Chapter 5: Wishbone

In Between

 

For the next few days, you spent your time with CAP practicing for the production. You were unsure of what relationship you had with him. You were use to his actions though, he had a habit of grabbing your hand but only to play with your fingers. He also liked to play with your hair, but whether he was your boyfriend, you were unsure.

One night you woke up to your phone ringing. It was your sister.

“Charlotte?”

“Uh Unnie?”

“I’m getting married.”

“You said that last week, can’t you just let me sleep”

“No, I am getting married next month. Book a flight okay?”

“What?!” You were awake now, and shocked. “It was the arranged marriage right?”

Her voice softened, “Yeah. But it’s okay now. I talked to Chanhee, my fiancé and we’ve agreed to try to love each other.”

“Unni, I’m so sorry.”

“Don’t be, he’s very handsome and caring. You’ll see.”

“How can you be so optimistic at a time like this? Have you talked to Omma and Appa?”

“I have, but Charlotte, sometimes when it’s meant to be, then you have to give into fate. Call me when you get your ticket. See ya.”

When you woke up the next morning you decided to buy breakfast for the directors that you would be filming with today. You walked into Tim Horton’s and bought timbits and breakfast sandwiches. As you were sorting out all the food in your car, someone knocked on your window. You looked up to see L.joe.

He stepped in your car with a warm smile,

“Hey…” you said awkwardly to him. You remembered the awkward times you were with CAP when you thought of him. This time your gaze shifted from his eyes, down to his lips. They were very kissable. You felt a tingly feeling in your heart, like it was about to explode. It was different when you were with CAP. CAP gave you the sense of protection and care but L.joe gave you the heart flutters and yearning for more.

“Ready to give me back my hat” you finally said after controlling your thoughts.

“Nope” he pinched your nose.

“It’s overdue. There is a cost for overdue items, you know”

“Are you cosplaying a librarian right now?” He laughed lightly, “ Well then I’m willing to pay for those cost”

“How?”

“Hmm I’ll think about it. And do you charge interest?”

“Of course, you’ve got to pay what you owe.”

“For today’s interest…” He trailed off. He leaned closer to you, you closed your eyes waiting for him to kiss you. After a few second you heard your car door open and close. When you opened your eyes, he was gone. In his place was a small box with messy letter that wrote ‘To You’

In the box was a wishbone earring. Not a pair but one. You remembered from earlier that he was wearing the exact same earring. ‘We’re a pair now’ your heart raced and wondered when it would be the next time you would meet him. You took the earring and put it on your second piercing of your left ear. All of a sudden an unfamiliar ringtone rang. You picked up the phone and read the text message.

~Whoops I took your phone. I’ll give it back next time

You texted back after realizing it was L.joe’s phone and not yours.

~When will be our next time?

You earnestly wanted to know when you would see him again. You already missed his presence.

~Miss me already?

“Yes I do.” You shouted to his phone hoping he could hear you. Then he texted again

~Where will you be today? I’ll come find you.

~I’m busy today, how about in the evening

~Alright I’ll text you. Oh and Charlotte is a very nice name (;

~Don’t look through my pictures!

~*looks through pictures* haha

You laughed at his silliness and headed to the filming site of the commercial. As you parked, CAP jogged up to your car.

“Charlotte,” he waved and smiled at you, “ready?”

“I think I am” you felt a rush of energy after grabbing L.joe’s phone and getting out of your car.

The day went on well with filming, all the staff and actors were cooperative. At first it was awkward to promote the product while acting out a love scene with CAP, but you were praised for your natural acting and soon it was second nature to you. You covered your face in embarrassment when the director replayed the scenes that you filmed.

You were changing when you heard the phone ring,

“CAP can you grab me my phone please?” He passed you phone and accidently saw you in your underwear. He looked you up and down and smirked before walking away. You rolled your eyes before picking up the phone.

“Hello”

“It’s L.joe”

“Oh hey. So where are we meeting today?”

“Do you mind coming over to my house? I’ll make you dinner too”

“Ugh,” ‘On our second meeting, eekkk’ you thought, “Yeah sure,”

“I’ll see you at 7.” He hung up. You looked at yourself in the mirror after changing and realized you looked tired, but overly excited. ‘4pm, I still have time to go home and get ready’ you were in a train of thoughts when you walked out of the changing room and was confronted by CAP.

“Want to go for dinner tonight?” He looked at you sincerely, “Let me thank you for such a successful advertisement idea.”

“I can’t tonight, how about we re-schedule?” He looked disappointed, but nodded and waved goodbye before walking off.

You hurried home, and took a shower; shaved and got ready for tonight.