Cookies (Shindong&&YOU)

SUPER JUNiOR&&YOU; [ ONE SHOTS ]
Author’s Note: Here’s Shindong’s oneshot. “____” stands for you.

.o0o.

Title: Cookies
Author: Natalie1093
Characters: Shin Donghee/Shindong&&YOU
.o0o.

“What is the thing…”

“That will constantly..”

“Remind you of your..”

“True love…?”

“Your angel..?”

“Me..?”

“One Word..”

“Cookies.”

.o0o.

“Shindong-sshi.” I hear my name being called by the host. Hankyung hyung nudged me to answer the question the host asked me.
“What object can you describe love?” The host asked me. I smiled and answered him with one word.

“Cookies.” I replied. The some of the members smirked at my reply the others left it be. The host looked at me with curiosity.

“Why so?” The host asked me. I just smiled and start to remember her.

[ Flashback ]

“Welcome to _____’s bakeshop. How may I help you?” I looked up from all the yummy cakes that were displayed and set my eyes upon her. The beautiful angel that is gifted by God with her magical hands to create the most yummiest stuff in the world.

“I…I..” I was speechless, my heart rate went faster.

“Can I help you?” The angels said, I nodded my head and cleared my throat.

“Errr..what’s your specialty here?” I got the courage to ask her. The angel smiled and clapped her hands together. She quickly went to the back of the room and came out with a tray of cookies. She then when out of the counter and stood before me.

“Here. Try some.” The angel said as she offered me the cookies. I hesitantly took one and took a small bite out of it. One word can describe the taste.

Heaven.

“Is it good?” The angel asked. I nodded my head and took another cookie, and another until the tray was empty. As I saw the empty tray I quickly apologized to her. She laughed, an angelic laughed.
“It’s okay.” The angel assured me. I smiled at her.

“I’m Shindong.” I introduced myself¸ not forgetting my manners. She giggled.

“I know, you are very popular.” She said. I blushed and smiled.

“I’m Im _____.” The angel replied. Ah, so the angel did have a name.

[ End of Flashback ]

“I like cookies.” I replied to the host. Everyone in the studio laughed. Soon, it was time to end the interview and all the members proceeded to the exit. I looked at my wrist watch it was 5:30 pm. I still had time; I quietly sighed and followed the other members in the car.

“Shindong ah, what’s the hurry?” Hankyung hyung asked me. Heechul hyung looked up from the piece of paper he keeps looking at all the time. Leeteuk hyung also looked at me, Kangin hyung stopped looking at a magazine with his noona in it and Yesung hyung stopped folding paper cranes. All of them smirked at me.

“Yah, are you going to meet that cookie girl?” Heechul hyung said as he gave his signature smirk.

“Hyung, don’t into other people’s business.” Yesung said as he got back to folding paper cranes.

“Yesung right Heechul.” Hankyung hyung said patted Heechul hyung’s shoulder and read his book. Heechul shrugged and went back to his piece of paper. Kangin hyung has been really silent lately; he didn’t say anything but gave me a smile.

I looked out of the window and saw her bakeshop. My heart skipped a beat as I saw her giving some kids cake and patting their head. I wanted to ask the driver to stop but then my hyungs would have to be nosy again. So I’d wait until we’d get back to dorm and when my hyungs are either too busy or sleeping, or not even paying attention I go out to see her.

I know what you are thinking. How can a fat guy like me ever have a girl? Maybe she’s with me because I’m famous or because I earn a lot. But the truth is, she doesn’t even know I love her, no. She has not clue at all.

I smile bitterly and my heart ached. How can she not know you say? I don’t know either, maybe because I lack confidence or because I want to protect her from fan girls or maybe because I love her too much that I can’t say it. I sighed and took my phone out of my pocket. I saw I had received a message. I opened it and thought it was a message from a fan. I was mistaken.

“Shindong Oppa,

I made a new batch of cookies; it has caramel chips and peanuts. : D Try them when you come by the shop. Araso?

Fighting!

_______ : )”

My tired body has been regained its liveliness, my heart soared and I smiled so wide that I noticed Hankyung hyung together with Heechul hyung at Leeteuk hyung smiled at me.

“Something good must’ve happened.” I heard Leeteuk hyung whisper to Heechul hyung and Hankyung. I saw Yesung hyung and Kangin hyung ears perked up. I rolled my eyes and chuckled.

“Nosy Hyungs.”

.o0o.

We finally reached our dorm, Yesung hyung preceded to his dorm on the 11th while the ones that live on the 12th floor are already in their room all except Leeteuk hyung and I who were watching TV. I can softly hear Heechul hyung playing the piano behind his closed door. Kangin hyung was in his room, probably sleeping. Hankyung hyung’s room was open and I could see him lying on his bed still reading the same book. I looked down at the coffee table, there paper cranes were all around.

“Shindong ah.” Leeteuk hyung called me; I turned my head to look at Leeteuek hyung who had his eyes glued on the commercial for a carnival where they show a couple on the merry-go-round.

“Yes hyung?” I said. Leeteuk hyung had a bittersweet smile on his face as he watched the couple from TV.

“Go buy me some cake from that bakeshop we passed by on the way.” Leeteuk hyung said as he handed me the money without tearing his eyes off the television. I knew that he knew that I wanted to go there, but I didn’t have the chance yet. Ahh, I’m really grateful to have a great hyung like him.

“Okay.” I said as I took the money and proceeded to the door. When I was about to go out of the door then Leeteuk hyung’s words stopped me.

“Make sure that this time, you tell her how you feel.” Leeteuk hyung said, as he changed the channel. I nodded and went out.

.o0o.

“Oh! Shindong oppa!” _____ said as she stood up from her seat. I smiled at her as she greets me.

“Teukie hyung wanted some cake, so I’m here to buy some.” I explained. The angel smiled at me and motioned me to take a seat while she gets my order. As she disappeared to the back room. I looked around the shop, I noticed she had boxes piled on one corner. My curiosity sparked, why did she have all of these boxes?

“Here’s your order. And a plate of cookies for free.” She happily said as she brings out a pink box and a plate with her. She placed both objects on the table. She sat right across me with a smile on her face.

“Have some.” ____ offered. I took one and examined it, so this is the new cookie she’s been talking about. I took a bite and ate the whole cookie. I smiled. As usual you can describe _____ ah’s baking in one word.

“Heavenly.” I said as I finished the whole plate. I looked at _____ as she bites down her lip and had a look of worry.

“_____ ah, what’s wrong?” I asked her, concerned. What could’ve made my angel so sad?

“Nothing Oppa.” _____ said, giving me an assuring smile. She looked at me, with her cheeks flushed.

“Umm, oppa.. i…” She shyly said. I leaned forward to listen to what she has to say. I noticed her face git redder, I was worried. Is she getting sick?

“Oppa…I…I..sara..” She said, but then my phone cut her off.

*RiNGGGGGGGG*

“Wait a minute.” I told her. She looked down sadly and then turned to look at the boxes piled at the corner.

[ Phone Moment ]

“Yoboseyo?” I said.

“Shindong hyung, it’s me.” A voice replied.

“Ah,Sungmin ah, what’s wrong?” I asked. I looked over at _____, who stared sadly at the boxes. Why does she look so sad?

“Kangin hyung told me to tell you that you should come back to your dorm hyung. The managers are coming to do an inspection.” Sungmin explained.

“Oh. Okay, I’ll be right there. Thanks.” I replied.

“No problem hyung.” Sungmin replied and hung up.

[ End of Phone Moment ]

“_____ let’s continue this conversation next time. I need to go back to greet our managers.” I explained as I stood up and took Leeteuk hyung’s cake. She smiles sadly and nods and leads me to the door.

“Take Care oppa.” _____ said before closing the door and turning off the lights. Before I started to walk back to the dorm, I suddenly remembered something.

“, I forgot to confess!” I exclaimed and kicked a random can on the street then frustrated walked back to the dorm.

.o0o.

[ A week later ]

“Finally! We’re back home!” Donghae exclaimed as he jumped on his bed. Donghae also lived with us in the 12th floor. I smiled and went inside my room. Donghae was right, we were finally from our one week trip in Taiwan. Taiwan was great! We felt really good.

I could hear Heechul hyung play his song again and I listenend to it. It was entitled “Remember”. Kangin hyung said Heechul hyung’s love made it for him.Hankyung hyung’s ex-girlfriend made a book entitled “Once Upon A Time In China”. We didn’t say it but, we were a bit jealous that these hyung’s had things that the one they left and still loved made them something. But hey, my angel makes me cookies. It’s just that..she doesn’t know I love her. Suddenly, I remembered something. I sat up from my bed with an expression on my face.

“My confession.” I whispered. I quickly scrambled out of bed and panicked. How was I going to confess to her now? And then one word escaped me from my lips, the only way I can confess to her.

“Cookies.” I exclaimed excitedly. I was on my way to the kitchen when I stopped on my tracks.

“How do I even make cookies?”

.o0o.

*KNOCK KNOCK*

I knocked on the other members who live on the 11th floor door. I waited for a few minutes and a sleepy Ryeowook answered the door.

“Hyung?” Ryeowook yawned.

“Wookie..” I said, not knowing how to put the right words in it. Ryeowook raised an eyebrow as he was still sleepy.

“I need to use your kitchen.” I said waiting for Ryeowook’s reply. Ryeowook stared at me blankly and blinked a few times, probably trying to register what I just said. Ryeowook’s eyes widened at he let out a gasp.

“WHAT?!” Ryeowook yelled and Ryeowook never yelled.

.o0o.

Like most of you know, Ryeowook loves to cook. Asking for a cookie recipe from Ryeowook is easy, using his kitchen however a whole different story is. After a few hours of explaining, bribing and even begging. I finally got Ryeowook to let me use his kitchen , what can I say? The kid believes in true love.

“Good luck hyung. Take good care of my kitchen.” Ryeowook said as he went back to his and Yesung’s room to sleep.

“Thanks.” I said. I walked over to the kitchen and looked at the tools and ingredients that Ryeowook prepared for making cookies. I gathered up all the energy and determination to make this somehow impossible task. I quickly wrapped an apron around my body and grabbed the recipe and an egg and started.

.o0o.

After hours on slaving over burnt cookies, cookies that look good but tastes like puke and being covered with flour, butter and egg yolk, I finally made them. My own batch of cookies for my angel, I then wrote “Saranghae my angel, Im ______” With icing. One the cookies, of course the each word is placed on one cookie and arranged. My heart soared. This must be the best confession in the whole wide world. I then placed the cookies inside a box and wrapped it with a ribbon.

I then smiled and placed a thank you note for Ryeowook and took the box of cookies upstair to the 12th floor dorm to clean myself up.

“Just wait Im _____, you’ll receive a confession you’ll never forget.”

.o0o.

I stopped at my tracks as I faced _____’s bakeshop door. I can’t believe what I was seeing. There in front of me was a sign on the door that I never wanted to see.

“OUT OF BUSiNESS .”

My heart fell, out of business? When did this happen? My hand went to the doorknob and turned it. Suprisingly, it opened. I walked inside. I first looked at the mirror. I examined myself, I wore formal wear and held the box of cookies I made with one hand. I looked around, the place looked empty. My heart broke. Why did my angel leave me?

I looked around again, I was wrong about the place being empty. There right across the room I saw the very table, the very chairs we sat on last week. Where she smiled and laughed and gave me cookies. Where I last saw my angel, where did she go? I then noticed a pink box on the table. I walked over to it and noticed a letter in front of it. I placed the box of cookies that I made on the table and took the letter in my hands.

“Shin Donghee.”

My name, my real name was written on the letter. I slowly opened it while my heart broke more and my fear rose but I bravely read the content.

“ Oppa,

I’m sorry. I didn’t get to tell you but… The bakeshop wasn’t doing well. Someone framed my bakeshop and its reputation was slowly getting ruined. I was going to tell you last week but you were too busy and I didn’t want to bother you. Oppa, I knew you are coming back from Taiwan tomorrow but I have to leave today. Oppa, I’m sorry. I really am. Oppa, for the last time, please accept these cookies I gave you. Please accept my feelings. I’m sorry. I hope we meet someday, for my heart wishes to.

Im ______”

My heart ached as tears flowed from eyes, why did she have to go? I looked at the letter, it was tear stained, she probably cried while writing this. Now, with my own tears the letter was even more stained. I opened the box of cookies I made for her. I then opened hers, My eyes widened at the sight, my heart broke even more and my tears blinded me.

“Saranghae, my angel, Im ______.” My cookies had these words written with icing. I then looked at her box with was next to mine.

“Saranghae,my oppa, Shin Donghee” Her cookies had these words written with icing. I fell on my knees. She loves me. But, she’s gone. If only I wasn’t too busy, she would’ve told me she was leaving. I could’ve help her keep her shop. I could’ve made her stay, here, with me. If only I wasn’t too busy, I would’ve had her im my arms right now. Thanking her, loving her. My angel. I cried, so hard. I felt like dying. Could have and should haves ran through my head. Images of her ran through my head as my heart ached.

Where could she be? My angel, where did you fly? Why did you leave me without tell me you loved me? Why didn’t you wait for me? Questions ran through my head and I cried even harder. Where is she? Where is my true love? Where is my angel? Where is Im _____? WHERE IS SHE?!

“Saranghae, my angel, Im ____.” I whispered as I cried to myself as I lay down on the cold floor.

“My angel, Im _____. Saranghae.”

.o0o.

“What is the thing…”

“That will constantly..”

“Remind you of your..”

“True love…?”

“Your angel..?”

“Me..?”

“One Word..”

“Cookies.”

.o0o.

Author’s Note: Phew~ I’m finally done! This was harder to write then Kangin’s. But I did it! Haha. I’m sorry for the slow updating. I’ve been quite busy.

I have a blog! Tell me if you want to see, I’ll give you the link. :D

Please Comment. : D
Take Care~