To see is to believe.

It's My Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

BAEKHYUN 

 

The more I want to distance myself away from Chanyeol, the more I keep on wanting everything of him. After the night Seojin removed my rights as her best friend, our relationship was good as strangers. Well I tried to pursuade her back. God knows I've tried even before that confrontation occurred. As much as I wanted to be with the person I truly love, I still put Seojin as my first priority, even if it made me feel dead for several weeks. Everytime Chanyeol comes around, I always leave him with Seojin. But I realized that it was a dumb decision I made as I feel him trailing back beside me in less than a minute I left him with her. He kept on insisting that he came for me and not for Seojin. But I tell him that I want him to be there forher, even deep down in my heart, I scream for him to stay with me. I never return his messages or calls-except if it was really that important-so that Seojin would have time to talk to him. It was like pushing Chanyeol away and put him right into Seojin's heart. I love my best friend and it kills me to watch her feeling down. But it kills me more to push away people who cares. People who love and would do anything for the person who brings light to their lives. People like Chanyeol. 

 

 

The day after Seojin's birthday, I found myself alone at the rooftop while sipping in an empty can of soda. "Hey," a voice from behind says. "We need to talk." 

Before I even turn around, I knew that it was Chanyeol. From the tone of his voice, I sense that I will not like whatever topic we are to talk about. "I know what you were up to, every time I try to spend time with you. Especially when Seojin's with you." He says as he took a seat on the ground beside me. I do not know what to say so I heave a sigh as a reply. "Baek, I believe that you are old enough to make your own decisions. Decisions for yourself. You always think about others first that you forget to think about yourself." Chanyeol says as he took my hand and lightly squeeze it in his. "I know you love and you care for your best friend. The whole universe knows it. You keep on hooking me up with her even I know that for you, it hurts. Do you know that it hurts for me too? Well, a lot. Knowing that you push me away. And I cannot let myself watch you being like this." He's right. But it hurts to be reminded of losing my only best friend. I hug my knees as tears stream down from my eyes and Chanyeol quickly wiped it off. "I love you Baek and you know that. And you can't lie to yourself that you don't love me too." He took my hand and planted a kiss on it. "I don't mind whatever decision you come up to, because I know that you choose to do right. But please don't shut me down."

 

"But you'll never agree for us to be friends." I say, taking my hand away from him. I need to restrain myself so I could do things right. He shook his head. "I can only do things right if we at least try to distance ourselves from one another. Or better yet, stop feeling things for each other.Yeol, please."

 

"You know I can't do that. You know you can't do that either. Stop torturing yourself for once, Baek." This conversation itself was torturing me, that I never hold my tears back and just let them all go. I feel Chanyeol feel guilty as soon as I began to cry. He pulled me to him into an embrace. "I was stupid for saying that, but Baek. Really." I shook my head onto his ches

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter