Chapter 4: Pre-Breakfast

In Between

When you woke up, it was already the next morning. You opened your eyes hoping to embrace your elephant pillow and your cosy covers when you realized this wasn’t your apartment. You got up and saw a room as big as your apartment. You scanned the surroundings, but nothing was familiar. ‘Am I in heaven?’

You walked towards the window and saw the view of the ocean. It was beautiful, the sun had just risen and the sun was warming your face.

“Ahhh…” you said.

“It’s nice isn’t it?” You turned around to see CAP in boxers. You flinched and turned back towards the window. A few seconds of silence was broken by his foot steps towards you. He stood beside you, fully dressed in sweats and tank top. He ruffled your head,

“Did you sleep well?” you nodded.

“Is this your place?” you looked at him this time, “It’s beautiful.”

“I apologize for bringing you here last night, I didn’t know where you lived.”

“No, don’t say that, you saved me.” Your words were stuck in your throat, “Thank you CAP, thank you so much”

“You should have called me right away, if you were afraid”

“I didn’t want to be a burden. You are my boss.”

“After business hours, I am your friend. I am someone you can rely on.” He looked disappointed, “You will never be a burden.”

He stepped closer towards you, lifting his hand and caressing your cheek. Your heart skipped a beat, it was like a spark of lighting that passed through you. You gazed back into his eyes. He leaned in closer and kissed your forehead. At that moment you thougt you loved him.

“Breakfast is ready” he said, before walking out of the room with a smile on his face.

You walked into his bathroom, it was luxurious. You decided to take a shower, but after coming out of the shower you realized you had no clothes to wear. ‘Aw damn.’

You walked back into his room with a towel wrapped around you. You peeked out to the dining area of house, but CAP was out of sight.

“CAP?”

“I’m over here” you heard him, “Come out for breakfast”

“Ugh… Can I…borrow…clothes…your.”

“What did you say?” You took a deep breath, and said again,

“Can I borrow your clothes?” He sped over, once again not being able to hear what you said over the music that was playing. Not knowing you were near the door he opened it in your face and you crashed to the floor. He looked at you in shock, eyes wide. You had forgotten the only thing you were wearing was a towel because of the pain that you felt. You looked at his shocked face and followed his gaze to your toweled body. You covered your body with your arms and blushed. His gaze shifted to your face and his face turned red. After all the embarrassment, you felt the pain from falling over onto his hardwood floors.

“I’m sorry” he said, “Let me get you up.”

You frowned, you had twisted your ankle and couldn’t stand up. He kneeled down to where you were and examined your ankle. He then suddenly carried you bridal style back to his bed. He missed the step to his bed and tripped. He lost balance and dropped you onto his bed, he came crashing down on top of you. Your faces were very close. He looked into your eyes, and you stared back. His warmth was radiating on your bare skin. As you shifted your gaze the sun from the window blinded you and you closed your eyes. In the next second, his lips crashed down on to yours. You felt his lips moving on yours, yearning for your kiss back. You slowly kissed him back, giving into your hormones. He came deeper at you as you wrapped your arms around his neck. All of a sudden your thoughts were on L.joe and the mere seconds you spent with him. You pushed CAP away and sat up.

He cleared his throat, looking embarrassed. He went out of the room only to come back with a first aid kit and treated your ankle. He kept silent and you didn’t know what to say. You looked down at him, you felt special that you were taken care of by him. He felt your gaze and looked up and you. He smiled and walked into another room. A few seconds later he came out with a pile of clothes.

“Here” He handed you his clothes.

“uhm.” He turned away to let your change. You wore his boxers and dress shirt that he had picked out. You stumbled towards him after you were finished changing. He led you outside, finally able to eat breakfast together.