Something

Mysterious love

Seungri’s POV

I woke up to the familiar sound from my phone. 1 new message. I frowned. It’s 4 in the morning.

“Your father has betrayed the government organization and that’s what he got. Be careful. You might be the next target if you continue to investigate.”

I gripped the phone tightly and threw it across the room.

“What do you want?” I cried as my hands were holding up my head.

The texts started a year ago. Every few weeks there will be anonymous messages like this. I felt like I’m being watched by someone constantly.

I looked out of the window hoping to get some fresh air. But then something caught my eye. Movement of a shadow can be seen. What is that person doing out here? I hurried out, hoping I’m able to catch up with it.

I lost him.

Then I realized that I am somewhere near my father’s tomb. I picked up some flowers nearby and walked towards my father’s tomb. I sat down beside his grave…..

 I am currently in the second year of university. Time surely flies after ‘that’ happened. 10 years has passed and I realised that I did nothing much but to find misleading leads that made me feel like giving up and believe that he really committed suicide.

And I actually did give up not long after my father was dead and I had already moved on a few years ago.

But then a year ago while I was packing my cupboard, I found a book with codes that were created by my father and I. The codes were seemingly familiar. I took out the letter and realized that there was something more to it, it wasn’t a suicide letter. The code made no sense.That’s when the texts came as I investigate further.

I still remembered the first message was “Stop investigating”.

I knew I was on the right track; Dad couldn’t have committed suicide. He was definitely murdered. But something puzzled me. Why near the outskirts of the forest? Why did he go there?

Seunghyun hyung somehow knew about it. He stopped me from investigating.

If I could have stopped him from going out that day, I might be able to prevent all these from happening.

 The skies started to darken, it seems like it’s going to rain anytime soon. Dark clouds started to hover above the skies. I just can’t let go of this matter. I need to know the real truth behind dad’s death.

Before this accident happened, things are perfect and we used to live in a big house with lots of people in the house.

Butlers, maids, nannies and many other employees working in my house. It was never empty until my dad died.

 He was a man with great contributions. On the day of the funeral, no one cried. Their faces were masked with an emotionless face. I was young at that time and couldn’t understand.

At that point of time, I only knew little details.

The only thing I believed in was that dad committing suicide was almost impossible but evidence indicates otherwise.And I gladly believed it since there are no other evidence. 

However, no one knows the real reason behind his “suicide” and the case closed after a few months. People started to leave and soon no one resides in that big house. I moved away from the house.

 At that darkest point of my life, Seunghyun hyung was there for me. His family took me in.

All these years Seunghyun hyung had stayed by my side. I even changed my name so that I can start all over again. No one will know that I am his son. Lee Seunghyun no longer exists. There is only Choi Seungri now.

Drip..Drip..Drip..  

Unknowingly tears began to fall as the memories of dad and I came back. The rain is getting bigger; I can’t differentiate between the rain and my tears.

Cruel. I took out the only thing he left for me.

How cruel to take away my dad for no reason. Why? The letter in my hand was stained with fresh tears. I gripped the letter tightly. There’s nothing that I can do but to wait. I was helpless.

I left the tomb and went home. I will find out the truth one day.

 

6:30 in the morning.

“It’s still early isn’t it” I muttered. Stripping off my wet clothing, I got into the shower.

“Ri, where did you go early in the morning?” Seunghyun hyung questioned.

“Nothing. I couldn’t sleep so I went out for some fresh air” I lied.

“You went to his tomb isn’t it? The only place you will go in the early morning.”

I sighed and nodded.

“It’s obvious isn’t it, I want to know the truth and was hoping by going there, I might get some leads.”

“But you promised me not to investigate anymore. It’s for your own safety and no one knows whether we are being watched right now. ”

I showed him my phone, and was hoping that he will be convinced and let me continue to find out more. But instead I got a harsh response.

“Just ignore the message. Accept the fact that your father had committed suicide and stop investigating.”

“How can you say that? He’s not your father that’s why you can’t understand what I have been going through!” I shouted. Overwhelmed with mixed feelings, I slammed the door and prepared to go to school earlier.

*beep*

Another message came in.

“Listen to your brother. Don’t probe into this matter anymore. Or else you will end up like your father.”

 

Thank you for the upvote tabingu007 and the subscribers and silent readers. Double update in a day but I might not be able to update tomorrow since I have class..... >< Comments are welcomed.