Finding The Dog's Owner

Speaking Through Closed Lips

-Next day-

I woke up early at 6, to put up the flyers for the lost dog around the streets. I threw my bag over my shoulders and placed the flyers inside. After making sure no one was awake I quietly snuck out the front door keeping the puppy on a leash. I stuck the flyers to every other street light I passed. 'I hope we can find your owner soon. ' I bent down to the puppy, grazing it's fur back; unknowingly I smiled again. 'Lets finish putting these up, and then I'll give you a snack, okay pumpkin?' I mouthed to the puppy and it answered back by my cheek and barking playfully. 'Lets go! ' I smiled.

-His POV -

"Dad, I'm trying. She doesn't even talk to me."

"Hyun, you know very well what this deal can do for the company. "

"I know, will you stop telling it to me over and over again!" I yelled back.

"Hyun! " my mother shouted in shock.

"I'm sick of this day in and out. You don't even see me as your son, just as a pawn to use for the good of the company! " I smacked the door as I exit the house. I kept walking on the empty streets, until I saw someone familiar. 'Hyelyn? ' I peeked from behind the alley wall. ' What is she doing out this early? It's a weekend, what work could she have?' I looked at her as she bent down and laughed to some small thing. 'Is that what she was holding the other day?' She continued to walk with a puppy, sticking some papers to the brick walls.

I quietly took a look at one of the posters. 'She's looking for the owner of the dog? '

-Her POV -

"Hey! " I looked back to the familiar voice. 'What?! Even here?? What is he a stalker??'

"Need some help? "

'What's he doing here, 6 in the morning? '

"What are you looking at me like that for?"

I looked at my watch to make sure it was 6. It was only 20 minutes past.

"If your wondering what I'm doing here so early in the morning, I just came for a walk."

'Yeah, right. Did my father put him up to this? '

Without me saying anything he grabbed the flyers and started to stick them up. I snatched them back and continued to stick them up. He slipped them out of my hand and again started to stick them to the walls. 'Whatever, the faster I get this finished, the faster I get to head back home. ' I pulled more flyers out of my bag and continued to stick them up.

(…)

I breathed out exhausted, after unknowingly competing against him.

"Done! " he shouted from the opposite end of the street. He ran up to me, as I walked past him back to my house. "Oh, yeah, Congrats on the contest. Your painting was pretty cool. But, wasn't it different from the one in your room?" I paused for awhile, looking at him, and then picked the dog up before entering my house.

-His POV -

"See you-" before I could finish she smacked the door in my face. "later then... "

-NEXT DAY-

"Wake up," a voice knocked at the door over and over. Finally I got up and after changing into a simple dress came downstairs to eat. At the table, was that boy again.

"Hey! " he smiled.

'Again?'

"Hyun is having breakfast with us today. Your father and I are going out for a meeting and won't be back until late night. He'll stay with you until then. " my stepmother spoke.

'What?! I have to spend an entire day with that guy?? Why can't I just stay here alone? ' I grabbed a seat and finished my eggs and juice.

"We're going!" the door closed behind them. I walked upstairs and roughly tied my hair up. After cleaning up, I flung my bag over my shoulders and went downstairs.

"Are you going somewhere? " he popped out of the kitchen.

I pointed at the dog at the end of the leash.

"Oh, can I come? "

I walked out the door and he followed without care. I walked down the steep street to the park. 'Why does it have to be so hot today?' I fanned myself using my hand.

"It's hot!" he stretched back. "Oh! I'll be right back, wait here! " he ran off.

'Where's he going? ' I sat down on a bench next to me and waited.

(…Few minutes later…)

"Pali, pali! " I looked back and saw him quickly walking towards me, holding two ice cream cones. "Hurry, pick one! Its melting!" I quickly grabbed one without thought, in confusion.

"Whew! " he sat down, handing me some napkins. I looked back at the kids in the park. "Aren't you going to eat your ice cream? " he looked at me.

I looked back at his ice cream telling him that he hadn't eaten his either. "Oh." I took his vanilla ice cream and gave him my chocolate one. "Woah! How'd you know? " he looked at me in surprise. It wasn't much of a shocker, considering that he kept looking at my chocolate ice cream. I my ice cream and looked at the puppy. Once we had finished the ice cream we headed back to the house, unfortunately the phone rang as soon as weentered. I quickly ran to the bathroom and locked the door.

"Hyelyn! The phone's ringing! " he yelled from below.

'What am I supposed to do?? I can't go downstairs right now. '

The phone eventually stopped ringing and I came back down.

"I picked the phone up, I hope you don't mind. It was from the owner of the dog. They're coming to pick it up right now. "

I looked at him in shock. 'What?? Now? '

-His POV -

*Ring ring ring ring ring * The phone kept ringing, but she wouldn't come down so I answered it incase ot was an emergency. "Hello? "

"Hello? This is for the lost dog flyers. " A woman spoke on the other side of the phone,

"Oh, are you the owners? "

"I think so, does the pup have a red collar? It says Pumpkin on it? "

"Yeah, when would you like to pick it up?"

"Anytime is good. "

"Oh, then how about now? "

"If you don't mind."

"Not at all."

"I'll be there in a few minutes then."

"Sounds good. "

I hung up. 'Now, she'll have to talk. ' I smiled at my plan, excited.

Hyelyn finally came down after a while.

"I picked the phone up, I hope you don't mind. It was from the owner of the dog. They're coming to pick it up right now. "

She looked at me shocked at my words.

"Is something wrong? "

*Ding Dong *

We both looked at the door.

"They're here. Answer the door while I get the dog." I went to get the dog from the living room.

-Her POV -

I opened the door and saw a woman with her daughter. "Hello, we're here for our dog." they smiled. I smiled back, nodding. Hyun walked to the door, carrying the puppy.

"Pumpkin!" the little girl reached for the dog.

"Oh, Thank you!" the girl hugged the dog. I smiled and waved to them before shutting the door.

*sigh* 'Thank goodness they didn'task anything.' I walked to the tv room.

-His POV-

'What?? That's it? Come on ' I pouted in dissapointment in my plan.

-Her POV-

I sat down and flicked the t.v. on. He joined me, sitting next to me. After putting on some random movie I put the remote on the table and grabbed a cushion.

-His POV -

(Evening) 

I looked to the side, where she had fallen on the sofa. 'She's already asleep? ' I placed a blanket on her and quietly left the house, returning to mine.

-Next day -
(Her POV)
When I opened my eyes I was lying on the sofa in the living room.
'Did he finally leave?'