Chapter 8: Bills

In Between

Chapter 8

For the next few days, you spent your evenings at L.joe’s house. You cooked while he studied. There wasn’t much of a progress in your relationship, but it didn’t really bother you because he cared a lot about you. One thing you noticed after visiting his house several nights in a row, is that he obviously has unlimited amounts of money. He didn’t work and was still a student, yet he bought you something new every day in the sense of interest from you hat.

You walked into his house one afternoon, but he wasn’t there. When you were about to turn around and leave, the home phone rang.

“Hello?”

“Mr. Lee Byunghun?”

“Ah, he’s not here right now, you can leave a message”

“I am calling on behalf of the house’s electricity and hydro company. You haven’t paid the last 2 months bills and your utilities will be cut if you don’t pay them back at the end of this month.”

“Okay thank you.”

You hung up and called L.joe right away.

“Mr. Lee Byunghun” you imitated the company. You heard him chuckle over the phone.

“What’s up, are you at home already?”

“Yeah, your house. You haven’t paid utility for two months already.”

“Oh yeah that. On my office desk there are a pile of bills and late fee receipts. Can you help me pay them off?”

“Me? Do friends help other friends pay utility? Is that how it works now a days,” you used this chance to lure him into saying that you were more than his friend. It was silent over the phone.

“Charlotte, I gave you keys to my house. Don’t you know what that means?”

“Should I?” Wanting to hear from his own mouth.

“The moment I gave you those keys, it meant that you’re the owner of the house.” Your jaw dropped, it was unexpected and it made you flustered. The things he says always seems to have a way to flutter your heart.

“Charlotte, I’ll be back around 8, I have a few lectures to go to. Come back to our house after taking care of those bills, okay?”

“Yeah.”

“Thanks Latte” he joked before hanging up. The way he said ‘our house’ kept on ringing in your head. You felt warm and fuzzy all over. You knew one thing, that your relationship had a special place in his heart and in yours.

As you walked to the bank with the textbook thick bills, you bumped into an old university friend.

“Jen, what’s up?” you greeted her with a warm hug.

“I work here now, come into my office, I’ll help you with that” she pointed. You sat down in her office while she looked through the bills you had in your hand.

“Are these yours?”

“Uhmm...”

“Five pizzas a week, that doesn’t sound like you Charlotte,”

“It’s actually a friends that I’m helping with.”

“Friend?” she scoffed, “You are keeping a boyfriend away from me aren’t you?”

“No, really just a friend.” You weren’t even sure who he was, but making assumptions would be a mistake.

“Well that ‘friend’ must trust you a lot.”

“Just help me get this paid off” you passed her your debit card.

“The total is $15 000” she looked at you worried, “He’s not some sort of fraud right, because this is a tonne of money.”

“Don’t worry about it.” You trusted him, no matter what others said.

That night you were cooking dinner for L.joe and yourself, the things Jen said lingered in your mind. You were beginning to doubt your judgement. You were scared that your emotions were controlling your actions. While you were in your train of thought L.joe walked out his room, in boxers only. He walked into the kitchen where you were cooked and wrapped his arms around your waist, You turned to see his half body.

“L.joe go put on some clothes”

“My clothers are all dirty.”

“Can you do the laundry?” He snuggled in closer to your neck and kissed it. You turned to face him. He half pouted making you aroused. You wrapped your arms around his neck,

“Should I do your laundry?” you asked teasingly.

“Yupp. That’s what house wives are for.” He made you blush. He had never addressed you as his anything, but to go a step saying you were his wife made you very happy. A smile crept up his face knowing that you had given in. He pecked your cheek before letting go of you. You hung on to his neck though, not letting him get away. You stared at him, leaning in closer to him.

“On one condition.” You kissed him. He returned the kiss, he was a lot stronger than you. He lifted you up so you would be sitting on the counter tops and kissed you. Your fingers were entangled in his hair, his kiss made you very hot. His tongue explored every corner of your mouth. You felt perfect. His lips fit perfectly on yours. He was perfect for you. You moved your lips away from him staring at his face. You held his face in your hands and kissed his forehead before walking towards the laundry room. He followed along, fingers entangled in yours.