbye.

 

“Stay safe. Let me when you arrive to where ever you're going.” Ending the call, Himchan placed the phone of the table and held Jongup. His head was dropped, Himchan tried fighting the tears but a few slipped passed by.

 

“Don't cry umma.” Jongup said looking up at Himchan.

 

“I'm trying not too.” Himchan sniffed. “We should get going. Noona is waiting for us.” Throwing their empty cups out, Himchan grabbed his phone and picked up their bags that were at their feet. Popping the handle for Jongup, the toddler grabbed the handle and pulled his suitcase along. Walking down the streets of Seoul, Himchan had knew in his heart – this was the right decision.

 

“ I'll see you tomorrow bright and early.” Yongguk talked to Ahn Jaehyo, his new assistant. Jaehyo handed a file to Yongguk.

 

“It's the schedule of the new group. They'll be in tomorrow for practice and recording.” Jaehyo commented.

 

“Thank you. I'll see you tomorrow. Have a good night Jaehyo.”

 

“You too Yongguk-nim.” Departing ways, Yongguk pulled his coat on and headed out of TS Entertainment. Hailing a cab, Yongguk headed home to what would soon be his demise. Paying the fare, it not being a long ride, Yongguk thanked the driver and headed inside. Reaching the door, Yongguk heard Junhong screaming and crying. Opening the door and moving through the door, Yongguk witnessed as Youngjae ran by him, without any notice, with an armful of Tiggers – from his room. Dropping his suitcase, Yongguk rushed towards Junhong's room. Going through the door, Yongguk watched as Youngjae tried to mimick Tigger's voice and attempted to cheer up the toddler.

 

“What's wrong with Junhong?” Youngjae whipped around at the voice of Yongguk.

 

“Hyung, there's no time to explain. You have to go to the train station and stop Himchan!” Yongguk looked at Youngjae like he was messed up.

 

“What are you talking about Youngjae?”

 

“Himchan is taking Jongup and leaving Seoul!” Youngjae snapped. “They're probably at the train station waiting for their train. Go!” Yongguk's eyes widened and he backed tracked out of the room. Running out of the apartment complex, Yongguk hailed a cab on the turn of a dime and gave the driver direction to take him to the Seoul train station. Time was against Yongguk and his only mission: to stop Himchan from leaving Seoul.

 

Arriving and handing the driver some cash, Yongguk exited quickly and ran down the street. Bodies flooded around him, he panicked as he couldn't spot Himchan's face. He could see people entering the train, but as if the sound around him stopped – Yongguk could hear Jongup's high pitched voice.

 

“Umma! Look at this cool rock!!” Whipping his head around, Yongguk's eyes narrowed on the pair. Jongup placed the rock in his coat pocket and Himchan held his hand as they stepped on the train, looking for a seat. Yongguk tried to move through the crowd but it was rush hour, everyone was headed home after a long day at work.

 

“Himchan!” He called. “Himchan!” Pushing through more and more, Yongguk was shoved to the ground by accident. “Damn it.” Picking himself up, Yongguk's fear came too as the train doors closed and it had started to move. “No, no, no, no!” The train had taken off and Yongguk put his high school track years to work as he chased after it. Getting winded fast, his legs slowed down and he dropped to the ground. Tears fell from his face as Yongguk watched the train – his eyes connected with Himchan's as the mother looked out the window one last time.

 

Tell me guys

Did you cry? *hands tissues over* It's okay. Tell author-nim all about it...

I'll be posting the last chapter in the next few days! Thank you all for subscribing, commenting and loving this story! It means a lot to me. I have Silhouette still out (I don't know if it'll continue) but I have a new story out called Degenerate Beauty! Please check it out!

Love you guys!!!