Pandora's Box (Sungmin&&YOU)

SUPER JUNiOR&&YOU; [ ONE SHOTS ]
Author’s Note: Hello! All the Sungmin lovers, here is Sungmin’s oneshot. “_____” stands for you or your name.

.o0o.

Title: Pandora’s Box

Author: Natalie1093

Characters: Lee Sungmin && You

.o0o.

“Hope.”

“It’s the only thing that lay at the bottom of Pandora’s Box.”

“It’s the only thing that lies at the bottom of my heart.”

“I hope you are happy.”

“I hope you are well.”

“I hope to see you again.”

“I hope to see you smile.”

“I hope to hold you again and tell you..”

“I love you...”

.o0o.

[ Flash back ]

[ November ,2004 ]

“Excuse me miss.” I shyly said. I wandered around the museum of Greek History, hoping to find something interesting about Greek mythology for our English class. Aiish, I have to practice with my hyungs later too, I hear that we’ll be having our debut soon.

“Yes?” She softly said, she was about a year younger than me, but from what I saw, she knew a lot more than I do. Plus, she had a name tag that gave me the clue that she works here.

“I was wondering if there was anything interesting about Greek Mythology that you can help me with.” I explained. She furrowed her eyebrows, her lips were pouting, probably thinking of something.

“Hmmm.. I don’t know if I’m allowed to do this. But you look like you’re desperate.” She said and smiled at me. I felt a blush threatening to creep up. She turned her back from me and started to walk. I followed her, wondering where she’s going.

“Here we are.” She happily said as she turned to face me. She was really pretty, my heart raced.

“Err..What are we doing here?” I asked. We were inside a really big room with only a vase at the center of the room with a light focused on it.

“This, is going to help you with your problem.” She replied as she walked towards the vase and examined it closely. I titled my head and followed her. I examined the vase. The vase was old and really looked like it was from ancient Greece. I saw a woman painted on the vase; she was holding a box with a frightened look on her face. The box was open and she was surrounded by frightening faces, no wonder she looked frightened with those faces surrounding her. I was too engrossed with the vase that I didn’t notice her looking at me.

“I’m Shin ______ by the way.” She said as she stretched her hand waiting for me to shake it and tell her name.

“I’m Lee Sungmin.” I replied as I shook her hand. We both let go of each other’s hand and look back at the vase.

“So what’s this called?” I asked as I examined the vase further.

“Pandora’s Box.” She answered.

[ End of Flashback ]

“Sungmin, you have got to stop this.” Our Head of SM Entertainment, Lee Soo Man said. His face that had aged for so many years was now full of worry. I understood him; we had to be careful of our actions because not only we, members, and the company will suffer but everyone close to us.

“I know, teacher.” I replied. My heart ached, not only am I affecting my health but my members and the company’s status as well.

“I understand how you feel, but this is the choice you’ve made. Soon, when things blow over and when your fans will accept it. Then you can continue with your relationship araso?” Lee Soo Man said being gentle.

‘But I’ll never get her back.’ I thought but nodded instead to reply. I stood up and bid Lee Soo Man goodbye and got on the car and went back to the dorm.

.o0o.

“Ah! Sungminnie!” I heard my name being called. I turned around to see Yesung hyung coming out of our dorm door. I greeted him. He smiled sadly at me, instantly he understood.

“C’mon, I was just going up to the 12th floor dorm to hang out with the others but it seems you need someone to talk to. C’mon let’s go inside.” He softly said as he ushered me inside and to the living room. I sat on the floor and Yesung hyung sat across me. He waited for me to say something but I kept quiet.

“You have to get over it someday Sungmin. Sooner or later, you’ll forget her.” Yesung hyung said. I looked at him.

“Why hyung? Have you gotten over that woman? Have you forgotten her?” I dared to aks him. Yesung hyung was taken back. I could hear Heechul hyung play the piano above us. I could hear Kangin hyung singing sadly above also. After a short time of silence I realized what I’ve done.

“Hyung, I’m sorry.” I apologized as I moved closer to him and held his hand. He shook his head and smiled at me.

“It’s okay. Actually, I was hoping that I’d able to do that, you, our hyungs maybe our dongsaengs too. We wish to get over the happy the happy memories and to forget the girl we spent those memories with, but we can’t.” Yesung hyung said sadly.

“Hyung..” I said, not knowing to say. Even though I know that my hyungs are only trying to cheer me up. We all know that we’re all hurting inside.

“Fame and Love, can never be mixed right?” Yesung hyung said bitterly. I squeezed his hand tighter.

“Hyung..” I said worriedly. He looked up at me, with his eyes having sorrow and understanding mixed in them.

“All we can do is Hope.” Yesung hyung said sadly. I looked at him and one thought crossed my mind.

“Hope.”

[ December, Flashback ]

[2004]

“_____-AH!” I shouted. The museum was empty and dark. Me and _____ became good friends in such a short time. I wish we were more. So, here I was looking for _____ because after opening the back door to the museum, she decided it would be funny to run off and leaving me. How we were able to get in? Being the daughter of the director of the museum is one of _____’s perks.

“_____-AH~!” I shouted again as I walked the dark halls. Aish, this place, is really scary at night. The statues seem to stare at you and follow you where ever you go. Some of them don’t have arms! I mean, if you’re going to make a statue shouldn’t you at least finish it? I have a point don’t I? Hehe.

“______-AH!!” I shouted for the third time. Again, silence answers me. This was serious, she’s not answering me at all. No footsteps heard, no giggle, nothing. I was getting scared. What if she left? What is there was a murderer that snuck in too? Aish! I’m too young to die and I haven’t debuted yet!

“____-ah?” I called out quietly this time as I took quiet steps and looked around. Where could she be? What if she got hurt? What if she got lost? Neh, her family owns this place. But! What if there really is a murderer on the loose and got to ____?

“_____-ah!” I called out worriedly. I started to run around. Where could she be? I stopped before the Pandora vase and looking around while I squinted my eyes, my eyes aren’t made for the dark I guess.

“BOO!” A voice yelled. I screamed, in a manly way of course. After I calmed down, I saw the figure that scared me on the floor, laughing and rolling.

“Yah! Shin _____! What do you think you were doing huh?!” I scolded her. My God, what did she eat to be so energetic tonight? She didn’t answer me; instead she lay on the floor trying to catch her breath while giggling. Aish, this girl. Suddenly she stopped giggling; I guess she maintained her breathing. She still lay on the floor, on her stomach, staring into nothing I was thinking she’d say something but she suddenly became silent and had had a serious expression on her face.

“Yah. _____, are you okay?” I asked as I titled my head. She didn’t answer me. What’s wrong with her?

“Yah.” I said again. But still, no answer. My worry grew as she continues to be silent. I decided to lay on the floor on my stomach next to her and face her. My god, she really is pretty.

“You..” She said. I raised my eyebrows and “hmmm-ed”.

“You’re going to debut next year right?” She asked. I nodded in response and raised one eyebrow. She never asked me questions about me being a trainee or about my debut.

“What about it?” I asked. She pursued her lips; she looked like she was unsure about she was going to say.

“When you debut…” She said while trailing off. I nudged her to continue.

“When you debut, are you going to forget me?” She asked shyly. My eyes widened and my heart rate quickened. She had a worried look on her face, her cheeks were flushed and she couldn’t look me in the eye and started drawing nonsense on the floor with her finger. I grabbed and held her hand in mine. She looked at me shyly. I smiled at her and placed her hand on my cheek.

“How could I ever forget you? I’m in love with you.” I confessed with full confidence, why would I be shy about it? It’s true anyways.

“Really?” She said innocently. Ah. She’s so cute!

“Of course.” I answered and smiled. She smiled back.

“Saranghae.” I said as she caresses my cheek with her hand.

“Saranghae.” She said back to me. I couldn’t help but smile wider. And we stayed like that forever, until the sun came up.

[ End of Flashback ]

“C’mon. Let’s go up to the others okay?” Yesung hyung said as I shook away from my thoughts. We got up and proceeded to the 12th floor dorm. We were silent along the way up. As you’d expect from the 12th floor dorm, they’d be really noisy. Well, they are. We’re already in front of the door. I could hear Leeteuk hyung’s laugh, Shindong hyung’s constant jokes, Heechul hyung and Kangin hyung’s singing and Hankyung hyung’s scolding. Kibum and Siwon live away. I think Siwon lives with his parents.

“Hyungs~ We’re here!” Yesung hyung said as we entered and took off our shoes. Leeteuk hyung and Shindong hyung welcomed us. Heechul hyung and Kangin hyung continued to sing to the karaoke. Hankyung greeted us while he was in the kitchen.

“Hey, where are the others?” Yesung asked.

“Ah, Kibum’s with his drama thing. Donghae and the others have schedules.” Leeteuk hyung explained.

“You don’t have schedules today?” I asked. Heechul hyung who should be doing his drama too right now is here and the other hyungs are here too. Maybe either their schedules start later or it’s their day off. I then took a seat on the sofa next to Leeteuk hyung who sat next to Shindong hyung.

“Cheer up Sungmin.” Heechul hyung said as he sat next to me after he and Kangin were done singing. Kangin hyung sat on the floor and placed his arms on the coffee table while Yesung hyung sat next to him. Hankyung hyung soon came in with a tray full of food and placed it on the coffee table and sat on the floor next to Yesung hyung.

“So, why are you guys here?” Heechul hyung asked as Heebum arrived on his lap. I petted the cat’s head and didn’t say anything.

“Is this about the scandal Sungmin ah?” Hankyung hyung asked me. The light mood turned into a serious one.

“You know, you’re not the only one suffering Sungmin ah.” Leeteuk hyung said as he patted my back.

“Let it out Sungmin.” Kangin hyung said as Shindong hyung nodded in agreement.

“It’s just so unfair. If I knew that things would’ve gotten so much out of hand...” I said as I buried my face on my hands as soft tears start to come out. Leeteuk hyung and Heechul hyung then each placed an arm around me.

“How is she Sungmin ah?” Hankyung asked. I looked up with sorrow and hurt in my eyes. I didn’t answer them as the hurtful memories from 2 weeks ago were still fresh in my mind.

[Flashback]

[2 weeks ago]

“Surprise!” I exclaimed as I presented a cake in front of her. After 6 years of dating and knowing each other. I’m doing well in entertainment business since our debut in 2005. _____ took over her father’s position and became the Directress of the museum.

“Hey.” She greeted my happily as she put down the papers for her desk and smiles brightly up at me.

“Happy 6th anniversary Chagiya~” I sang as I put icing on her nose and some parts of her face. She screamed and yelled but nevertheless, she was happy.

“Yah! Do you have to that?” She said as she wipes the icing off her face. As she concentrates on wiping the icing off her I saw this as a chance to do it. I then when around her table and stood to her side. Then I moved her and her director’s chair to face me. I then took a small box out of my pocket and got down on one knee and opened the small box and waited for her to finish.

“You know, you could just feed me the cake but no, you just had to...” She trailed off as she wiped off the last of the icing. She wondered why she was facing the right side of the room and then looked around for me. She then looked down and she had a shocked expression on her face. She dropped her handkerchief on the floor and covered with her hands.

“Wha..” She said but trailed off and covered with her hands again.

“Remember Pandora’s Box? You said, when Pandora opened it all kinds of bad stuff came out of it. But at the very bottom there lay Hope. “I said. I couldn’t look at her. My heart was pounding that I could hear it. My hands were trembling, the ring might fall off.

“This is the Hope Diamond ring. I want to remind you that in this world there are two things that will always love you and protect you and to guide you. The first is hope, and the second is me…” I continued but then trailed off as I dared to look into her eyes.

“Marry me, Shin ______.”

.o0o.

:: HEADLINE: SUPER JUNIOR’S LEE SUNGMIN, ENGAGED?! ::

:: OUR SUNGMINNIE, GETTING HITCHED?! ::

:: LEE SUNGMIN ELOPING WITH MYSTERY WOMAN? ::

::SUPER JUNIOR, MARRY U FOR REAL?!::

:: SUNGMIN, GETTING MARRIED! ::

The next day after I proposed to _____, news like this spread so fast that I didn’t know it happened until I got up this morning with Kyuhyun and Ryeowook, Eunhyuk with Yesung came into the room and woke me up and showed me all of the articles of me getting married to _____. I mean, all the people that knew were the members and the manager. Today was the day, I’d tell the company of my engagement but how could this get out?

It couldn’t be her. She was the one who wanted to keep our relationship a secret for a while. But, how did it get out?

“Hyung, you should read this one especially.” Ryeowook said as he placed the laptop on my lap with the article already opened. It read:

:: LEE SUNGMIN BREAKS HEARTS WITH ENGAGEMENT::


“Super Junior’s Lee Sungmin has betrayed and broken the heart of so many fans with his engagement with some ty bookworm from the Museum of Greek History. I used to be a big fan of Sungmin, seriously I was. But now that he betrayed and broken my heart as I know to other fans as well. When did he meet this anyways? I used to think bookworm were innocent, smart girls but I guess I thought wrong. This news is even worse than the time Kim Heechul kissed Sungmin! The kiss we can forgive, but this? No! Who is this girl anyways? Argh, I can’t take this. Sungmin oppa, couldn’t do this. That witch thing must’ve done something to him, seduced him or something! I cannot stand by this. I have to save Sungmin. I have to do something to stop this. This of a bookworm will pay. The will get what’s getting. You better watch out, Shin ______!”

The hairs on my back stood up at this article. How could such a person say this about my _____? My anger rose, _____ is not a ! She is smart,kind and gentle and I love her! She knew me even before I debuted. I sighed. I love my fans very much and I am very thankful to them for the love and support they give. Like my fans, I love _____ also. Like my fans, without her I wouldn’t be here. To choose between fans and love is hard and tricky thing to do. Idols, Actors and Actresses, all celebrities must understand how I am feeling.

“Hyung, don’t be sad. You should check out some the comments.” Eunhyuk said. I scrolled the mouse down to look at the comments. It read:

:: Comment Box ::

X2X3X0 says:

Hey! I’m actually very happy for them. You shouldn’t act so immature. I wanna see him and the girl get married. ^^

LovesSungmin87353 says:

Me too! I mean, if you’re really his fan, wouldn’t you want to see him happy? I mean dude, he has the right to date and marry anyone. SUJU and Sungmin oppa Hwaiting! : D

YEAH171635 says:

You are so immature! I mean, like the girl before me said. If you really are a fan, you should be happy for him. I mean, the guy is getting married! Do you know how hard it is to find a nice girl? And I pretty sure that Sungmin knows what he’s going into. Marriage is a big step, do you think he’d go through this without thinking it through or if he didn’t love this Shin ____ ? He must really love her if he wanted to marry her and if the girl really was a wouldn’t she be bragging to everyone that she’s dating and now marrying him? They must really love each other. You can’t truly call yourself a fan if you don’t want to be happy for your idol. SUJU Fighting! ^^

My anger suddenly disappeared. Here are the fans that I love, who supports my decisions. I felt so blessed and lucky that I have a family that loves me, members that care for me and fans who support me and a girl to love me for me. I mean, this is what I call the PERFECT life.

.o0o.

I walked along the street later that day with a bouquet and a paper bag of food on my right hand and a smile on my face. Of course, I put on the proper disguise. But in the back of my mind, I can’t forget that article. If anything were to happen to her. I don’t know what I’d do. I looked at my watch, it read 1: 00 pm. She probably hasn’t had lunch yet considering she always forgets it. I then rushed towards the museum, probably all the workers there would be having their lunch breaks by now. Great, I can have ____ to myself. I smile even wider at that thought.

.o0o.

In a few minutes, I arrived at the museum. As I thought, the place was empty. I walked inside and walked along the familiar halls. Suddenly, I felt something bumped me, a girl rushing towards the exit. She was wearing a cap so I didn’t see her face. She didn’t even notice she bumped into someone. Seeing that girl run made me scared, something was wrong. I can sense it.

“AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!” A voice screamed. _____! I let go of the bag and bouquet and followed the screams. I searched everywhere, her office, and the statues, everywhere, all except one place.

“Pandora’s Vase.” I whispered and ran as fast as I could. I was already at the door when I stopped at the horrible sight. There she was, in front of the vase with blood coming out of her lips, scratches, bruises all over her. My heart ached even more when I see her crawling on the floor, trying to stand up or get out of the room. I quickly rushed over her and scooped her under my arms and tried to talk to her.

“____ ah, who did this to you?” I said as I panicked. She looked at me but didn’t answer instead I could see the pain and hurt on her face. I could see the fear and terror in her eyes. I quickly ran out of the building with her on my arms. My disguise for my face fell off but I didn’t care. As soon as I got outside, people recognize me right away with a girl beaten almost to death in my arms.

“Please help her! Please! She needs help!” I yelled as people all around crowded us, I could see people calling for help, some taking pictures, even videos. I didn’t care; I just want her to get help. My poor ____, who would do this horrible thing to her?

Soon, the ambulance came and took her away from me. As I watched her being placed on the stretcher, tears won’t stop falling. Why her? I watched helplessly as I watch her being carried off to the ambulance. As I still helplessly while the ambulance doors close. The answer to my question finally came, the girl, the article. She did it. Oh my god.

“_____-ah!” I screamed as my knees gave out and I am left crying in the street with people watching me. The only thing I can do now is hope.

[ End of Flashback ]

“ I don’t know hyung.” I lied. I know exactly how she’s been. I just couldn’t say it, I can’t bring to myself to realize the truth.

“Hyungs, I’ll be resting now.” I told them and without waiting for their response. I left the room and as soon as I arrived at our floor, I quickly opened the door and dashed into my room and slammed the door shut. Tears again started to fall; sooner or later my hyungs would find out that she left. I leaned on the door and slid down and sat on the floor.

I reached down to my pocket and took out a piece of paper and a ring. I opened the letter and read the content. As I read it, another awful memory came to my just 2 days ago.

[Flashback]

[ 2 days ago ]

It’s almost been 2 weeks since the incident and I haven’t visited and seen her even once. I miss her dearly and I want to see her so bad. But the company didn’t want any more scandal and said that I have to wait until today to visit her. So, today I now in the hospital, right in front of her room door.

I then opened the door and was going to surprise her but instead, nobody was in the room, just an empty bed. I looked around and wondered where she could be. Suddenly I heard footsteps come in. I thought it was her; I turned around and was greatly disappointed.

“Ah. You are Sungmin-shii, am I correct?” The nurse said. I nodded my head in response. She had a sad smile on her face and she stepped forward to me. She then took out something from her pocket. It was a letter. She then gave the letter to me and left. I looked at the letter; it had my name on it with _____’s writing. I quickly sat on the bed and opened the envelope and took out the letter and read it. It read:

“Sungmin,

I’m sorry for leaving like this but I couldn’t wait any longer. You see, what you didn’t know. Other than getting beaten I got stabbed. I got stabbed on my legs Sungmin. And the doctors said I might go lame if I don’t go to therapy right away. I know, why can’t I have my therapy here? I can’t the only place with the best centers is in the states. Sungmin ah, I’m sorry. I really am. I’m sorry for leaving like this. But I need to walk again; I don’t want to be a burden to you. Your dream is still starting and I don’t want it to be stopped by your lame wife. Sungmin ah, I love you, so so much that it hurts. It hurts me to leave you like this, but I’m doing this for you. Sungmin ah, I’m ready to work hard to be able to walk again. I’m only faithful to you. If you could wait for me when I come back I promise I won’t let you down. Sungmin ah, I really am sorry. Please wait for me. I’m doing this for us, please please understand. I love you so much. Remember what you told me? You said “In this world there are two things that will always love you and protect you and to guide you. The first is hope, and the second is me..” and you’re right. All I have is hope and you. Please don’t give on me. Please wait for me. I will work hard. When I come back I hope with all my heart that you still feel the same, I hope that when I come back you’ll smile brightly as you do and I hope with all my heart that when I come back you have this ring and ask me to marry you again. Because you already know the answer, no matter how many times you ask me it always is and forever a yes. Don’t give up on me, on us, on our love and on hope. Wait for me and I’ll come back to, running. My Lee Sungmin, I love you.

With all my Hope and Love,
Shin ________ “

I opened the envelope once again and pulled out the ring I gave her and enclosed it with my hand. With tears in my eyes I was determined that even if it takes forever, I’ll wait for her. With everything I have and hope, because I love her.

[ End of Flashback ]

“Hope.”

“It’s the only thing that lay at the bottom of Pandora’s Box.”

“It’s the only thing that lies at the bottom of my heart.”

“I hope you are happy.”

“I hope you are well.”

“I hope to see you again.”

“I hope to see you smile.”

“I hope to hold you again and tell you..”

“I love you...”

.o0o.

Author’s Note: Whoo~ Finally done! I think is the longest I’ve done. : D Last time I checked I think Heechul’s was the longest. Haha. I’m sorry for the mistakes, if I made any. Anyways, I hope you liked it. I also hope you’ll give me some comments. I really don’t get much comments but I appreciate all the comments I get. : ) Btw, all the user names used for the comments things are made up. If by coincidence some has the same user name. I'm sorry.

My new story: www.winglin.net/fanfic/Natalie1093_02

Take Care~