Chapter 12

Mysterious love

Seungri POV

It’s midnight right now and we are fully prepared. Seunghyun and Daesung were fast into deep slumber since we drugged them.

I’m using the crutches instead of the wheelchair right now since it reduces my mobility. I don’t want to be a burden to Jiyong and I can move a little after having a few session of physiotherapy. We took a bus down the streets nearby and went into the house. The sense of familiarity came back when I took a step into the house. It’s been a long time since I came back. Nothing changed the furniture were still in place but covered with cobwebs and dust. The family portrait was on the floor, the frame was broken. We were happy at that time but why did my dad kill himself? My tears rolled down my cheeks and landed on the picture. I miss you dad as my hands caressed picture of us.

“Seungri what are you looking at?” Jiyong came over and saw the family portrait.

“That boy looks like you with the eyebags underneath.” Jiyong pointed it out.

“Ehh no, that’s not me for sure. It just runs in the family. Everyone in the family have a pair of eyebags.” I tried to come up with an excuse.

“Ohhh that’s cute so next time your children will have a pair of cute eyebags too.” He said. What an idiot.

I went up the stairs with difficulty but I need to find my diary that’s keep inside a hidden book on the shelf. I hoped that it’s still there. I went into the room and saw a mess was made out of the room. What happened? Did the people from government come here before? The diary.

I moved over to the shelf that’s full of books. The book is located at the top shelf. How am I going to get it? I tried to use one of the crutches to get the book down but then a few books dropped down and I landed on my . Oww, it hurts my spine. Then Jiyong came in due to the noise.

“Are you okay?”

“I think I hurt my spine again. I just landed on my . Can you pick up that blue colour book for me?”

He passed the book over to me and I opened the book. Yes that diary is still there. I quickly turned to look for the code. Jiyong continued to explore my dad’s room and office while I took out the letter and translate it.

Remember the tree house that you used to play? The things you want to know are inside the trunk.

The tree house? What about the basement? There’s nothing there?

“Jiyong, we need to go somewhere else first.”

“Why? Did you find something?”

“Yeah but I will explain to you later just follow me.” The tree house is just around the corner.

“Jiyong run ahead to the tree house and there’s something hidden behind the trunk. Go and get it, I will catch up with you later.” I said. My legs are really tired and my back is starting to hurt.

Jiyong POV

 “No I can’t leave you here alone. Come on my back.” I offered. Both of us got to the treehouse and immediately Seungri tried to look for the information.

“Found it. Let’s take a look.”

To my son:

By the time you read this letter, you should know that I’m dead. But if you are reading this now, this would also mean you will be in great danger and you had also found out something me. I think it is time to tell you the truth now. Actually I am not as good as what you think. Years ago when I became famous, I got really bad. Bad as in I did immoral things for the government. Before I was a police, I was studying under the medical school and a month before I was going to graduate; I was kicked out of the school. Apparently it is because I offended some rich kids and they used their connections to get me out. Then I became a police instead. I was still interested with the medical technology and the government knew about it. The offered something really attractive and I knew I had no other chance to have my research being tested out. Thus I agreed to it. We took the prisoners on death row to experiment on. Everything was fine until some people suspected that we are using them as experiment subjects. But somehow they managed to cover it up. Then the number of prisoners on death row was getting lesser. This would be my research would be put on hold. The government would not want that. My research would be essential to treat incurable diseases and if we were to discover the cure we would be able to save a lot of people. But things got worse and they start to kidnap innocent people on the streets as subjects. It is really cruel and I can’t stand that. It’s wrong. It’s wrong to even start this experiment. They told me that my job is to only find the cure to diseases and not interfere with the government’s business. I wouldn’t want to see people to suffer anymore and therefore I hid the information of the experiment including the cure formula and confidential information somewhere else. Look for my brother. I need you to get rid of the information. It is hidden in my most precious thing in the world. I love you son.

I was in utter shock to read this. The government did such unacceptable thing. Seungri tried to snatch the letter and it tore into half and shred the paper in his hand.

“What are you doing?”

“This letter cannot be seen by people, we need to destroy it.” He reasoned.

“Stop what you are doing and hand that piece of information to me.”

I turned around and saw 2 guys holding the gun and pointing at us. Then an unexpected figure came up to us with a gun.

“YoungBae? Are you here to save us?” He walked in and pointed the gun at one of the guys then at us.

“No. I came to get the information that you’ve found. Thank you so much for helping me to look for the information.” He laughed and grabbed the letter on my hand.

“What the hell? Aren’t you from the police force, why are you betraying me?” I shouted and wanting to grab him but the guns was preventing me from doing so.

“Jiyong, what the hell is happening? Isn’t he on our side?” Seungri demanded. The feeling of being betrayed by someone you trust was terrible.

“Kill Jiyong and bring back Lee Seunghyun.” Youngbae ordered and the guys are loading the bullets into the gun. The gun was pointed on my temple. There’s no way I’m going to live. He pulled the trigger and I knew I’m not going to live.

Bang…Bang… Bang…

Am I dead yet? It doesn’t hurt. When I opened my eyes I saw the 2 guys lying on the floor dead.

“Why are you standing there? Get Seungri out of there and get into the car.” Daesung yelled. What is he doing here?

 

I quickly piggybacked Seungri and got into the car while Daesung and Youngbae had gunfire at the tree house.

“Jiyong, it hurts. My back hurts.” He informed with the car seats being stained with blood. I took a look at his injury and his back was shot. It must be during the gunfire. I took off my jacket and wrapped it behind his back to stop the bleeding.

“Hold tight we are going back to get Seunghyun and we have to leave this place right now.” Daesung got into the car quickly and sped off.

“Daesung who are you? Didn’t I drug you? How come you are still awake?” I threw tons of questions at him and waiting for him to answer.

“I’m working under the government with Youngbae. I was supposed to kill you guys but I can’t. Because of Seunghyun, I can’t do it. I didn’t drink the juice but Seunghyun did. I was really worried since Youngbae wanted capture Seungri. Or Lee Seunghyun I supposed.  How is he? ” Daesung asked in concern.

“He’s bleeding didn’t really stop. I think we need to get to the hospital quickly. Seungri is lee seunghyun?”

“Okay then I will drop you off at the hospital first then I will go get Seunghyun. I don’t think Youngbae knows that he’s injured. And yes, he’s the one that you’ve been looking for. I think he didn’t want people to know too much about him. Furthermore, he had some trust issues in the past.”

“I should have known or suspect when he knew a lot of things about the Lee family. He told me that Lee Hyunwoo was his uncle… Did he not trust me?” I felt terrible, why didn’t he trust me after so much.

“Although he didn’t tell you but at least he did trust you enough to follow you and investigate all these .”

“But he should at least tell me… I still can’t believe that the person I have been looking for is right at my side.”

“Yeah actually I wanted to tell you at the beginning of the school but Seunghyun stopped me. I was beside him to stop him from investigating his father death. They didn’t order me to tell anyone that he is Lee Seunghyun. I guess this time I will be killed if I were to be back at the organization. This would mean we have to leave this country as soon as possible.”

“I still don’t understand why you saved us; you could have let us died down there.”

“Because of love. I love Seunghyun and he loves his brother and you as his friend. I don’t want him to be disappointed at me. He’s the most important person to me in this world.” He confessed and we arrived at the hospital. I quickly carried Seungri to the ER department as Daesung drove off. I sat down on the chair while I waited outside the operation theatre. I prayed for his safety. I have never beg for something god but this time I really hope that Seungri will be fine. Every time when he’s with me he got injured. My heart aches when I think about him suffering. I have never been so concerned about a person before. Since when I had paid so much attention to him and he took up a huge part of my life. Every day I spent most of my time with him arguing about stupid little things. If time could turn back, I wished I didn’t investigate further and we wouldn’t have landed in such predicament.

Daesung POV

I got back to the hotel and hoped that Seunghyun will be sleeping on the bed. Youngbae must not get him before I arrived. Before I even stepped into the hotel room, the door was unlocked. I had a bad feeling. I pushed the door and saw the bed was empty. Seunghyun was not in sight. The bathroom. I hoped that he’s in there.

There’s noise inside the bathroom. He’s inside. I opened the door and Seunghyun was safe.

“Hyunnie, I’m glad that you are safe. We need to leave right now, something cropped up.”

“What? Okay I get our items and we will leave. But you have to explain to me later what is going on. By the way where is Seungri and Jiyong?”

“Err I will explain to you later just grab our things and go.” As I ushered him out of the room.

“Where are you guys going? You betrayer.” Youngbae stood right outside at the corridor with a bunch of people from the organization.

“Seunghyun try to escape later. I will take care of them. Find Jiyong and Seungri at the hospital. ” I whispered hoping Seunghyun would make it.

“Both of you better don’t move because if any one of you dies it isn’t my fault. Go and take them back to the headquarters. They brought us down into the van and this is my only chance to create a chance for Seunghyun to escape. Then I suddenly kicked them and while they are trying to grip me.

“Go and find them.” I yelled as seunghyun managed to shake them off and got away. Be safe Seunghyun. I felt a hit on the nape of my neck and I lost consciousness. 

A/N: Won't update for a week....