I'm Alone Again.

Speaking Through Closed Lips

The car ride was silent and even though she couldn't talk, she didn't want to. Exactly why was he suddenly talking to her after completely ignoring her for so long.

"..I'm sorry. "

'Like it matters. ' She continued to look out the window as if not hearing anything.

"I...didn't know. "

'I know. ' Her expression stayed the same, showing no importance to his words.

"I was just shocked.. I didn't know what I was supposed to do. I mean-" he stopped the car. "It was so sudden. " he looked to her.

'So you just left? ' She looked at him with anger that failed to repress her sorrow. 'Because it was sudden, you ignored me? '

"Hyelyn, I just needed some time to think about it all. I didn't abandon you. " He looked away from her gaze.

'Not looking at me. Avoiding my eyes. Walking by as if you didn't see anything... So you were thinking all those times? ' she looked away in anger. 'Thinking about what?? Whether it was a good enough sacrifice to marry a mute for the company?! ' she unbuckled her seat belt and got out of the car.

"Hyelyn? " he followed her out.

'It was my mistake. Something I'll never make again. Trying to open up to someone who doesn't even realise who I am. I must have lost my mind. '

"Hyelyn! "

She walked into the house slamming the door behind before he could enter.

"Hyelyn-" he tried to enter, but the door locked. "Hyelyn!" he rang the bell over and over.

The door quickly opened.

"Hyun? What's wrong? Why did you rin- "

"Good evening Mrs. Kang, we just came from the date. She forgot something in the car. " He rushed inside.

"She's probably in her room- "

"Thank you. " he ran upstairs, leaving the madame dazed at his impatience.

"Wait, you might need this. " she stuck out a key from her pocket.

(...)

"Hyelyn? " he knocked on her door and entered using the key.

As he entered she came in from another door.

"Before you do anything let me explain! "

She stared at him in anger, but didn't try anything.

"At first I really thought that you were arrogant just like the rumours said, but..when I found out the truth I was taken aback. But that doesn't mean I hate you or look down at you. It made me realize that everything I had thought about you and everyone else was wrong. I didn't mean to ignore you, it just happened while I was thinking... I'm sorry." he stayed silent for a few seconds. "I was trying to find my true feelings and wasn't sure what to say to you. I didn't know if I could do or say anything that could made it better. I thought that maybe the dance was a way I get through to you, but you paired up with Ilsuk before I had a chance. I... " he gulped. "In truth, I think I want to get clos- " before he could finish, she grabbed his hand and put a familiar obect inside.

"Hyelyn."

She pointed to the door.

"Hyelyn, I know it was my fault, but-"

The door closed in front of him, leaving him to stand in the hall.

"Hyun, Is everything okay?" Her mom walked up the stairs.

"Oh, I accidently closed the door too hard, sorry. Everything's fine. "

"Okay then. Come again next time for dinner. " she smiled.

"Thank you." he walked down, fading his smile.

"Hyun, I think she really likes you, so don't take her words to your heart if she says anything in anger. "

"... Thank you. "

-Hyelyn's POV-

She went back to her desk, holding on to the empty necklace case, as a tear fell in.

'I'm alone again.'