Chapter 10

Mysterious love

Youngbae’s POV

I was called in by the headquarters this afternoon to report the progress of Lee Seunghyun to my superior. It’s been a long time since I came back here. I almost forgot the true identity of me.

“What did you got this time?” He demanded and sat down on the chair.

“I’ve been watching on their actions closely and he managed to find some leads regarding his father. Moreover I became friends with a police officer, Kwon Jiyong. He believed that I’m from the police force and working with him under the same person. Recently they were hit by a car but I couldn’t confirm who might be the one. And now they are planning to go back to Hyunwoo’s house to dig up more information. And Kwon Jiyong and Lee Seunghyun became friends and are working together now. But I am pretty sure that Kwon Jiyong doesn’t know that Lee Seunghyun was beside him all the time.” I asserted.

“Well done. Let me introduce an ally that you will be working with. Come in Daesung.” He said and signaled for the person to come in.

When Daesung came in we looked at each other in shock because it is totally unpredictable. He’s working under the government secret organization?

“He’s Kang Daesung and has been with the organization since the day he was adopted. He’s the one who caused the car incident if you are wondering. At first the organization doesn’t want anyone to investigate any further, therefore I ordered Daesung to send them a warning. If they are still persistent then the next thing would happen would be their funeral. However, this time the organization has a change of plans since we found out that they might have an idea of the missing information that Lee Hyunwoo and Lee Hyunseo stole. Both of you will need to retrieve back the information that Lee Seunghyun might be holding on to and bring him back alive. Get rid of anyone that gets in your way. ”

“Yes sir” both of us said and got out of the room.

“I didn’t know our tutor is a secret agent, you sure cover it up perfectly.” He mentioned.

“Same goes to you. Does your boyfriend know that you are checking on his brother? Should I say adopted brother?”

“You better not say a word to him and mind your own business. If he knows about it you will not be spared.” He grabbed my collar and warned me.

“Chill, why get so worked up about it. We should be more harmonious since we are going to work together.”

“I don’t want to get too close to you.” He spat and walked away. This is going to be fun.

Daesung’s POV

He better not touch or say anything to Seunghyun. I couldn’t imagine what will happen if Seunghyun finds out that I’m the one who injured Seungri. But I didn’t mean to injure Seungri as I’m targeting Jiyong. He will not forgive me anyway. But I’m just following the orders and felt really guilty about it. How I wish I’m a normal teenager with no burdens and live a perfectly normal life. If only my parents did not die and I would not need to be ‘adopted’ by the government. We were trained to be killing machines and act so that we can infiltrate into organizations easily. My childhood was full of horrifying memories. There were times I met some friends but they never came back after a mission. Some of them became more emotionless and brutal to a point where I don’t know them anymore. Some of them failed their mission and were gotten rid of. That’s when I realized I need stay alive by following their orders and complete all the missions given to me. Until I have the power to escape from this organization and live a life of my own. If only…

“Daesung can you help me to fetch those two from the hospital today? I can’t manage by myself.” I was interrupted by the phone ringing and I picked up. Then I went straight to the hospital to overhear their conversation.

“Seunghyun can we go back to Gwangju for a short get away during the semester break in a month’s time?” Seungri asked.

“Why do you want to go there?”

“Jiyong had never been there so he wants to travel and I want to accompany him.”

“But you can’t travel in this state…”

“Please can we go? You can bring Daesung with you so that you won’t be bored. And I promised that I will take care of myself.”

“Hmm, let me consider first and I need to ask Daesung too.” Seunghyun said and walked towards the door, where I’m standing. I walked inside the room and sat down beside Seungri.

“I accidentally overheard what you had said earlier about going to Gwangju.”

“So do you want to go to Gwangju and have a short vacation there?” Seungri asked me and looked at me with pleading eyes. I had to agree since I have to look for the hidden information which might be inside the old house.

“Sure I would love to.”

“See, even Daesung agrees. So you have to choice but to follow us or you can stay here.”

“Fine I will go too.”

Seungri’s POV

Finally I managed to persuade Seunghyun and the next plan is to book a hotel near my house and it will be more convenient for us to sneak out at night.

-3 weeks later-

Finally I’m removing the cast and I will be able to walk a little but I have to rely on that wheelchair for 95% of the time. It looks like I’m going to be a huge burden to Jiyong when we reached there.  Everything had been planned and we will go there in 3 days time. I packed all the necessities and some useful objects that might be useful to us. And my dad’s letter, I need to find my own diary in there so that I can understand what my dad is trying to say in the letter using our secret code. Lastly I need to go into the basement; I remember there’s a hidden room down there if I remember it correctly.