Tell The Truth

Speaking Through Closed Lips

"Okay guys!" The teacher clapped her hands. "I looked at the sign up sheets and a few of you still haven't paired up, so~ I will pair you now."

Some girls crossed their fingers while looking at Ilsuk.

"Jung-Hee you're with Hyun-"

"Yes!" The girl smiled to Hyun.

"Let me finish, you're with Hyun-Ae."

The girl's smiled wiped down as fast as she looked to the other girl who seemed just as devastated.

"Miss?!"

"I gave you guys a week so stop complaining."

"Tia you're with Ilsuk and Hyelyn's with Hyun."

Hyelyn looked to Hyun confused and then back at Ilsuk who also didn't seem to know what was going on.

"Miss, I'm pretty sure I already picked my partner. " Tia stood up along with Ilsuk.

"Well, that's not what it says on the sheet. Sorry, but no more changs can be made."

Tia sat down in dissatisfaction looking at Ilsuk for blame.

(...)

"Alright, I'll see you after lunch." The teacher stepped out.

"Ilsuk, can I talk to you for a second? " Tia walked to him.

"Sure, what is it? "

"Let's go out for awhile. "  She walked out.

Hyelyn walked to Hyun with hesitation as multiple eyes dawned on her, but before she could give him the note that was in her hand she walked away and left the class in a hurry.

'Why couldn't I just slip it?' Hyelyn sat against the wall of the building.

"Did you see her? She was trying to slip a note to him. " A girl's voice spoke from around the corner.

"Tch, she's the most ignorant person I've seen. " Another girl commented.

Hyelyn quickly got up to leave before they could spot her, but bumped into someone else.

"Tia! " the girls called.

Tia quickly pushed Hyelyn behind the corner wall.

"Hey! What're you guys doing here? " she smiled going to them to prevent them from getting any closer.

"We were just talking about the new pairings from today morning. " Jung-Hee and Hyun-Ae skipped to her side.

"Oh, right. You guys are a new pair right? "

"Yeah, but what about you and Ilsuk. Didn't you and Hyun sign up together? " Jung-Hee asked.

"I don't know, maybe he forgot. He's always dazed out anyways. "

"Well, atleast you still got one of the good looking guys as your partner. " Hyun-Ae added blowing her gum.

"Yeah, I don't even know how we're supposed to do a couple dance with us two girls. " Jung-Hee exclaimed.

"Try Romeo & Juliet! "  Tia laughed.

"I'm Juliet! " Hyun-Ae stuck her arm up.

"You can't be serious! " Jung-Hee popped the bubble on Hyun-Ae's face.

"Let's go inside, it's kinda hot out here. " Tia fanned herself with her hands. "Oh! I think I dropped my bracelet. " She looked at her wrist.

"What'd it look like? " Jung-Hee looked around the ground.

"You guy's go ahead, I think I know where I dropped it. "

"You sure? "

"Mmhm. " Tia turned back to the other corner as the girls ran ahead. "...Hyelyn."

Hyelyn walked out from behind the wall.

"Don't misunderstand the situaution. I just need to talk to you without any disruptions." Tia looked at her. "I don't know if what the girls are saying is true or not, but I still need answers...about the night Ilsuk left..I saw you guys together. When you kissed. "

Hyelyn looked at her confused.

"Why did you do it? "

'What? '

"You knew-" she cut herself off, realizing she was too loud. "...You knew that I liked him, didn't you? " She asked in anger.

Hyelyn nodded and within seconds her cheek turned a bright red with a stinging sensation.

Tia turned around in fury, but Hyelyn grabbed her arm.

Tia glared back and Hyelyn let go, while putting up her index finger to tell her to wait.She pulled her bag off and quickly jotted a few things down on to a paper.

'My mother died that week.'

Tia looked up at her, "What.."

'I ran away from home because I couldn't accept it, but Ilsuk didn't know. He saw me and thought that I was there to visit him. I tried to leave, but all he would talk about is how he wanted me to wait for him. Before I could react he kissed me and ran back home. My words wouldn't come out. It wasn't my fault. I'm sorry though.'

"...Whatever. " Tia crumpled the paper and tossed it to the ground. She turned back again and walked away. She looked back one last time and threw a bracelet to the ground.