Engagement

Speaking Through Closed Lips

-Next day -
(Her POV)
When I opened my eyes I was laying on the sofa in the living room. 'Did he finally leave?' I got up and grabbed a glass of cold milk, chugging it down to wake myself up.

-NO POV-

Her parents weren't back yet making the house quiet and calm. The sun shined through the windows, giving her a warm sensation, emptying her mind as the breeze blew through her hair.

-Flashback-

She danced in the room, the breeze, making the white curtains dance with her. The sunshine, coming in from behind her, made her glow like an angel as she her toes gracefully bringing her arms up. She looked to the door where a little girl stood in her nightgown. "Hyelyn, did I wake you up? " she smiled. "Would you like to dance with mommy? "

The girl nodded, skipping into her mother's arms, as she turned and jumped, laughing and smiling together.

-End-

She hadn't felt so relaxed in such a long time and she wanted to keep it that way, keep this time to herself, but that was too much to ask for. A loud ruckus walked through the doors, smacking the windows shut.

"Hyelyn, how was yesterday? Did you two get along? Were you nice? Did you have dinner together? " the woman asked multiple questions, annoying Hyelyn and eventually making her leave home early. After packing her bag, she left with a small breakfast.

(...)

She tightened her ribbons and after stretching got to her toes. Her dress felt tighter than usual. 'Great, I have to lose more weight. ' she practised until the afternoon and after a short break to massage her feet, got back to practising. She knew that if she wanted to get into the famous ballet academy, she'd have to practice harder.

-Guy POV-

"Daehyun, son!" the lady smiled excited, "Welcome in!" she took him to the dining room with his parents.

"I'm sorry, Hyelyn's gone for practice. She left today without saying anything."

'Practice for what?'

Her husband looked to her, giving her a look telling her to be careful with her speech.

"Anyways, tell me how's school? " she changed the subject, preventing Hyun from asking his question.

-Evening -

During the evening Hyelyn returned to her home only to be scolded by her step-mother. She had barely taken a few steps when her father and mother were back at .

"Hyelyn! Where were you? You've been gone since morning. Hyun's family even came for dinner!" she scolded.

"Hyelyn. " her father spoke. "The engagement dinner is tommorow. " he said in a calm voice, but Hyelyn could see the rage in his eyes.

-Next day-

Hyelyn had to wake up early for the engagement party. She sat up on her bed and looked to the painting she had drawn. It was the same one from when Hyun first visited. 'Mom...today's the day. Today I get a ring placed on my finger'. She waddled her ring finger in front of the painting, showing it to the woman within. A tear fell down her cheek and she quickly wiped it away, giving a smile to the woman. 'But, it's okay because you'll always be here with me. And after this I can leave far away to the academy. The academy you went to.' she smiled and quickly stood up, getting prepared.

(…)

"Ladies and gentlemen! The rings will now be exchanged. " a short man spoke into the mic. The engagement party had began for a while and now the main event was starting. Hyelyn had on a midnight blue dress with diamond earrings matched with a thin necklace. Hyun contrasted with a full white suit.

"Hyelyn? " her step-mother nudged her snapping her out of a stiff state.

She looked to Hyun who stood there waiting in the middle of the hall. Finally she took a step to him, her heart thundering as he took her hand and placed a small gold ring onto her finger. She slowly took his hand and slipped on a matching gold ring onto his finger. Guests cheered and clapped in happiness and excitement. After all the toasts had been made, she quietly tried to sneak out, but her step-mother pulled her to meet some old guy and his son.

"Hyelyn, this is Mr. Lee and his son Ilsuk. He's just came back from Canada and is starting school here tommorow."

"Hello, I'm Ilsuk. " he smiled putting his hand out.

Her step-mother nudged her to shake hands with him. She put her hand out shaking his.

"I'll be attending Seoul Academy. "

"Oh~ that's the same as Hyelyn!" the woman smile in excitement.

"Really? " Ilsuk smiled to Hyelyn, who was looking away with no care.

"Oh, here comes my husband. Let me introduce you. " she let go of Hyelyn's arm and left with Mr. Lee.

She walked out to get some fresh air.

"I'd thought you'd atleast recognize me."

She turned around to the boy's voice. A tall boy stood a few feet away; his hair black and suit white. It was Mr.Lee's son.

'Who? '

"Not gonna say hi? I guess you haven't changed one bit." he smiled.

She raised an eyebrow giving him a weird look in confusion.

"Don't tell me you don't recognize me?! Ilsuk, remember? The guy who confessed right before leaving for Canada? The same boy who gave you your first kiss? " he chuckled as her cheeks turned slightly pink.

'What?! That weird boy is..Ilsuk?! '

"Oh, There you are, Hyelyn!" Hyun walked out. "You're parents are looking for you. "

She couldn't be happier at the thought of her parents as she quickly made her escape.

"See you at school! " he yelled from behind.

The rest of the evening was wasted introducing her to some business partners.

- NEXT DAY-

"This must be a lucky year for all the girls in our class!" the teacher laughed. "We have another new male student. "

All the girls whispered happily.

"He's a transfer student from Canada!"

"Canada?" the girls giggled.
"He's probably fluent in English! "
" And really tall!! "

"Okay, settle down until he's finished introducing himself. "

The boy from last night walked in making all the girls smile ear to ear with screams of compliments.

"Hello! I'm Ilsuk! I just came back from Canada, so I hope you guys can help me out with the know-hows and we can become good friends. " he bowed with a cheeky smile, making all the girls swoon.

"Your seat is behind next to the back door. " the teacher pointed behind Melanie.

"Annyeong! I'm Melanie! " she turned around shaking hands with him. "And this is Tia." she pointed to Tia.

Tia looked back with a slight shocked expression and quickly looked away.

"Tia??" he looked at her surprised. "Wow! It's been so long, you've really changed! " he smiled.

"O-oh yeah.. "

"You guys know each other? " Melanie asked.

"Yeah, we went to the same middle school along with Hyelyn. Say, how is she doing? " he looked to Hyelyn giving her a wink.

"What do you mean?" Melanie asked confused.

"She wouldn't talk to me so I thought maybe you could tell me. Since you guys are best friends afterall. "

"Mwoh? " Melanie looked shocked. "Best frie-?!"

"Melanie. " Tia cut her off.

"Something wrong? " Ilsuk asked.

"It's class time right now. "

"Ah~ You're still the teacher's-pet," he smiled.

During lunch Hyelyn left like usual. This time Hyun was able to easily get out of class with all the attention going towards Ilsuk. Ilsuk tried to follow Hyelyn out, but was bombarded with all the girls with a million questions. Hyelyn went to the rooftop this time followed by Hyun.

"Wah!~ It's such a nice breeze." Hyun stretched back feeling the wind between his fingers and then looked over at Hyelyn who wasn't paying attention to him at all. "Hey, do you know him? Ilsuk, he was at the party last night too."

She took another bite out of her sandwich, giving a small shrug.

"I heard he's also a heir to some company. Supposedly, he just came back from Canada."

She shrugged again and go up heading back in. During class, Ilsuk kept looking at Hyelyn

-Tia POV-

I slowly looked over my shoulder, peeking at him, but he kept day dreaming about something. I looked over to where he stared and quickly llokedaway after finding out. 'So he still likes her...'

-Hyelyn POV-

I looked to my right as something tapped my shoulder, but whoever it was left as I looked over. 'Ouch.' As I looked back I bumped into a tall frame, causing myself trip over.

"Woah, sorry!" A tall boy sood in front of me reaching out a hand.

'Ilsuk,'

He helped me up, "Sorry 'bout that. I didn't think you'd fall for me so easily." he smiled.

I walked past him.

"I also didn't think the girl's were telling the truth." he walked next to my left side. "Did you really..stop talking?"

I didn't respond.

"Is it because your first love, a.k.a. me, left so abruptly?" he chuckled.

I ignored him and walked on.

"Hey, aren't you glad to see me at all? I didn't forget about you~^-^" he poked her shoulder and then pretended to be shy behind his big hands.

-no pov-

She cut in front, taking a left of the school gate.

"Oh, come on. I'm the other way." he pouted. "I'll see you tomorrow then!" he yelled from behind, waving away.

When she got home, she took a quick shower and lay on her bed, staring at the ceiling. 'And nowanother idiot's coming into my life.' She lookedback at the engagement ring on her desk. A small gold loop. She got up and grabbed it, tossing it into a pencilholder.