A Day Early, but Never Too Late

Double Trouble - Mini Fic

Himchan hummed contently as he chopped up the apples before him and added some cinnamon on top. While the mother was in the kitchen, two heads popped up behind the couch. Turning towards each other, the small boys giggled quietly and slid down the couch.

 

“What do you think we should do for umma? It's umma's day after all! Appa should be in kitchen.” Junhong snorted at his brother, Jongup. The smiling angel tapped his chin in thought and pondered the small thoughts in his head.

 

“Follow me!” Jongup slid off the couch and ran towards their shared bedroom with a chubby Junhong in tow. Himchan eyed them as they ran off but returned to his baking with a small smile on his face. Himchan stayed at  home for the day while Yongguk, who was visiting, had to run to a unannounced business meeting, which left the troublesome twosome with the diva mother.

 

Grabbing a stool and putting it towards the colorful plastic stacking drawers and pulled on the blue drawer.

 

“Umma loves homemade stuff when I make it at school. Let's draw!” Junhong's eyes widened when Jongup pulled out some paper and picked up the coloring box; he accidentally dropped it, causing a mild crash.

 

“Jongup!” Himchan called from the kitchen. “Everything okay?”

 

“Yes umma! I dropped my color box!”

 

“Be careful okay?”

 

“Yes umma!”

 

Laying on the ground next to Junhong, Jongup opened his coloring box and gently dumped it on the ground. Each boy had taken a piece of paper and had started to work on their master pieces for the afternoon.

 

Putting the car in park, Yongguk stepped out of the car and something had caught a whiff in his nostrils. Taking a deep breath, Yongguk looked up towards the window and noticed a pie cooling off. A of the lips and he was on his way inside.

 

“I'm back.”

 

“Hello Yongguk,” Himchan greeted him with a small kiss on the cheek. “I'm making bulgogi for dinner, it'll be done in just a few.”

 

“Where are the troublesome two?” Yongguk looked around for the kids as he placed the keys on the hook and wrapped his coat around the back of a chair.

 

“They've been in their room all day.” Himchan replied as he added the ginger in the pot. “Now that I think about it...I didn't even hear Pororo on the tv. They must be up to something.” Yongguk chuckled at Himchan.

 

“I'll go check on them so you don't loose anymore of your luscious black locks.” As he headed down the hall, he counted to three before Himchan had caught on.

 

“WHAT'S THAT SUPPOSE TO MEAN?! YAH! BANG YONGGUK! COME BACK HERE!” The father walked down the hall and leaned onto the children's room door frame; watching the boys color and draw – Yongguk watched peacefully. Junhong felt another presence as he looked up.

 

“APPA!!!”

 

Catching the smiling blonde in a launched jump, Yongguk caught Jongup as well once he had launched himself.

 

“What are you two up too? You know umma Himchan is nervous....”

 

“Umma shouldn't be nerbous Yongguk appa!” Jongup smiled as he pulled himself out of the elder's grasp and picked up his and Junhong's drawings. “We made these for umma for umma's day!!”

 

“Umma's day?” Yongguk checked the mental calender in his head. “AH! You mean Mother's Day!” Letting out a deep chuckle, Yongguk patted the kids' heads. “You boys are a day ahead – Mother's Day is tomorrow; BUT I'm sure if you give umma these now, he will still love them.” The boys looked at each other before running out of their room, yelling for Himchan's attention.

 

“UMMA! UMMA!”

 

Himchan jumped and dropped the beef he was cutting up; looking at the sound coming closer and closer- he placed the knife on the cutting board and wiped his hands.

 

“Yes boys? Ah, ah, ah.... what is the rule in the kitchen?” Jongup and Junhong skidded to a stop and looked at Himchan.

 

“No running in the kitchen unless there's a fire.” They recited.

 

“Right. Now, what's the issue?”

 

“No issue umma!”

 

“None! Uppie and I drew for you!” Junhong smiled excitedly as they both held up their drawings to Himchan. Taking the papers from the boys, Himchan looked over the pictures. Junhong had drew a family stick portrait with each stick figured named with Hangul lettering. Jongup's picture was a giant heart ( cut from kid safety scissors ) and it had written on it 'Love umma like a rose!' Himchan didn't understand the phrase but loved it none the less.

 

“Thank you boys,” Himchan bent down and gave them a big hug. “I'll hang them up on the frid-”

 

“No umma! At work!”

 

“Yeah umma at work!”

 

“Haha, okay. At work I'll hang them up.”

 

“Happy umma's day!”

 

“But-”

 

“They're a day early.” Himchan looked up at Yongguk who walked into the kitchen behind the boys. “I told them you would love it a day early or a day late.”

 

“Of course,” Himchan picked up Junhong while Yongguk picked up Jongup. They all gathered in a group hug and the kids received a kiss on the cheek. “I would love anything you guys made me; at any day of the week.”

 

I hope you all enjoy this cute (short?) update! In case you are not aware - I'm in the process of moving so that's why everyone is recieveing little updates EXTREMELY late. My apologies! Enjoy! Rmemeber!!!! NO silent readers! <3 I edited a little bit to make things less confusiong - so please re-read if needed!