Bracelet

Speaking Through Closed Lips

[Next Day]

-Flashback-
"...If you ever want, I'll be right here. "
-End -

I shook my head getting rid of the thoughts from yesterday as I walked to school.

'Ouch!' I rubbed my head and looked up, surprisingly it wasn't Hyun or Ilsuk that I had walked into instead it was the school gates. I looked around before walking around the steel bars and taking my seat once I got to class. Slowly I looked over to Ilsuk, who was focusing on some other girls with a serious expression, but the girls couldn't help but smile wider to show their love to him.

I tried peeking at Hyun, but I couldn't even make my eyes move. After he ran out yesterday I knew how he'd act. He probably looked down on me even more than those around me..saw me as only a burden, who would marry a mute girl afterall? The business deal's over and so is my chance to go abroad for the ballet academy. My one chance is gone.

"Hyelyn? Are you listening? "

I looked up to the woman in front.

"I told you to put the answers for the problem up. Don't tell me you don't have it done this time either?" she stared at me annoyed.

I looked down to the page in front of me which were again filled with blank lines. Because of last night's incidents I had forgotten about my English homework. I continued to stare in confusion at the letters on the board. I knew how to do it, but I didn't know the question so how could I answer her.

"Miss." Some boy cut her off as he stood up. "Can I do it? "

"Oh! That's a good idea. Show the class your English skills, since you just came back from Canada. " She smiled as if looking forward to a magic trick.

I looked back at my book as Ilsuk grabbed the chalk.

"Thank you, let's see the next one. " the woman flipped the page.

[…]

Again, during the break I went to the roof, but this time my hand hesitated as it grabbed the doorknob. 'What if he's here?...-Wait, what am I being scared for? I didn't do anything wrong and besides their company needs us more than we do.' I quickly pushed the door open in confidence, but stood in releif when he wasn't there.

-Ilsuk view -

"Hold on!" I grabbed the girls arm as she got up to the exit.

She looked to her hand and then at me. "Ne oppa? " she smiled.

"Where'd you get that bracelet? "

"N-ne? " her smile weakened.

"I gave that to Hyelyn, why do you have it? "

"Aniyo, this is mine. " she moved her hand away.

"Tell me the truth. "

"Ilsuk oppa, why are you acting like this? "

"Yes, why are you acting like this Ilsuk?"

I looked to Tia. "Mwoh? "

"This is her bracelet. "

"What're you saying? I gave this to Hyelyn. "

"I gave it to her. "

"What? "

"Hyelyn didn't tell you? She didn't want it so she threw it away. She said I could give to someone if they wanted it. "

"Why? "

"I don't know, something about it being a burden or something. If you really want to know why don't you ask her? She told me, why wouldn't she tell you? "

"She told you? Are you lying to me right now? She can't even-..never mind. Keep the bracelet. " I walked out.

-Tia POV -

'He thinks I'm lying? But he thinks we're best friends.. Did she tell him about us?'

She turned around to look at the girl and held her hand out. The girl understood and hesitantly handed over the bracelet.