Here without you

Unexpected You ~ The Sequel

~ Joohyun ~

"What are you doing here, oppa?"

I saw his car driving passed me as I was returning home from my afternoon walk by the village. One of the activities that I've missed and back in Seoul, there is no such opportunity for me to do that, not even with Jiyong oppa. We will definitely be surrounded by our fans, especially the VIPs. I'm not so sure of the Sone though. Will there still be Sone fans that supporting me even though I am no longer part of SNSD?

When I saw his car, I could not deny that I am so thrilled with the thought of him who will still seek me out no matter. That act alone will show how much I am still important to him and the love that we had built for the past few months. But then again, there is a part of me that question Jiyong oppa sincerity with how quick he had made his decision to have me back in our life as a couple. Our separation did not even last for a day. Less than 24 hours ago from our bitter arguement, here he is seeking me out, and I am so sure with my intuition of the reason of him being here. It clearly shows on his face.

Now, here he is standing in front of me, with his holding Taemin's hand. He looks so surprise as if I have caught him doing something naughty. Wait a second...Taemin is with Jiyong oppa? That's really surprise me because as far I know, he is supposed to be out shopping with my parent. I glance down to the young boy who is glaring at me.

"Ain't you suppose to be with appa and oma?"

Taemin defiantly still glared at me. It was Jiyong oppa who breaks the tension between us. "Miss Seo, what a pleasant surprise?"

Woah...did Jiyong oppa just called me by my formal name? What game is he playing now? I scowled at him to show that I am not a bit amuse with his game. Before I could say anything further to him, Taemin had been quick to drag him away from where I am standing. "He is my friend. And I want to show him my doggie, Spot!"

I watched both of them heading at the backyard of the house where the dog will always be. Appa did not like dog roaming around in the house so he had clearly forbidden the dog to enter but in consolation, he had personally built Spot his very own dog house where he will be sheltered in at the back yard. 

Jiyong oppa could only gave me his guilty smile and followed dutifully to where my brother is taking him. Refused to not be left behind, I choose to follow the 2 of them and I did not even try to hide my presence even when Taemin had seems to dislike my presence for some unknown reason why.

Since the moment he saw me, I could sense that he somehow dislike me but I try to cast aside such feeling after all we had just been introduce like 3 hours ago, not much could be learn from each other personality. Maybe if we could spend times more often where we can easily bonded as sibling, there is the possiblities of us being close. Just like Jiyong oppa and Dami unnie closed relationship as brother and sister. I envied them much. The bond and the closeness between the 2 siblings makes me long for my own and luckily for me, my prayer had been answered. My parent had adopted Taemin, the son of appa's restaurant manager in his restaurant in Busan. Taemin's real appa had died in a tragic car accident whilst his ummah had passed away during childbirth to Taemin.

When my ummah had told me this wonderful news, I've been raring to go home and meet my younger brother. However because at that time, I was caught in a hiaistus situation in my career, and so I could never get away but to quickly settled the problem here before I was free from SM Entertainment. 

From the distance, I watched the 2 of them playing with Spot. Both of them were happily playing with the dog who never stop chasing either Taemin or Jiyong oppa. I could hear Taemin joyful laughter which somehow sound so blissful. Ummah said that Taemin rarely laugh and even if he is, it will only when he was watching his favourite cartoon - Pororo.

"Aigoo...he is so adorable, Taeminie," exclaimed Jiyong oppa when he had scooped Spot from the ground and lovinly rubbed his face to nuzzle the dog face. That is his habit with both his dogs - Gaho and Jolie. And they loves Jiyong oppa nuzzling. I tries to do the exact same like him. Gaho seems to love it but not Jolie. I nearly lost my nose when she tries to bite it.

"He is clever too, hyung. See this...!!" Taemin takes one of Spot's plushy toy, grabbing the dog attention before throwing it in opposite direction. The dog immediately make a run to catch the thrown item. "Did you see it??"

"Yes...he is indeed such a clever doggie!!" Jiyong oppa exclaimed happily as he pat down  Taemin head. I could not help but smile at the wonderfully picture of the 2 of them. I could pictured Jiyong oppa with our child, in the future, having a wonderful time playing with the dog or some fun outdoor activities. Sigh...there is a certain happiness bursting out in me.

Suddenly I watched Spot comes running towards me. The dog suppose to give the thrown item back to his little owner - Taemin, but instead he runs to me and dropped the item by my feet before sitting down and looking up at me, as if waiting for some kind of reward from me. "Shush...go back to Taemin. I'm not your master!!" I tried to shoo away the dog at the same time, trying my best to push the toy inside his mouth and again at the same time, trying to push him away to the direction of my younger brother. I take a quick glance at him. The boy giving me a death glare. I tried to smile and try again to push away the dog but Spot would not bulge, instead he decided to lie down flat on the ground.

From the distance, I could hear Taemin is complaining to Jiyong oppa about the dog and me. "It's ok Taeminie. Maybe he wants your sister to join the fun too. Come on!!"

"Ok..." I watched Taemin bow his head only for a few second and then, he glance up at me, with a big smile, he comes running to me. I could not be that happy as I widen my arms for him somehow expecting that he will hug me. And he did, even though for just a few seconds. "Hug Spot, noona!! He wants you to carry him and hug him and nuzzle him..." and so forth he goes on and on and on. I did what he asked of me. I felt Jiyong oppa eyes on me as he stand near my side.

"Omo...please stop kissing me...!!" I tries to avoid the wet sloppy tongue of the dog who endlessly trying to my face but Spot is too fast for me. After my mini battle with Spot and his , I quickly handing over the dog to its rightful owner, Taemin who happily taken him from my outstretch arm.

"Can I show Spot my collections of bear bricks in my room?" Taemin ask me with his big round hopeful eyes. I know the dog is not allowed to enter the house. Appa will be very angry if he found out, but how could I said no to my brother who seems to open up to me now, even just a tiny bits? Without thinking much further, and the hell with appa, I just nodded to him as a permission.

"Thank you, noona!!"

Both Jiyong oppa and I watched him ambling happily inside the house with Spot who he still carrying in his arm. "I thought the dog is not allow to enter the house." I glared at him. "Ok ok...you did the right thing to go easy with him...only this time. A very kind and thoughtful noona you are, hyunnie."

And now he is back to call me 'Hyunnie' again. What happen to Miss Seo?

"Where did you find him, oppa? Oh God, appa and ummah must be worried sick thinking that Taemin is missing but actually he is here with us. I must called them." I quickly run into the house and I know Jiyong oppa has also followed me in. I felt his presence just behind me when I grabbed the house phone and quickly dialled appa mobile numbers.

As I am waiting for appa to answer my call at the other end of the phone, I points to Jiyong oppa towards my kitchen and tell him to grab himself a drink. He just shook his head and continues to stand by my side. And when appa finally answered my call, true to my words, both my parent were currently in a panic stake as they think that their son had gone missing and they were waiting for the security guard to tell them of their search for Taemin. "It's ok appa. Everything's ok now. Taemin is with me..."

"How did he comes home?!"

"Well, he met Jiyong oppa in the mall and oppa was on his way to meet me in our house. So oppa had send him home instead."

"What did Jiyong do in the mall instead driving straight to you to our house?" Well, that's got me thinking too but I just cast it aside and think that maybe Jiyong oppa had stop for a while to buy something to eat which I shared it with my curious appa.

"Ok then...what is he doing now?"

"Who? Oppa or Taemin?"

"Jiyong of course. I know Taemin will be playing with his dog at the backyard that's for sure." Only if appa knows the real truth where Taemin and Spot are currently playing now.

"Well, Jiyong oppa is keeping me accompany while I am on the phone with you."

"Is he hungry? If he is, I could grab some ingredient here and cook him something delicious." I did not really ask Jiyong oppa if he already have his lunch, and I just agree to appa suggestion to cook him some of appa delicious dishes. I did this so that I could steal sometime alone with Jiyong oppa, to know of reason why he is here with me now.

After agreeing with all appa suggested dishes where he is allow to fatten Jiyong oppa, I slowly put down the phone receiver while my eyes keeps on watching Jiyong oppa who now admiring the picture frames of my family photos.

"Oppa..."

Jiyong oppa turns to me. He smiled. "You have a beautiful family here." And as he slowly walks towards me, he continues talking to me, "I hope we will have the same happy family too...in future...one day."

I wonder where is he going with in his speech.

"Hyunnie...please forgive me." The distance between us has shorten bits by bits.

"Hyunnie...I am wrong to treat you like the way I've treated you. So please forgive my fault..baby." I felt his hand gently taking my hand and bring it up to his lips, and kiss the knuckles of my hands. I could see the pain and hurt in his eyes. It bring me into tears. The tears started to burst out now but I could not help it, even when I tries to stop myself from crying out loud.

"Hyunnie...I realised it now that you are the one for me and I would do anything in my might to be part of your world again...forever." In the blur of my eyes, I could only watch Jiyong oppa too shedding tears as he continues to say his confession. I felt the suffocation in my throat, the arching pain in my heart from our bitter arguement last night. Like a movie reel, it keeps on playing in my mind, so clear like a day. Yes, in my mind, I just wants everything to be back as it is but my heart just refused to accept anything that Jiyong oppa begging forgiveness from me, even though I know he is telling me the truth.

"Hyunnie...you have the right to punish me and I will make it up for every mistakes that I've put you through. But please do not hate me and leave me. Please...I can't live without you!!"

I nodded. Maybe for now, I will let you stay but oppa I need to see how sincere you are to be part of our new family here.

As I buried face onto his chest, I whispered, "I love you oppa..."


Share your thoughts in the comments below. I would love to hear it :-)