Chapter 11: True Confession

In Between

You and L.joe walked hand in hand into your apartment. He saw that you felt uncomfortable and tried to comfort you. He sat you down on your couch and laid down on your lap. You paid no attention to him. Your thoughts were elsewhere. He looked up at you and cupped your face in his hands. He made you face him. You looked at him and wished none of this never happened. You knew that CAP would get hurt. When you see L.joe, your heart feels complete, he makes you happy. But were your feelings towards CAP the same? L.joe looked worriedly at you. He got up from his position and pinned you to the couch. You finally focussed on him, instantly forgetting about CAP. Those were the miracles that L.joe could perform on you. He lightly pressed his lips against yours. He moved slowly, trying to soothe your worries. You pulled away, knowing he wanted to know what was wrong.

“CAP asked me to be his girlfriend.” He paused before replying,

“But you couldn’t tell him about me?”

“He called me ‘my princess’” you sighed, “I couldn’t just break his heart then”

“Then what about my heart.” He pointed to your heart.  “My heart is now in your heart, and I will never take it back.”

“L.joe how can I hurt him?”

“Do you love him?”

“Do I?”

“When you see me, do you think of him?”

“I don’t know.”

“Charlotte, I will never let you be hurt. I want you to know that I will never chain you down to anything that you’re unwilling to do. If you love him, I can let you go.” From his bag, he took out the hat he borrowed from you. Tears starting forming in your eyes.

“If you love him, take the hat back” he heaved a sigh, “our token of love, take it back”

Tears rolled down L.joe’s face. Your heart hurt. You grabbed his hand and placed it to your heart. You had found your answer.

“Listen to my heartbeat, you are the only person in the world to make my heart race and flutter at the same time. And last night, whether it was because you were jealous or not, I just want you to know that in my eyes, I could only see you. When I close my eyes, I could only see you.”

He stayed quiet waiting for you to continue. He wiped a tear from your face.

“When I look into your eyes, L.joe. I see myself. My life is reflected off you. Without you, I would be lost. I love you”

He took your hands kissing every finger. He pulled you into a hug. You embraced him back, he was your other half, and you just knew it.

“You’re mine now. I will love you only.”

He grabbed your phone from your purse and texted CAP.

~I have a boyfriend.

For once, L.joe was manning up to the problem. You slept together that night, hand in hand. There was one thing you knew; you loved him, but he loved you even more.