Armageddon

Double Trouble - Mini Fic

(Feel free to listen to this while you read ^^ {Link})

 

It was nearing Christmas, snow fell from the skies over Seoul and landed on the ground, giving it a light cover. It's been two months since Himchan had left Yongguk out of the blue. He was confused, angry, sad, emotions that anyone could feel after reuniting with someone you tried to avoid. Leaving Seoul was something he did and didn't regret. Truthfully, Himchan needed time to think – figure what he wanted to do with his life and Jongup's. Countless emails and voice mails filled the in boxes from Yongguk, wanting them to talk things out – for the kids and for themselves. If they weren't going to get back together, the least they could do was decide on visitation so the boys could grow up with each other.

 

Jongup peered out from behind his door, his eyes searching for his mother. Looking around, Jongup walked out of the room and searched the apartment. Himchan's sister rented out a room to Himchan for the time being in her home. She refused pay but spending time with her brother and nephew, and the occasionally cooking lesson was more then enough. Jongup's ears picked up the sound of a guitar being played. Running to the sound, Jongup came across of Himchan recording a song. He sat on a bench and pecked the piano keys with the pads of his fingers, getting the sound right. In front of him was a weird alien looking thing – to Jongup- but it was microphone hooked up to Himchan's laptop. Adjusting his sitting position, Himchan leaned a bit closer to the mic and started to sing.

 

Sayonara,my beloved, precious person.
Tears spill and turn to snow.
Sayonara,to the "me" who cried until yesterday.
Quietly now, close your eyes.
Brushing past my shoulder without ado,
You went to lean against the windowsill.
You were acting brave, yet shy,
I laughed a little,
And compelled, lightly kissed your cheek.
My gaze was riveted to you only
As you walked out of view.

Sayonara,my beloved, precious person.
Tears spill and turn to snow.
Sayonara,to the "me" who cried until yesterday.
Quietly now, close your eyes.

Sitting at a small table together,
There were only our dreams,
Even our uncertain future
Was nothing to fear.
You watched quietly while I looked at you in the new album.
The "you" within it seemed delighted.

Sayonara,my beloved, precious person.
I will always remain thinking of you only.
Sayonara,to the "me" who cried until yesterday.
It's a quiet night, wouldn't you say?

 

 

Jongup sat on the floor as he watched his mother sing with such passion. This was how he could tell Himchan was releasing stress – through music. Stopping for a moment to edit something, Jongup had taken the chance to run over and nuzzled his body in between Himchan's legs. Surprised by the small attack, Himchan smiled softly. Picking Jongup up and into his lap, Himchan wrapped his arms around the six year old.

 

“Umma?”

 

“Yes Jongup?”

 

“Are we going to see appa and Junhong soon? I wanna see them.” Jongup asked innocently. He was heartbroken when Himchan said that they were going away for awhile. Although he tried to keep his head high, Jongup started to cause a ruckus at his new school. Bullies were picking on him because of his family status, a single parent with no father. At first, he ignore them, just keeping his promise to try to get along with his new classmates and get good grades but that went away one day as a older kid spilled Jongup's lunch tray in his lap, on purpose.

 

“I'm not sure Guppie. I don't know if I'm ready to see your father anytime soon.” Jongup looked up quickly and looked at Himchan.

 

“But umma, you promised!!”

 

“I know but Guppie...it's complicated. You wouldn't understand. You'll understand when you're older.”

Himchan tried to compromise. Jongup started to cry, he wanted to see his brother and father!

 

“Umma you lied! You lied to me!” Jongup pushed himself off of Himchan and ran back to his room. Himchan was on his heels before getting a door slammed in his face. Blinking, Himchan knocked.

 

“Jonguppie, let umma in! Please?”

 

“NO! I don't wanna talk to you liar pants!” Letting out a frustrated sigh, Himchan heard the front door open. Coming from the hall, he looked around the corner – seeing his sister with an armful of groceries.

 

“Noona!” Himchan called as he jogged over to help her. “I didn't know you where going to go grocery shopping, I would've tagged along.” His sister chuckled.

 

“It's okay Channie. I actually wasn't planning on going but I needed some cherries for a pie,”

 

“Then it expanded into a shopping spree.”

 

“Basically.” The relatives laughed. As they started to put stuff away, Himchan's sister noticed a body missing. Looking around her feet, she raised a brow. “Chan, where's Guppie?” Placing a can away, Himchan turned and leaned against the sink.

 

“He's in our room. He isn't very happy with me.”

 

“Why?”

 

“He asked when we were going to see Junhong and Yongguk. I told him that I wasn't sure, that I didn't want to see Yongguk yet. I told him he doesn't understand.”

 

“Himchan!!” she cried. “You can't tell him that! He's sensitive.”

 

“I can tell.” Himchan received a smack upside his head.

 

“You ! Aish, I swear you are not my brother anymore.” Tossing the plastic bags into one and putting them in the cabinet, Himchan looked at his sister.

 

“What do you want me to do!? Go back to downtown Seoul, knock on Yongguk's door and say “Hi Yongguk. I know I left without a notice and such but here I am with Jongup, he really missed you and Junhong.” ?!”

 

“Glad we're on the same page because that's pretty much what you're going to do. Himchan, it's almost Christmas...it's been two months since you left. I know it hurts, I am not saying you have to marrying Yongguk but you should take Jongup to see them. After all, Yongguk does deserve to see him, Jongup is his just as much as he is yours. Plus you need to hear what Yongguk has to say. From everything you've told me, it sounds like he wants to apologize. You and I both know he was wrong to do what he did – but hear out what he has to say.”

As much as Himchan wanted to say shut up and tell her she is wrong in every single way possible...she was right. Damn her for being right 99.9% of the time. Himchan ran his rand through his, now long, black locks.

 

“Fine. I'll take Jongup. But if I get arrested for murder, I blame you!”

 

“Yeah, yeah, yeah.” She rolled her eyes. “Jonguppie!!”

 

“Yes noona!?” Jongup was heard from the bedroom.

 

“Get dressed! Umma is taking you to Seoul to see Junhonggie and appa!” It was silent for a few seconds before the Kim sibling's heard a crash and a thump against the door. Jongup tripped over his trucks then proceeded to run into the door before he unlocked it and ran out to the kitchen. The two adults watched a fluffy brown top pass by the counter before Jongup ran around the corner and stopped. He looked at Himchan with big eyes.

 

“Is it true umma? Is it true what noona says?! Are we going to see appa and Junhonggie?!” Jongup asked excitedly. Himchan nodded with a small smile.

 

“It's true Jongup. We're going today; so if you wanna make it on time, you better get your coat and boots on.” Jongup ran and launched himself into Himchan's legs, hugging them tightly.

 

“Thank you umma! I'll go get dressed!” Running back off, Jongup went to the closet in search for his boots. Brother and sister laughed in the much excitement overflowing in Jongup. Before Himchan could leave the kitchen, his sister grabbed his arm.

 

“You'll be okay. Just, do what I told you before.” Himchan nodded; heading into his room, Himchan grabbed his phone and dialed a number. Putting it up to his ear, Himchan waited for the ringing to stop as he put on his winter coat.

 

“Hello?”

 

“Daehyun. It's Himchan...Jongup and I are heading to Seoul.”

 

~

 

Even though it was cold out, Seoul was still bustling with life as people headed in all different directions. In the distance, Himchan and Jongup were holding hands and weaving their bodies through the masses on their way to see Junhong and Yongguk. Daehyun had made sure Yongguk was not going anywhere in the next few hours and he also gave a small hint on that he had better pick up a apology present. Jongup carried a small backpack on his back, filled with presents for his brother. He couldn't contain his feelings on the train. It was all Jongup had talked about on the ride to Seoul. Himchan had even asked Jongup if he wanted to stop and get some hot chocolate before they continued but Jongup declined loudly, Himchan knew he didn't mean it offensively – he was too excited. The train ride was long and legs hurting from walking, Himchan wanted to give in.

 

“I see it umma! I see appa's apartment building!” Jongup pointed out. Looking up, the apartment building complex was coming closer – while Himchan's chest tightened. He was not ready for this. Pulling his mother ahead, Jongup was jumping up and down – causing some stares but he didn't have a care in the world.

 

“Jonguppie, you have to settle down. This is a surprise...if you yell, appa and Junhong will know were coming.”

 

“Sorry umma.” Himchan chuckled.

 

“It's okay.” Walking to the apartment building complex, Jongup held the door open for a grandmother and told her to have a good day in his hyper, but happy voice. Waving her goodbye, Himchan held the door as Jongup ran underneath and into the building. Shaking his head, Himchan followed suit – Jongup even had the elevator ready to go.

 

“Umma hurry!” Jogging, Himchan entered the elevator and the doors closed. Pressing the 6th floor button rapidly, Jongup was picked up by Himchan and placed next to his side. There was no need to break the innocent button. A few seconds passed before the elevator stopped and dinged; the doors opened and Jongup bolted out of the elevator only to be grabbed by the hood. Swinging Jongup in the air, Himchan held the hyperactive child at his side. It was harder since Jongup grew in weight but he didn't want Jongup to ruin the surprise.

 

“No more sugar sticks for you mister.”

 

Apartment 654.

 

The apartment that has been haunting Himchan since he made the trivial decision to come here. Setting Jongup down, Himchan gave him permission to knock on the door. Jongup balled his tiny fist and wailed on the door with all his might. Giving it a few seconds, they heard a deep voice on the other side.

 

“Coming!”

 

The door could be heard being unlocked from the inside and the door knob twisted. The door opened, and there stood Bang Yongguk in bleached jeans, bare feet, a white tee with a slightly low cut v line and disheveled hair – but it had looked styled like that, not “I just woke up” look.

 

“Appa!!!” Jongup launched himself at Yongguk's legs and wrapped his small arms around them. Giving them a squeeze, Jongup pulled himself off and looked in between them – noticing a small figure, looking confused as he had his head slightly tilted. “Junhonggie!”

 

“Uppie hyung!!”As the two children ran to meet each other in Yongguk's apartment, colliding with hugs; there stood two people at the door with a lot to talk about. From the look on Yongguk's face, he was kind of surprised Himchan and Jongup arrived – thinking Daehyun was playing a mean trick.

 

“P-please come in Himchan-ah.” Yongguk stepped to the side, allowing Himchan to walk in and take his shoes off. Hanging his coat on the place where he always had, Himchan crossed his arms subconsciously and waited for Yongguk. “I just made coffee, but I also have water, juice, tea and milk.”

 

“Coffee is fine. Thank you.”

 

“Please, make yourself at home. Don't act like you haven't been here before.” Yongguk gently smiled as he pulled out another cup from the cabinet for Himchan. Pouring himself and Himchan a cup, Yongguk added his special mix in his cup, cream and two sugars, and left Himchan's black – knowing he didn't like sugar nor cream.

 

“You know,” Yongguk started as he walked over to the family room and handed Himchan his cup. “Junhong and I have missed you. Both of you. I know...I had created chaos in the past and I wanted to let you know how sorry I am for it. I could give you the world and I know it wouldn't be enough.” He looked over to Jongup and Junhong, who were playing with monster trucks on the floor. “Junhong...he refused to go to school when you first left. I didn't force him because I understood completely. He never left his room unless it was to go to the bathroom. The smile that he has today...it's the first genuine smile I've seen in a long time. All because you and Jongup knocked on the door.”

 

Himchan let out a small chuckle, he knew exactly what kind of behavior Junhong was having as Jongup went through the same thing...kind of.

 

“I understand. When Jongup was entered into his new school, he tried to make friends, do well on his school work and just be...Jongup. He tried to keep his head held high – he always said “Appa told me to keep my head up because I am special. There's not another person like me in the world.” but, unfortunately, the bulling got worse. I received a phone call from the school one afternoon,” Himchan looked down at the coffee in the mug, letting the warmth greet his face. “it was the principal. She called to inform me that Jongup had taken his lunch try and hit another kid in the head with it before he tackled the kid to the ground and started to fight with him. I couldn't believe it at first. Never, have I taught Jongup that violence was okay. I went to the principal's office, apologized – with Jongup, to the kid's mother and had taken Jongup home. He told me his side of the story. Truthfully Yongguk, I was down right furious that the bully had the nerve to call Jongup a retard.”

 

Yongguk watched as Himchan attempted to hold back his tears, his stare was strong but a few tears slipped.

 

“Jongup is not a retard! He might have some disabilities and okay, he has some 4D issues but it's nothing he won't grow out of! OUR son is very smart and if people would just give him a damn chance in the world they would see that!” Yongguk sat his cup down and held Himchan's hand in comfort. Considering he wasn't sure where he was at with Himchan, a comforting hug was out of the question for now. Himchan crying caught the attention of Jongup and Junhong as they walked over and patted their mother's leg.

 

“Umma what's wrong?”

 

“Yeah umma. Why are you crying?” Himchan looked at his son's, setting his cup down. Pulling them into a hug, Himchan spoke.

 

“You boys mean the world to your father and I. No matter what anyone tells you, both of you are special and your father and I will love you no matter what. One day, you will grow up and find a beautiful wife and have a family.”

 

“Umma, girls have cooties! Yuck!” The boys said in a unison. Which made Himchan and Yongguk chuckle.

 

“I think what your mother is trying to say is, one day you'll find that special someone that makes your world flip flop and when that time comes we'll be right here.”

 

“Like how umma made your world flip flop, appa?” Junhong asked.

 

“Just like how umma made my world flip flop. Himchan umma means the world to me but,” Yongguk started. The boys are smart so they have noticed and definitely had taken in that something happened that made Jongup and Himchan leave Seoul for two months. “even though appa has made mistakes, I still hold umma to my heart.”

 

“Then why did umma and I leave? Umma, don't you love appa!?” Jongup asked confused. How do you explain to two five year olds that their father had cheated on their mother? Himchan let out a calm sigh.

 

“Jonguppie...do you know how babies are made?” Yongguk looked at Himchan as if he was crazy! He wasn't prepared to give their very young children the birds and the bees talk! Jongup pondered the thought though, even looked at Junhong.

 

“I know! There's a big bird called a stork and they deliver babies to umma's and appa's.” Yongguk silently prayed for the innocent mind that Jongup had.

 

“Sometimes sweetheart. If an umma can't have a baby, the stork will bring her one. Everyone has a chance to be a mother, even people who can't have babies for health reasons. Another way that babies are made are when two people love each other very much. They'll spend a lot of time together and when they're ready-”

 

“Umma will take this nasty tasting pill and in a few weeks a baby will be created!” Yongguk saved Himchan from telling about the children about . Aish, the poor father about had a . Was Himchan on something?! Jongup and Junhong looked at one another, they were very confused on what Himchan was saying.

 

“I would've taken the stork umma!”

“Yeah umma! The medicine sounds yucky but seeing a bird is cooler.” Both of the adults let out a chuckle at the boys. Yongguk grabbed Junhong and sat him on his lap while Himchan wrapped his arms around Jongup's body.

 

“Boys, let me ask you something.” Yongguk asked, gaining the attention he wanted. “I want you to be a hundred percent honest okay? You can say what you like and tells us how you feel, understood.

 

“Yes appa.”

 

“When Himchan umma and Jongup left, how did you guys feel? Do you have anything you want to tell your umma and I?” Yongguk and Himchan watched the boys as they dug deep into their minds to find what they wanted to say. It was hard, being 5 and having no say in what had happened two months ago, they could tell it was hard on them.

 

“Umma,” Junhong started. “I was really, really upset when you left. I cried and yelled at appa, I just wanted my hyung and umma! Appa said you and him got in a fight, I don't want no more fights cause I love umma and appa. Guppie hyung too! I just want a happy family!” Junhong cried loudly, making his point clear. Himchan felt saddened when he spoke. He knew that he was going to break Junhong's heart but this, all he wanted was a completed family. Junhong was too young to remember when Himchan and Yongguk had a divorce – so he never knew so much of Himchan.

 

“Appa,” Jongup spoke. “I missed you and Junhonggie. I'm sorry umma and I left! Umma said he wanted to figure stuff out. He was mad and wanted to leave...” Jongup looked around but hugged Yongguk. On the outside, it was Junhong who was scared the most but on the inside, it was Jongup.

 

“I see that you have both made your points clear and we appreciate that.” Himchan stated.

 

“Just because your umma and I don't get along, as of now, doesn't mean we will keep you two apart. It doesn't matter how far the other goes, there are always ways to get you both to see one another.” Yongguk commented, giving Jongup and, pulled Junhong, in for a hug. “We love you both and as it comes with the responsibility of being a parent – we have to keep our children happy. It's the number one rule.” Himchan smiled at what Yongguk had said.

 

“How about you two go play in Junhong's room? Appa and I have to talk.” 

 

>>>>>>

Hi guys! I am splitting it up because this *points to text* was already 7 pages long....haha

I apologize for Jongup and Junhong's view on the leaving, I'm not around kids that often to know how they would feel - and...I tried putting myself inthe position but since my parents have been divorced for 10 years, I kinda of forgot the feelings I had towards it. I tried ^^