Chapter 10: Confession

In Between

You woke up the next morning cuddled in the arms of L.joe. He was still sleeping soundlessly. You caressed his face and traced his features. He caught your hand when you moved down to his chest.

“Let’s just sleep,” he rubbed your . His eyes were still closed.

“I have to get ready for the party.”

“Ugh, that stupid party,”

“Let me go L.joe. I’m going to be late.”

“Fine,” He snuggled closer to you, holding you even tighter.

“My beloved husband, your wife has to get to work”

“You know what’s funny?”

“What?”

“How you self-proclaim you’re my wife, but we’ve only been together for less than 24 hours”

You scoffed, “Since I’m your nothing, I’ll be going now” He wouldn’t let go, knowing you were hurt. With his free hand he grabbed something from his side table. He gave it to you.

“Is this another of your interest?”

“Nope. This is purely from L.joe to Charlotte,” he paused, “my life is yours now, there will be no more interest.” You opened the box, it was another earring. This time, it was shaped like a banana.

“This is for taking my ity away,” you laughed in unison with his chuckle. He kissed your forehead before letting go of you. You walked towards the bathroom.

When you came out the shower, he was brushing his teeth.  He handed his toothbrush to you after he was finished. He walked out of the room to put some clothes on, and handed you the box with the dress CAP had got for you.

“The dress looks hideous on you” he looked at you up and down. You knew he was just being jealous.

“Thanks”

“I’ll pick you up tonight, so don’t go to his house.”

“Oh and, my final exam is next week, so I can go to Korea with you.”

“Really, you sure you want to see my family?”

“No. I want my family to see you. Help me book a ticket okay?”

“Me again?”

“Yes. Mrs. Lee” The way he you his wife made your heart tingle. You loved him, and you knew that he loved you. You remember what your sister said, ‘fated.’ You thought that L.joe was your fated lover.

Just then, the doorbell rang, it was CAP. You gestured L.joe to leave the area. He walked into his room, and hollered,

“Remember to lock the door.”

You opened the door for CAP. He was in a Royal blue suit. It matched perfectly with your dress. He let out a hand for you, you held it trying to keep balance. The ride to the venue took a while. It was at a cottage on the west side of town. L.joe texted you telling you to have a terrible time without him.

When you got to the launch party, there was a red carpet waiting for you and CAP. The press was also there to congratulate the success of CAP’s business. As you got off the car, CAP linked armed with you; the press kept on asking him if you two had any special relationship.

“I’ll answer all questions at the press conference. Please make yourself comfortable”

For the first time, you saw how mature CAP was, he was experienced with many things. He made you feel safe.

At the press conference you watched as CAP answered questions regarding the new product to be released. Questions started flowing to his personal life.

“CAP, do you have a girlfriend?” one reporter asked.

“No, but I’m confident I’ll have one very soon.” He looked at you and smiled. You felt uncomfortable, you wanted to tell him at the right time that you had a boyfriend already. Throughout the night, you were complimented on your acting. CAP led you outside to catch some fresh air.

“Charlotte, I have some good news.”

“Tell me,”

“Let me congratulate you in becoming a part of XX Corp. You have passed your probation period” he shook your hand.

“Oh my gosh.” You flung your hands in the air and jumped up and down. Forgetting you were in heels, you loss balance. Luckily, CAP caught you in his arm.

“There’s also something else, I want to tell you.”

“Hmm…” you looked at him, excited.

“I want to ask you to be my girlfriend.” He spoke delicately. You froze, not knowing how to respond.

“You don’t have to answer me now,” He grabbed your hand and kissed it. “I just want you to know that you will always be my princess.”

You were cussing inside your brain, hoping that this was a dream. You loved L.joe you knew that, but somehow his words made you feel weak. The night ended awkwardly, you were dreading L.joe’s arrival. You saw his car pull up in the parking lot. You waved to CAP good bye and walked towards the parking lot. L.joe got out of the car and opened the door for you. CAP watched you pull away with another man and frowned. Your brain was still flustered when he reached your apartment.