Chapter 9: Jealous

In Between

After dinner you sat on his lap while he watched television. He sniffed your hair once in a while, it reminded you of what CAP would do. Then you suddenly remember there was the launch party for you little advertisement series tomorrow. CAP had asked you to be his partner, and had a dress delivered to your department. You furrowed you eyebrows beginning to feel bad for CAP, you felt like you betrayed him for being with L.joe. You nudged L.joe to get his attention.

“What’s wrong,” L.joe said, without looking away from the soccer game.

“I have a date tomorrow,” you said bluntly. L.joe jumped from his seat and turned to stare at you.

“With my boss,” you laughed at his reaction.

“Are you cheating on me already,” he looked at his watch, “It’s only been 4 hours”

“It’s a party for that commercial I filmed. I told you about it, didn’t I?”

“Is he picking you up tomorrow?” he looked annoyed.

“He offered to pick me up and my place.”

“Tell him to pick you up from my place. You’re drunk you can’t go home yourself today.”

“L.joe you were the one drinking,” you looked at the wine in his hand, “not me.”

“Come on have some,” he pushed the glass cup in front of you.

“No thanks I’m going home.” He took a sip of his wine and crashed his lips against yours, he tasted like wine.

“Now you’re drunk,” he laughed in victory. You got off of him and looked for your phone in your purse. You called CAP. L.joe walked to where you were trying to listen on to your conversation.

“Oh Charlotte, I was just going to call you.” L.joe rolled his eyes and wrapped his arms around your waist, guarding his property. You smiled before replying

“Can you pick me up tomorrow at my friend’s house, instead of my place, I’ll be staying over tonight.” L.joe snuggled closer to you, and whispered “correction; husband” to your empty ear. You giggled at his childishness.  

“Yeah sure, just text me the address.”

“It’s only a block from your place, I’ll see you tomorrow.” You ended the call. L.joe’s position stiffened, he looked at you,

“So you’ve been to his place before?”

“I slept over.” You .

“I’m going to kill that bastard for ing you.”

“We didn’t sleep together,” you stated in clarification.

“So he was pretending to be a gentlemen”

“No. Stop, he’s my boss. Don’t say that.”

“He made a move on you?”

“We made out for a bit,” you were completely honest with L.joe. There was never anything to hide.

“And you were fully clothed, I hope”

“Ugh well… I was toweled.”

“Is there some sort of relationship I should know of?”

“Yes, in fact there is” His jaw dropped, he seemed scared to hear what you were going to say.

“My husband,” you pointed to his heart, “Is right here.” You rubbed your nose against his before kissing him again. He was aggressive this time. It was his way of pay back to you for making him jealous. He lifted you bridal style off your feet and walked into his room closing the door behind him. He threw you down on his bed and made love with you.