Chapter 6

Mysterious love

A month later…..

Seungri’s POV

Finally we are done with the project and the report, I hoped that we are able to score well for it. We also have to prepare for the upcoming tests. Life in university is really tiring especially when you have no one to confide in or someone to comfort you when you are down. After that incident, I hid my true self from the outer world and put up a fake front every day. All I do was study and hoping that I am able to prove that my dad did not commit suicide.

The texts were sent continuously and it’s not stopping. I might go crazy one day. That newcomer is now officially one of us. He is weird but I think that he’s unique and somehow special. The feeling that he gave me was of someone that I used to know and I started open up to them and talked a lot more when we were together.

-At School-

It’s break time right now and I needed to get some materials from the library. On the way to the library, I saw that newcomer. He’s behaving really suspiciously and went into the staff office. Curious about what he’s doing, I followed him inside and pretended to look for other tutors. He went inside the lounge and closed the door and curtains. I tried to eavesdrop on their conversation. I could barely make a word of what they were saying. I leaned closer to the door.

“Investigate and look up on his family on the internet. There might be clues about it and it will help you to understand the case better.”

“But will it help me to find him?”

“Just try all the methods and there might be some things you can analyze or work on.”

“Okay I will try my best then.”

Suddenly they’re moving up and walked closer to the door. Oh no, I need to make a run or hide. But where?

Under that office table should be fine, I thought as I made a run for it. They got out of the staff office as I stood up from the table with a lecturer staring at me weirdly.

“My coin rolled down the table and I’m trying to get it” I said while trying to cover up what I’m doing. I walked off casually with an idiotic smile on my face. Luckily that newcomer did not walk too far and I’m able to catch up with him. He turned into the library and he sat down at the internet café. Maybe I should surprise him and look at what he’s doing.

“Hey what are you doing here?”

“Nothing much why are you here anyway? Stalking me?”

“NO WHY WOULD I WANT TO STALK YOU. YOU ARE DISGUSTING” I protested and lied to him because I did stalked him.

“Yeah maybe you did not stalk me but watch me. Stop bothering me you this nosy human.” He’s annoyed.

“I came here to get some materials for the upcoming test you bastard. Let me repeat I am not interested in you” I said in frustration and went off to look for my materials. Just as I’m about to go off, something on Jiyong’s computer screen caught my eyes.

<>

What is he doing? Investigating on my father?

“Why are you investigating on Lee Hyunwoo? What are you doing?” I asked as I tried to hide my anxiety. 10 years had passed so why are you digging up this case again?

“I heard that this is a very sensational case 10 years ago and I was really curious if he did kill himself. And I want to know where his son is, he just disappeared into thin air not long after the incident. There are people saying that he’s dead because he couldn’t accept his father’s death.” He said while he continued reading the article.

I took a chair and sat beside him as I want to know what he thought about this case. I might make some discoveries from his perspective.

“Click on that forum, I want to know what are they talking about.” I said as I pointed out the link to that newcomer.

In the past, I used to evade all the news or questions about my father. I didn’t want to read the articles or search about him. The reason was really simple, I might not be able to accept what I found online. But I must face it right now because of the recent happenings.

“Scroll down to the comments section”

Suicide? That’s pretty surprising to hear. Hope his family members are fine.

Hah did he get killed or was it suicide, maybe the past criminals killed him and masked it into a suicide.

Maybe he is too smart and found out some government top secret that’s why he was gotten rid of.

It’s so dangerous to be smart and capable.

Maybe he couldn’t handle the stress and killed himself.

There are a lot more comments but I couldn’t continue reading it without feeling anything. Some of it made sense, what if dad really got killed by the ex-convicts? Or maybe he got killed because he found out something he shouldn’t know? The worst scenario was that he really can’t handle the stress and killed himself but dad was a really cheerful person. He doesn’t look like that kind of person who got depressed easily, he isn’t good at hiding his feelings either. When he’s upset or angry he would go out and have a jog and come back feeling a lot better.

“Seungri? Why you are so interested in this?” he wondered.

“Err… because my dad also committed suicide so I probably feel sad for that person and wants to know more about it. And this is a huge topic; I want to know why he died.” I came up with a half lie without much hesitation.

“Ohh, I’m really curious too maybe we can work on this case secretly as a getaway from school.” He offered.

“Sure” I gladly took his offer and hoped that I might find out more. When did I become so close to him?  

Jiyong’s POV

Wow suddenly he’s like so much gentler than he was when I first met him. He’s fierce and really disliked me but now we are having a proper conversation without arguing. I like the gentler him.

It’s a surprise that he’s interested in such cases too, maybe he might be a great help in solving this case but he mustn’t know that I’m a police officer.

My phone vibrated and I saw a message:

“I know who you are and if you continue to be an obstinate policeman and continue to investigate any further, then you will not have a nice ending.”

I blinked my eyes furiously as I read the message again and again repeatedly. Who would send this message?

That’s when I knew this case isn’t as easy as it seems.

“Are you even listening to me? Why are you spacing out after looking at your phone? Are you okay?” He asked ton of questions in a go.

“Yes yes, nothing happened I’m just thinking about the case that we are going to investigate. What did you just say?”

“I’m saying let’s come here again after school and continue with the research, I don’t want my brother to see what we are doing if you were to come to my house.” He repeated and I nodded as we got back to our class for the next lecture.

During the lecture, I couldn’t concentrate on what the lecturer was saying but to think about the message. I still can’t figure out who might be the one who sent it. I must get to the bottom of this matter.

For the next hour, I sneaked out of the lecture theatre and went back to the library to continue researching about Lee Hyunwoo news.

“Hey why didn’t you wait for me?” Seungri appeared behind me and took out his laptop and placed it beside me.

“I’m going to find more news so that we might be able to find some leads.”

There was really a lot of news regarding Lee Hyunwoo cracking tough cases and him being involved in government’s activities. I wonder what kind of activities is he involved in. 

After looking a few articles here and there we have not much leads. Only some general information about Lee Hyunwoo and his achievements were found.  I looked over to see Seungri reading the articles in concentration. He looked so tired with eyebags around his eyes. I wondered if he ever have enough sleep.

“Let’s go home? It’s getting dark soon” I said and we packed our things and left the library. While we’re getting out of the school, I felt like there’s someone watching us.

“Someone might be watching us, don’t look back just pretend we don’t know anything and we will turn into a corner right in front and ambush that person” I mumbled and he agreed.

We walked into the corner and waited for the person to pass by us. Minutes passed but there’s no one there. I walked into the streets but to find no one then suddenly a bright light shined at me. A car?

I can’t dodge it in time, I’m screwed. 

Seungri POV

I saw an oncoming car is driving towards that newcomer. He’s going to get bang down by it at this rate; I sprinted over and wanted to push him away but it seems like it’s too late. It’s like a natural instinct to save him, I wanted to protect him.  The car got us and we were sent flying and landed hard on the ground. Before I lost be consciousness I saw a person got out of the car and the darkness enveloped me. 

 

A/N: My friend said my story is a little bit slow paced, so i might move a little faster :) Next chapter will be quite short.....