Chapter 12: Fated

In Between

The plane landed at Incheon Airport. The flight was dreadful, but you missed you family and friends.  L.joe had his fingers entangled in yours as you walked to where your sister was waiting. You were surprised to see her fiancé with her. He had his arms wrapped around her waist, they looked happy.

“Unni!” You shouted as you ran to hug her.

“This is my boyfriend, L.joe” you introduced him to your sister.

“Chunji my fiancé”

As Chunji drove to your house, L.joe was shaking. He was nervous for meeting your parents. When you got to your house, your sister noticed an unfamiliar car parked in the driveway. When the door opened, you parents were waiting for you.

“Charlotte, honey. Come here” They embraced you in hugs and kisses before letting go. They looked at L.joe confused.

“Omma, Appa. This is my boyfriend, Lee Byunghun.”

Your mom and dad began whispering to each other. They were arguing about something, but it was interrupted by another set of voices.

“Son!” L.joe looked up to see his parents coming out of another room. The pair joined your parents and laughed together. You and L.joe were so confused at what was happening.

“Charlotte, I want to introduce you to your in laws.” Your mom smiled, “Mr. and Mrs. Lee, and to their son Lee Byunghun.”

Then everything clicked. You had an arranged marriage with your boyfriend. L.joe wrapped his arms around you,

“I told you, you would be Mrs. Lee sooner or later”

“This is our fate.” He laughed and kissed your forehead.

The rest of the afternoon, you talked to your parents and L.joe’s parents. Your sister was right, you couldn’t control your own fate. When you thought you chose by yourself, you realized it was all meant to be.

Before dinner, you showed L.joe to your room. He jumped on to your bed and seductively motioned you over.

“Are you trying to seduce me?” you giggled, while walking towards your bed.

“Nope it’s interest.”

“I thought-“

“I’m taking another hat, he pointed at your collection of hats that you kept in Korea”

“You can have the hat, there is only one thing I want from you.”

“It’s already yours though, my heart”

“No not that.”

“My heart is the most important thought, no?”

“Here,” you gave him a box with one earring in it. It was the infinity symbol.

“I want to be with your forever.”

“You know why I’ve only been giving you one earring since we met?”

“I think I know.” You pecked his cheek, then his nose.

“I love the one and only you. Together, we make an eternal pair”

You kissed him lovingly. You knew nothing could break you two apart, you knew that fate would bring you back together. You would be with him infinity and beyond.

He caught you off guard when he placed another box in your hand. You were still kissing him when he slid the ring on to your finger.

“You were mine from the start Mrs. Lee” he whispered into your ear before deepening the kiss.


I want to thank everyone for taking the time and reading this! Hopefully another story will be up soon. 

See you through the screen! <3 <3