She's Mute.

Speaking Through Closed Lips

Ilsuk walked up to the roof luckily catching up with Hyelyn just before she left. "Hyelyn! "

'He's back??! ' She ran past him before he could catch her arm this time.

"Wai-"

She smacked the door behind her as she ran down the stairs leaving him alone.

"Aish! " he kicked the door walking to the bench. He ruffled his hair, sitting down in frustration.

-Hyelyn POV-

"Yah! " Hyelyn looked back and saw the girl from before at the top of the stairs. "Why were you with Ilsuk oppa? "

Hyelyn turned back and continued down, but the other girls from the washroom blocked her path.

"Well? " the girls asked.

She stayed quite knowing that they had probably seen everything.

"I'm sick of this b*tc#. " The girl from behind walked down forcing Hyelyn into a corner. The girl shook her head to the left, signalling the girls to the stairs.

The girls got closer, making Hyelyn step backwards.

"Why don't you yell for one of your oppa's help now? " the girl smirked, nudging Hyelyn back.

Her body hit the cement, rolling down the hard steps. The girls laughed, walking down.

"Not going to scream?"

"Oh~ Did you two have a fight? Ha ha! "

Hyelyn grit her teeth to stop the pain, but the bleeding wouldn't stop hurting.

"Scream. Go ahead. Call for your oppa. " The girl slapped Hyelyn's cheek. Hyelyn's expression finally showed her pain, opening to scream, but no voice came out.

The girl looked at her confused and slapped her again. "Scream! "

Hyelyn still didn't make a noise, but showed the same expression again. The girl's confused expression quickly changed into a smirk. "Guys, guess what?" she looked content with a discovery. "I just found Hyelyn's little secret. "

"What? " the girls looked at her.

"The real reason she doesn't speak. " she smiled with pride while Hyelyn sat frozen in fear. "She's.."

"Hyelyn! "

The girls looked back shocked at the sudden appearance of Ilsuk who ran down.

"I-Ilsuk oppa? " the girl looked back, eyes widened in fear he had seen everything.

"What happened?! " he looked at Hyelyn bruises.

"Sh-she fell down the stairs. We were just trying to help, but she won't take our help. " she looked back at Hyelyn.

"I'll take her to the infirmary, you guys can get back to class. "

"Ne, oppa. " she turned to leave, but paused. "Take very good care of yourself, we wouldn't want you to fall down from somewhere else. " she gave an insincere smile and continued back to class.

"Give me your arm. " Ilsuk helped Hyelyn up.

She removed her arm and tried to walk but her ankle collapsed. This time without any words he put her arm around his shoulder and took her straight to the nurse.

"You've just sprained it a little. Its no big deal, just rest it for a couple of days and refrain from doing anything that could put strain on it. " After bandaging it the nurse grabbed a small ointment from the cabinet, handing it to her. "Apply this to reduce the swelling if it swells too much. "

"Thank you. " Ilsuk helped her up and again she removed his hand, walking to class on her own. He looked back at the nurse and again thanked him before leaving.

As she entered the class everyone silenced themselves staring at her or avoiding eye contact. They whispered a few words to each other when she passed by them.

"Is she really mute?? "

"Must be, that's probably why she never speaks "

"What a weirdo. "

"Can't believe she acts so arrogant when she's like.. that. "

As she tried to get to her seat someone stuck their foot out purposely tripping her.

"Hyel-" Hyun cut himself off looking at the people around him.

"Hyelyn. " Ilsuk helped her up looking at the girl behind him.

The girl stuck her leg back in and looked away quickly, wiping her smile off along with the other girls.

Finally class started and Hyelyn was able to busy herself with something. After she had finished the work she continued to act as if she were still reading just so she wouldn't have to get up and walk past the girl's snickers and looks.

A week past and everyone still had the weird expressions on their faces. Even Hyelyn's parents had started to notice that something was off when Hyun didn't show up to their family dinners. She had isolated herself even more and sometimes came home late. Ilsuk tried to cheer her up , but even he couldn't protect her from the student's glares and snickers.

"Listen up!" The teacher clapped her hands bringing attention to the front. "It's now time to group up into partners of two for the monthly contest. This month the topic is dance. It can be any kind as long as both students partake together. The evaluation will be at the end of this month. Once you've gotten into a couple sign up at the sheet on the door, within this week."

Quickly all the girls rushed to the two new boys as expected.

"Oppa! Wanna be partners with me? "

"I'm really good at dancing!"

"I've taken dance classes since I was 3!"

"I was dancing in my mom's womb, I was born to dance! "

"Yeah right! I'm better at dancing than all of you! "

"What'd you say?? Better than me? My mom was a professional dance teacher!"

"Exactly! She was! "

"Yah! Atleast she isn't- "

Ilsuk escaped from the crowd as they distracted themselves in their argument .

"Ilsuk." Tia approached him.

He looked back at her, making his way to Hyelyn.

"Be my partner? "

"Sorry, I'm already partnered with someone else. "

"Who? " she glanced at Hyelyn, who sat quietly at her desk just a few feet away.

"Hyelyn. " He grabbed her hand.

"...fine. " Tia looked away, accidentally spotting Hyun who was busy looking at Ilsuk and Hyelyn. "I'll just go with Hyun. " She glanced at Hyelyn as she said his name. "Hyun oppa! " she pulled his sleeve leading him to the door to sign up.

Hyelyn pulled her hand back to herself, semi-glaring at Ilsuk.

"What? Don't want to be partners with me? Hmm?~ but I even got us tickets to see the sold out play for Swan Lake. " he looked at her as her expression shifted. "But, if you don't want to I guess I'll go on my own. "

She stayed with her choice, not accepting his bribery.

"You're not gonna stop me from leaving? Even with the brib- I mean tickets to the play? " his eyes widened at how she didn't fall for his bribery. "Don't you like ballet? You've always wanted to see the play though??...*sigh* Fine I won't force you to partner with me, but at least accept my invitation. " he smiled.

Her expression calmed and he took that as an agreement.

"I'll pick you up tonight at 7. "

[...That Night at Hyelyn's House...]

"Where are you going? " Mrs. Kang asked, scanning her up from head to toe.

Hyelyn drew a "7" with both her hands.

"Ah, a play?? With who? Hyun?? " she asked looking forward to the answer.

Hyelyn nodded so the woman would stop interfering.

"Oh, finally! " she grinned. "Go quickly! "

At the theater she met up with Ilsuk and went straight to the play's auditorium.

"Nice timing, it's about to start. " he walked her in as the lights dimmed. The play began, instantly capturing Hyelyn's mind, but Ilsuk couldn't focus and with out notice kept shifting his gaze to Hyleyn every few minutes. He hadn't seen this side of her for so long and it amazed him that she still had it in her. She had let her guard down and he subconsciously leaned closer to her. Finally she noticed and looked back at him waiting for what he had to say. Suddenly he leaned closer to her, kissing her lips. Her eyes widened as she pushed him away. Her shock quickly turned to anger remembering the last time. It was right after her mother had passed away.

-Flashback-

"Hyelyn! " the boy ran up to her. "I have something to say to you. "

She looked to him curious.

"I... I'm moving to Canada and I, well before I leave, I wanted to let you know. You haven't been talking lately and... Will you miss me? "

She stayed quiet.

"I'll miss you.. " he quickly gave a kiss and ran back. "I'll come back some day! Don't forget me!! " he yelled from the end of the street waving as he ran away leaving her still.

-End-

'I should've known. ' She pushed him away walking out in the middle of the play.

"Hyelyn! " Ilsuk walked out behind her. As he grabbed her wrist she turned around, slapping him across the face. 

'All you think about is what you want! Just like before, you haven't changed. Just because I can't speak doesn't mean my thoughts don't count! ' She glared at him, yelling in her head.

She turned back and saw Tia and Hyun who had witnessed the scene. Ignoring them, she walked out of the theater.

"Hye..lyn. "

She turned back angry, but surprisingly saw Hyun.

"Are you okay? " he walked closer.

She looked away and tried to catch a taxi home.

"I'll drop you off. "

She walked farther away from him.

"Your mom thinks you're with me, she called me asking how the date was going. Don't you think she'll know that you lied if you come home without me?"

She put her arm down and looked back at him.