I have you

It's My Friend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Baekhyun was sitting on the couch and watched something on the television. Well actually, he just left the tv on to conceal his real mission as to why he was on the living room; he was waiting for Chanyeol. Every time the guy had something to bring for him at home, Baekhyun would be locking up himself in his room. Baekhyun would just be gluing his ears on his closed door while he listens to his mom and Chanyeol converse, and after that the taller would be leaving.

 

“So my son had finally realized how he missed the love of his life?” Baekhyun’s mom jokingly asked him from the kitchen. “I have always been watching this series, mom.” He fidgeted. “Plus, I also live in this house; can’t I at least use the living room?”

“Pororo, huh? Since when? Since how many years ago?” His mom scoffed and Baekhyun just rolled his eyes. “Alright.”

 

After a few minutes of staring into the television, he heard a knock on the door. Baekhyun quickly adjusted his position on the couch to look like he was lonely and let his mom open the door instead. With all his might, he tried to peek to the half-opened door from the couch but failed to see or hear anything. When his mom came back inside, she looked at Baekhyun’s anticipating eyes. “It was just the mail.” Baekhyun never looked so disappointed with those words that made his mom chuckle apologetically. What, he decided to back down now?

“Oh come on, dear. There’s nothing wrong with admitting that you want to see him. Why don’t you drop by this house later?” His mom suggested as she took a seat beside Baekhyun on the couch.

 

“I can’t.” Baekhyun groaned.

 

“Why can’t you?”

 

“Because I-“ There was a lump on his throat that he just can’t swallow as tears were welling in his eyes. “Because I treated him like trash. I know he told you the truth but there were always doubts left within me. I just can’t instantly appear right in front of him and scream ‘I missed you so much! Can we get back together already?’ That’s stupid.” He cried.

“That’s not my point. I just wanted you to give him a hint that you’re almost ready. That you are ready to hear him and give him another chance. You’re suffocating yourselves and I wouldn’t want to see both of you prolonging it.” His mom is also tearing up as she wiped the tears away from Baekhyun’s eyes, when suddenly the latter’s phone rang. When he lifted his phone, he was surprised to see Luhan’s name flashing on his screen. “Luhan?” He answered. Luhan’s background was unbelievably noisy that Baekhyun could barely hear what his friend was saying.

 

“This is really urgent.” Luhan said, panting. “What is urgent? And why are you panting? Is everything okay?” Baekhyun worried.

 

“I wouldn’t be arrested if I told you this, would I?”

“What is it?!”

“Seojin said she’ll kill me if anyone knew about this.”

At every second that Luhan was purposely delaying the answer, Baekhyun grew impatient. “Just get to the point Luhan. I will kill you if you won’t spit it out right now.” He threatened.

Luhan let out a heavy sigh before saying, ”Seojin’s plane is leaving in fifteen minutes.”

“WHAT?!” Baekhyun’s jaw dropped as his eyes widened in shock. He always knew that the only place his best friend ex-best friend would be going via airplane is New York. Without hesitating, Baekhyun hung up and put on his coat, leaving his mom confused. “Baekhyun ah, where are you going?”

 

“Sorry mom, I have a plane to catch!”

 

As Baekhyun went out and look for the taxi, rain fell. “Oh great” was all Baekhyun said before finally hopping in the taxi. Actually, it was weird to still care for an enemy, but Seojin wasn’t just an enemy; best friend-emy, maybe. But the thing is, to Baekhyun, Seojin is a sister. A sister that he could never have again once he loses her. What Seojin had done to him maybe the most despicable thing a best friend could do to him, but Seojin is still Seojin. The one who he grew up with. The one who, despite of being bullied by him, never got tired of being with him. The one who spent his childhood with. The one who cares and loves him truly. His only best friend.

 

***

Seojin was waiting for Luhan who had gone to the airport’s comfort room for a while before she hops into her plane. She was thinking on whether to give Baekhyun a call or just let him discover by himself when she left Seoul. But she decided not to. What if Baekhyun told her he did not care? That he strongly distastes her? Seojin kind of expected these words from Baekhyun. She wish she could have said sorry before she leaves; both to Baekhyun and to Chanyeol. But she did not know how. Ten minutes have passed since Luhan had gone to the comfort room. Seojin worried on why his friend was taking too long and might not see her before she leaves. After a few minutes, Luhan stuck his face out to the crowd.

“Yah! What took you so long?” She shouted.

“Let’s just say I had businesses to attend to.” Luhan replied.

“Businesses? In the comfort room?” Seojin deadpanned but Luhan just nodded. “Fine. Whatever.” She rolled her eyes and began to walk with her things towards the entrance. However, Luhan’s hand latched onto hers, stopping her from her tracks. “Now what? I only have three minutes left ‘til the plane leaves! If I wouldn’t want at least someone to bid me good

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter