Chapter 6: His House part 1

In Between

You walked up to his door and rang the doorbell. You were dressed in your favourite blouse, showing some cleavage, as well, you wore shorts that complemented your long legs. You were still unsure of your feelings towards L.joe, but you wanted to impress him. A few seconds later he opened the door. He was in a black tank top and sweats. His arm muscles were impressive.

“Come in,” he gestured for you to enter. You followed him into his living area. He politely took your purse and put it aside.

“Here is your phone” you took his phone out of your pockets and placed it on to the coffee table. You sat on his couch comfortably and gestured for him to sit. He raised an eye at you, but followed.

“So what are we having tonight?” At that moment the doorbell rang again.

“Are we expecting someone else?”

“No, it’s our dinner.” He walked towards the door and took the delivery. The smell of pizza filled his house. Your expectation had disappeared in a split second. No candles, no steak, no red wine. It was everything but romantic.  He came back from the kitchen with plates.

“Beer?”  He handed you a Budweiser. You took it willingly, feeling embarrassed to have any expectations at his house. He a movie and sat next to you, one arm around your shoulders and another with a piece of pizza. As the trailers played, he noticed something,

“You wore it,” he pointed at his earring. “I guess you like it then?” you nodded in response.

He dimmed the lights as the movie started and you continued to eat and drink. It was a chick flick that he played, you were surprised by his choice in movie. Feeling his arms around your shoulder, you felt your heart beating.  The movie progressed, and it was very predictable. You and L.joe made fun of the characters and how cheesy the movie was. It was particularly awkward when the characters kissed, because you would see L.joe’s lips a few inches from you. By the end of the movie, you guys had finished a dozen of beers and the pizza. From where you were sitting, you could see rain banging against the window. L.joe’s head suddenly rested on your head, he was asleep. You looked at his sleeping figure, it was angelic. You lifted his head so you could place your head on to his shoulder. You cuddled closer finding a comfortable position and closed your eyes. L.joe opened his eyes, seeing you so near him made his heart race. He moved his arm around your waist instead and continued to sleep.

When you woke up, you were sleeping on his lap, your feet hanging off the couch. You looked up to see L.joe still sleeping his hand were flailed out on the couch. You got up to go to the washroom, feeling hung over. You came across his office. Out of curiosity you walked in to find shelves and shelves of medical books. You didn’t even know he was a medical student until now. A door connected the office to the bedroom. There you found a blanket and took it out to the living room. You covered L.joe’s body up and cleaned up the pizza and cans of beer that were left there from last night.

After washing his dirty dishes, you sat back down next to the sleeping L.joe. From the silence, you could hear his steady inhales and exhales. Since you had the day off today, you continued to sleep on his shoulders, but this time, you wrapped your arms around his body before drowsing off.

It was not until 12pm when you both woke up to the sound of the doorbell. He opened his eyes annoyed of the disturbance. He looked at how you were sleeping and smiled. He felt happy and fortunate to have you by his side. The doorbell rang again, and this time you heard it. You swarmed in your sleep, cuddling closer to him. When you finally came to your sense, you let go if him automatically and blushed. He laughed at your expression and went to open the door. You followed behind him, also wondering who it was. He looked through the peep hole seeing a windows advertiser and waved him off.