In Busan

Unexpected You ~ The Sequel

So this is the next combo chapter that I have promise you.

Here goes...


~ Joohyun ~

"Joohyunnie?"

I glance at the source of the calm voice that I had miss so much. My mother. Leaving my current task of washing the dirty plates from last night dinner with Seungri oppa and appa, I run to her open arm. "Mama... I miss you so much!!" I nuzzle my face on her neck, smelling the familiar scent of her that I have miss so much.

"Oh...aigoo...you are now a big girl, Joohyunnie. Come let me properly look at how beautiful you have been..!!" She pulls away from our embrace. Tears of joy comes pouring out of my eyes. "Oh mama..."

"Ehem...!!"

I look around for the sound of coughing from my surrounding. And then I turn to look at my mother who had step aside to reveal someone standing behind her. He is my adopted 10 years old brother, Taemin. I frown, not that I do not like him, matter a fact, I have always wanted to have a younger sibling and the new addition in our small family is very much welcome. The present problem that I have with Taemin is that he kind of look like a girl despite his spider man t-shirt and short.

"Is this my noona, Mrs Seo?" his voice too sound girlish and why did he just call my mother so formal?

"Yes she is your noona. Now show your respect, Taeminnie." I watched my mother patted his head lovingly. I'm quick to wipe out my frowning but I guess little Taemin had caught me in my act. He glared at me defiantly, even though he did as he had been instructed to do so by my mother.

"Welcome home, noona. I am Lee Taemin." He bowed. I could only reply a simple acknowledgement but before I could usher him to seat with me, so that we could get to know much better, Taemin had decided to leave us by run off to the direction of his bedroom, in the second storey.

When I am sure he is far from earshot, I turn to my mother. "He looks like a girl. If I didn't know him first, I might think he is a sister instead of a brother."

My mother just laugh away to my assumption. I watch her taking the seat that initially I had wanted to offer to Taemin. And then she turn to face me, beaming with her megawatt smile.

"Now tell me everything from the begining about your love affair with the Dragon boy and up until now for why you are here alone with no sign of that Dragon boy of yours."

Silence

"Joohyunnie, unlike your appa, I could smell something horrendous fishy about everything that involve between the 2 of you. And unlike your appa, I will promise that I will not judge Kwon Jiyong if you don't want me to do so."

I nodded my understand for her reason which is still a blur to me to grasp, but still this is not something bad. Afterall, I need to share my problem with someone and that someone happens to be my mother.

"Now spill the bean Seo Joohyun."

"Here goes..."


~ Jiyong ~

Busan

If I know that the city is such a tranquil city and peaceful place to get lost in, I should be here much earlier. Maybe joing Young Bae and Ji-Eun in one of their weekend getaway, taking with me Joohyun. 

Look at those calm sea.

I just love the view of it that had welcome me with great feeling. I could forget all my problems for the moment. The sea breeze gently blowing onto my face as I cruise down the road to the direction of Busan city center. The weather is just so fine for relaxing by the beach. Maybe I could steal Joohyun away from her family for some loving moment by the sea. I am keeping my finger cross and pray hard within my heart for it to happen.

As I drive by the road, I watch the people strolling by the roadside. Some are tourists and mostly are local. Despite whoever they might be, they had been friendly enough to show me the direction to Joohyun family house, when I had stopped to ask for the direction. Most of them stated that the location is a bit secluded but after being shown the direction by several of different people, I am pretty confident of not getting lost.

But before I drive to the Seo resident, I thought that maybe I should stop by the nearest shopping mall in the city to buy some gifts for them. Well, I am very much needed to impress my future in-laws. 

I make a quick stop when I saw the first shopping mall as I reach the city center. My mind still racing to think of an appropriate gifts for Joohyun parent, along with the new addition in the Seo family - Taemin. And I am sure he will be the easiest to buy the gift. Well, since he is just 12 years-old kid, I should just buy him some toy to play.

As for my Joohyunnie, I remember that a few days ago, she is craving for 'Goguma' and I did saw a food stall selling the delicious sweet potato by the roadside. I should make my way there before driving to Joohyun house later. Buying the sweet potato while it is still hot I'm sure Joohyun will really love it. 

Without I realise it, my activities searching for the gifts for the Seo family had brought me to the cooking ware section. And my eyes automatically narrowed to one particular cooking ware that is the pressure cooker. I've heard that this is the latest cooking trend nowadays. Since Joohyun appa is a chef and restauranteur, I'm sure he will be delighted with my gift. I grabbed the brand Tefal since I recall that is the brand name which is famous for such cooking ware.

As for Joohyun mother, I should be heading to the lady section and buy for her one of those pretty scarf that I've seen when I walk pass the section. When I am busy browsing through the selection of scarfs, I felt that the round rails of scarf had been swung the opposite direction from previous. I believe that I was alone when I had first reach the rail. When I tried to look over the rail, I could not see anybody in front of me but the rail keeps on swinging and so I decided to move around the rail where I have met with a young boy with a frown on his cute face, maybe concentrating in choosing the right scarf for his mother or sister, I presume. He indeed looks adorable with his scrunching face.

Despite myself, and I felt like a ert, I smiled at him. 

And he caught me off guard when he suddenly look up at me with his frowning still in place. 

"Why are you smiling at, mister? Anything funny on my face that amuse you."

I goes down on my knee, to his height. Again, I smile. "Well, I find you're cute with your frustration face as you seems to concentrate in choosing all these pretty scarfs. It is a refreshing for me since I've been in a bad case of situation in my life recently."

The boy frowns deepen, but I could see a flicker of interest in his eyes.

"My mummy said don't talk to stranger. But..."

I glance over his shoulder, expecting to meet his mother or a figure of an adult to be near him, but there is none. He seems to be here on his own which is not a very safe for him at his age.

"Are you alone?"

"I am curious to know your so-call 'bad case of situation' that you stated, mister." The young one totally ignoring my question which really seal my suspicion on him. And I have an idea.

"Well, if you can help me to choose one of this scarf for my girlfriend's mother, I'll promise to share with you when I drive you back home. How about that?"

He seems to ponder on my deal which is not a really a bad one. I could only imagine how did he ends up to be in this shopping mall all by himself. If I could meet one of his parent, I'm sure to give them an earful of my opinion on their lack of parenting skill. I watch his face who seems to think the consequences of agreeing with my deal. He is just wearing a simple green plain t-shirt and a khaki short. On his neck, I saw he wore a necklace with an enclosed small picture frame. I'm sure inside those locket contains the pictures of his parent. But the most frustrating thing that I finds about the young boy and his reckless parent is that the boy is not wearing a coat or jacket in this cold weather. I am getting a bit more annoy by the minute.

"Choose the red flowery one." He points out to me the scarf on the rail that nearest to me. I take that he accept the deal that I've made and so I pulled the chosen scarf from the rail before making my way to the cashier to pay for my items, along with the pressure cooker that I've bought earlier. As I was waiting for the cashier to return with my change, I remember earlier that the young boy too was busy choosing a scarf of his own and the last thing I remember he did not choose any but my own. 

I glance over to where he had stand waiting for me and watching me. 

"Aren't you buying one for your mother?" He just shook his head and turn away from me, watching a group of boys around the same age as him, arguing over something.

"Come along then." I ushered him to follow me to where I had park my car, but before heading to the nearest food stall to buy Joohyun her 'Goguma'. Again, I points out to the young boy and again he did not wish to buy any for him.

Once we already get in my car, without saying, I watch the young boy buckled up the seat belt and then turn to me, with his curious eyes. Instead of asking for his address, I asked of his name which I seems to not asking of him earlier. He did not reply me immediately but as I drive the car heading out the exit out of the city area, his answer shocked me.

"Taemin."


Mianhe...because this chapter a bit draggy AND both GD and Joohyun have yet to meet but I thought I will save it for the next chapter, along with a BOMB new from Joohyunnie.